Are you playing hockey?

damack

Jan 3, 2014
I haven't played since the start of the pandemic and it's killing me. I have moved three times since then, bought a house and had a baby, so a lot has changed and I'll have to find a new league once things open up again. With the kid being so young, I've got to be careful, but hopefully by next spring I'll be back on the ice. I'll probably suck though. Every time I take more than a couple months off, my hands and shot seem to get worse and I never get them back.

I was in the same boat. Stopped playing in April last year and finally got back in July. After 15 months it felt so awkward I contemplated not playing again. Strained my oblique second game. I got into physio and back in the gym, my body started to loosen up and by the fourth game I'm feeling not quite as terrible any more.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Played few times during last winter - semi legal though.

In line for the first time during summer and went back to ice on monday, transition from inline to ice was brutal.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Aces89

Apr 22, 2020
My team played another team from our league for the first time since February 2020. Good to have that friendly competition back

Aces89

Apr 22, 2020
Mandatory vaccines now implemented in Ontario. One guy got turned away at the door for being on Day 12 of 14.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Play weekly, but injured my knee during a final three weeks ago, so I'm currently sidelined.

Aces89

Apr 22, 2020
My season returns for the first time since February 2020 next week! This was our last preseason game

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Started ball hockey men’s league 3-4 weeks ago. I am a worse player than I was a few years ago, definitely. I’m playing with a good group of guys and although we’re losing most games, we have a lot of fun and we’ve been improving.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
We could practice since Spring 2021 with proof of a recent negative test, vaccination(s), or recovery (in Germany that's called 3G).

Ours Season actually picked up in September and we've started having official games.
Recently we went to 2G. Means that a negative test won't suffice. Recently fully vaccinated or recovered only.

greyraven8

Dec 24, 2007
Thunder Bay, ON
Playing once a week with a shinny group where you sign up online. More or less the same group of guys; a little young and fast for me but I get by on D. Brine pipe leak moved up from our usual rink for a couple weeks, but that is now fixed and we're back there. Filled in for my dad's group in goal once; it had been a long while since I played goal and boy did it show.

My previous group lost their slot after not playing for a couple years during COVID. The other group where I'm a spare goalie hasn't been desperate enough to call me yet this season.

beedee

Jan 13, 2014
I took this season off as a full-time player from my usual beer league team but subbed three times with them, and a few times with another team I regularly sub on. The new season starts after the new year and I’m going to play full time again.

Reactions: JMCx4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad