Are you more likely to cheer or boo for the return of Dion Saturday night?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I will cheer for Phaneuf, and then, when one of our young guns goes around him like the pylon he is, I'll cheer for him again! :yo:

:naughty:

I will cheer for him for as long as his cap hit sits as an anchor on another team's cap! ;)

TankNationTillDeath

Pylon4Sale
Jan 10, 2014
Toronto
Playing devil's advocate here. The ONLY thing that'd make m,e boo him, and the only thing I can't get over is when he decided to stop saluting the crowd, leading to the jersey toss era.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
He was probably the only player who brought 100% every single game. He was the captain and lead by example.

He was also a #2 dman playing #1 minutes with a #6 partner. It wasn't his fault here so he should be thanked IMO.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
He deserves cheers for me. He had to face unnecessary crap here, and deserves some respect for the things he's done here.

Absolutely Dion deserves a lot of respect and cheers he played here through some pretty bad times and was a good player, in spite of the naysayers and he was a decent Captain.

He should be Cheered much like Brooks Laich was, when he returned to Washington, anything less would show the world how boorish The Toronto Fans are.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I'll cheer for the $7 million in cap space

Seriously though, I'll cheer him on. Nice to see him doing well in Ottawa.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Just another game against a former Leaf as they've all been (except Wendel) for me. Might boo him if he scores though. :)

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I would absolutely cheer Dion. What a strange question. He didn't asked to be traded here. Or to be captain. His agent negotiated his contract.

Dion stood in front of that and owned up to every game and answered every question. Played some damn good hockey here as well. I think he did honor to the Leafs captains of the passed I have no problem with him really.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What was your opinion last thread? If I was there tomorrow I'd give him a round of applause when they show his tribute video, but that's about it. The guy never took a day off on the ice, and was by all accounts a stand up guy in the room and in the community, that's commendable.

:laugh: I don't recall, I assumed this thread would get moved to that one.

I certainly wouldn't boo, he didn't do anything wrong was a class act, a good soldier and did a great job mentoring Rielly.

Thankfully Stubhub came through and I don't have to attend.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Kinda hoping Nylander blows by him for a goal like JvR did with Luke Schenn a few years back. Bonus points if Dion goes for a monster open ice hit and flattens Karlssen instead.

Hilarious.

ee99a690-a9a2-11e3-a472-b5de4ebeab06_PinkWelltodoGharial.gif

In all honesty though, cheer 100% he gave it his all and never complained, good man and a good captain.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Dion made the best of a bad situation. Played with ahlers his whole time in toronto

Will cheer for dion

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Guy gave his all, night in and night out. Put up with an immense level of **** from fans and media. He dropped the mitts when called upon, laid some monster hits, and gave us some great moments.

Cheer that man as hard as you can, if you're in the ACC.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I don't care - what kind of poll is this

Way too many unnecessary pools and threads

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Guy gave his all, night in and night out. Put up with an immense level of **** from fans and media. He dropped the mitts when called upon, laid some monster hits, and gave us some great moments.

Cheer that man as hard as you can, if you're in the ACC.

I Must have been watching from a parallel universe. The Dion I remembered always shied away from similar sized guys and went after players much smaller than himself.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Playing devil's advocate here. The ONLY thing that'd make m,e boo him, and the only thing I can't get over is when he decided to stop saluting the crowd, leading to the jersey toss era.
Wasn't Phil Kessel responsible for that because the video shows him saying something to Phaneuf and after that the players skated off the ice. I thought it was one reason Shanahan was so desperate to trade Kessel, although since Phaneuf was the captain I guess he is the one responsible for something like that.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
I very strongly hope he will be well received but I suspect he will get booed.

Hopefully the fans at the game can respect our old captain.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Nothing is the answer.

This is a player that went to management asked for them to trade players away. I have no respect for a player who fails to do his own job yet holds others accountable for not doing theirs...

I cheered when he got traded. Still can not believe that he was the captain here....one of the worse if not the worse.

I hope we run him each and every time we have a chance.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Nothing is the answer.

This is a player that went to management asked for them to trade players away. I have no respect for a player who fails to do his own job yet holds others accountable for not doing theirs...

I cheered when he got traded. Still can not believe that he was the captain here....one of the worse if not the worse.

I hope we run him each and every time we have a chance.
When did Phaneuf ask management to do that because I don't remember hearing about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad