Are you more likely to cheer or boo for the return of Dion Saturday night?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
If the fans at the ACC boo, it will be the first time this year that the sound breaks the "Library" barrier.

As for what I'm more likely to do… I'm more likely to watch the golf highlights.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It would be weird if I started cheering or booing in my living room

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Does anyone have any examples of Dion doing anything *******/negative/embarassing/stupid during his time in Toronto?

He's guilty of being signed to a big contract and being overhyped early in his career by Pierre McGuire, who we all failed to realize was a bag of hot air too late.

If people are indifferent that's fine, I'm not part of the Dion fan club, but he's done nothing worth booing. He wanted to stay a Leaf but got traded because that's how things go, it's not like he pulled a Marty St. Louis.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Not really sure where the hate for Dion comes from...yes we only made the playoffs once with him as captain and no we never won anything big with him leading the team, but that is no reason to boo him. Yes he earned more than he was able to give on the ice, but so do any number of other players around the league. He was one of the few players who seemed to actually give a crap on many nights, I have nothing against him.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Why boo Dion, good player given to much money by poor management who also failed to construct a good team.

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
I certainly won't be booing him. I liked him, happy for the opportunity he's getting with Ottawa and wish him nothing but the success he couldn't get here in Toronto.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I'm indifferent to Dion. He didn't seem like a bad guy or a bad captain but his team's never went anywhere, not that it was his fault. I suspect he'll be booed by some idiots for no reason at the start, then in typical ACC fashion everyone will give up 5 minutes in. Let's not pretend that our crowds are vocal.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I think the better question is will Phaneuf get a welcome back video? If precedent is a factor he should not since Phil Kessel never got one, however I think his circumstances are a lot different compared to Phaneuf.

that was ******** when kessel didnt get one, both of them should get a video accomanied by a standing O

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
I hope he gets a big-arse cheer but most off the library brigade will probably be too busy twitfacing somebody.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
If they're showing a tribute video then he deserves to be cheered. If they're not showing one then cheer or stay quiet. The guy meant well whether his contract matched his play or not, he was nothing but amazing to the city of Toronto and did the best he could with what he had to work with.

None of what happened during his stay in Toronto was his fault in any way, shape, or form.

D3ADLY

Jan 8, 2009
Twitter @AgentDeadly
For me, I will be cheering. And laughing. But cheering, because he proved me wrong on his character over time.

Playing devil's advocate here. The ONLY thing that'd make me boo him, and the only thing I can't get over is when he decided to stop saluting the crowd, leading to the jersey toss era.

This is no pity party. It's the NHL and he is now playing for our biggest rival.
It's a easy BOOOO.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
If Phaneuf scores a goal tomorrow night it could help the Leafs tank, assuming they are losing and etc.

Yup, I'm just remembering the playoffs when the rivalry was at its best. I'm not pro-tank but understand it's what's necessary right now.

RLF

May 5, 2014
No real reason to boo him. He was overpaid for sure, but he tried every night and was a professional on and off the ice. I am glad we traded him, but no need to boo him.

Mad Brills*

Good player, awful contract.

Cheer him during the tv timeout, and then boo rest of the night.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
This is the same fan base that booed Brian McCabe for no particular reason. After watching Zootopia last night, it made me believe that it's ingrained in our biology to act moronically.

GO LEAFS GO! U.S.A! U.S.A!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
This is the same fan base that booed Brian McCabe for no particular reason. After watching Zootopia last night, it made me believe that it's ingrained in our biology to act moronically.

GO LEAFS GO! U.S.A! U.S.A!

and celebrated Domi.....for the most part, it's check your IQ's at the door.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
The guy represented fail. Was it his fault? Maybe not. But it would of been nice to see some burning desire whether the team was good or not. I think true leaders were Clark, Gilmour, heck even Tucker. Phaneuf just came across as an egomaniac like Tie Domi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad