Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] F Matias Maccelli re-signs with the Coyotes (3 years, $3.425M AAV)

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Good deal, he will outperform it.

I really am puzzled by NHL GM's and agents work schedules. Very little happened during the last week, yet a flurry of signings this weekend, lol.
Too hot out?

Maybe the RFA dates being finalized pushed some agents and teams to start working on these deals.

Agreed that Maccelli will outperform this deal. Look fantastic with McBain and Crouse down the stretch.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Fantastic deal for not quite 3.4. Honestly could have seen other teams giving him 5 or 6.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Would have been nice to see an 8yr deal here but I understand why a 3 year was done. I'm okay with it too. If it's a bridge I think it'll look really good by the end of it.
The only way it would've been 8years is if Arizona was going to pay him north of 8m dollars.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
This kid is a budget Patrick Kane, anyone who has watched him will know what i mean, he just has that swagger while holding the puck. Wouldn't be surprised if he is a PPG player before that contract ends.

Edit: Back when he was playing in Finland he was my favorite player because he's got that mini-Kane look to him, ofcourse he played for the wrong team in my city so i couldn't say it out loud.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Yeah right,LOL, more like 8 x 4.5 - 5M.
With his stats? Because he's older, he had a shorter ELC. But his rookie campaign was better than William Nylander, who got 6x7mil and that was 5 years ago when cap was lower.

Obviously, Arizona wouldn't do that because they want to see Maccelli repeat this for multiple times before committing big money. And Maccelli nor his agent are stupid enough they would take 8x4,5, when we his ceiling is probably somewhere around 8-9mil. He was that good.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
With his stats? Because he's older, he had a shorter ELC. But his rookie campaign was better than William Nylander, who got 6x7mil and that was 5 years ago when cap was lower.

Obviously, Arizona wouldn't do that because they want to see Maccelli repeat this for multiple times before committing big money. And Maccelli nor his agent are stupid enough they would take 8x4,5, when we his ceiling is probably somewhere around 8-9mil. He was that good.
... and why they did a bridge deal. What I put up there was the most likely offered by the Coyotes.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Great point. That’s way to risky. 4 would have been ideal.
His SPC expiring a year short of UFA eligibility would mean he could choose to take his QO and limp into UFA. It's not an ideal position to negotiate an expansion with him. With this contract his QO will be $4.11M, I think (assuming there's no signing bonus in the final year).

Last edited:
Reactions: Coyotes19c

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
... and why they did a bridge deal. What I put up there was the most likely offered by the Coyotes.
We are not in a disagreement. I just put up what Maccelli and his agent should counter if Arizona said they wanted 8 years.

He had a phenomenal last year, if he keeps it up during these 3 years he's in for a big payday. Cap is probably around or over 100mil by then.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
We are not in a disagreement. I just put up what Maccelli and his agent should counter if Arizona said they wanted 8 years.

He had a phenomenal last year, if he keeps it up during these 3 years he's in for a big payday. Cap is probably around or over 100mil by then.
I expect him to start shooting more, but there was no way Armstrong would have even considered that. He is not known for long term contracts (since I said that, he'll probably get McBain to sign an 8 year contract).

Reactions: Kaizen

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Weird deal. It's either going to be a steal, or it'll be one of those contracts that you kinda wonder...why? Personally, i've like Macelli a ton since he was a prospect, so i lean toward it being a steal. But it creates a really awkward situation a few years from now, when he's going to probably be asking for the moon on his next contract. But i guess Arizona aren't really worried about thinking that far ahead. They're just trying to survive right now.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
But it creates a really awkward situation a few years from now, when he's going to probably be asking for the moon on his next contract.
Bill Armstrong prefers short deals in large part because it keeps players motivated to prove themselves and earn more. If Maccelli is asking for the moon in a few years, it's because he's become a star. That's good for the player and good for the team.

Reactions: Nowotny and Kaizen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad