Post-Game Talk: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! JETS SWEEP OILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Hmmm... how come none of the box scores (TSN, NHL Jets) show who took what penalties? With all the whining I wanted to double check some info and can't find any.
I always remember the penalties being listed on the same screen as the goals.
What am I missing?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Hmmm... how come none of the box scores (TSN, NHL Jets) show who took what penalties? With all the whining I wanted to double check some info and can't find any.
I always remember the penalties being listed on the same screen as the goals.
What am I missing?
Didn't check those but Yahoo definitely has them listed.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
In the Sirius NHL radio interview with Jericho the hosts suggest that if the Leafs win tonight the game would be on Saturday. I'm not sure if they know that for a fact (kind of makes sense). If the Habs win tonight then Game 6 is Saturday. I would bet that we start on Tuesday to line up with a Saturday game down the road.
Thanks!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Buffalo fan-
I've been pulling for a few Canadian teams others for different reasons-
wanted McDavid to get a cup so I was torn for the past series. Also if TBL repeated it'd be quite a story.

But your team has really grown on me. You truly have a playoff team. I see remarkable self-discipline, self-belief, confidence, faith, leadership, determination and teamwork with this Winnipeg squad. Frankly they play like how a cup-winning team plays.

So consistent, so much depth, all players contributing and playing their role whether it shows on the score-sheet or not. I think I fell in love with this team- they play like true soldiers/brothers not co-workers. I love to see that. That's what makes champions. I've been watching all PO series this yr. but I see something special in Winnipeg.

With this team this playoffs, it's like you always know there's an offensive threat even if there's a 3rd-4th line out because everyone contributes, even the D while still playing relatively conservatively. Your team know how to trap skill teams, yet while still full forechecking and picking off pucks and taking advantage of other team's mistakes for scoring chances.

That's a playoff team.

Reminds me of my [non-professional] team when I played. Which is why I think TOR would struggle playing Winnipeg. TOR has a similar offensively schemed play like EDM- & really are regular season teams not designed for the playoffs IMO. I think Montreal would be harder to play against than TOR tbh and doubt they could match the depth of Peg. I think WPJ at least should make it to the 3rd round if they play the same way the entire playoffs.

Winnipeg the city as a small market team actually reminds me of Buffalo and I'll always root for the team that hasn't won a cup (in their current form) and the underdog. (and where it snows)
I cannot imagine the horror of having a team relocate as a small market Buffalo fan, you and all of your fans deserve a championship.

Don't want to jinx it by saying the C*P word, so I'll reverse jinx it instead by simply saying-----I AM ROOTING FOR YOU WINNIPEG JETS & ALL OF YOUR FANS! Like most Canadian fan-bases you truly know hockey and I'll always respect that. I am a Winnipeg fan this year.

With respect and well wishes,
-A genuine hockey fan.
You are welcome on our board anytime you want. :thumbu:

Reactions: Cypruss

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Why would you personally want to stick it out in Edmonton?

Why do players stick it out in Wpg?

The Oilers organization has been a mess for quite a while but they seem to have put that behind them. The jury may still be out on that. Lets see how they handle the off-season.

If they take another step back, I could see McDrai getting a little fed up.

Right now, they are not far off. This PO experience will have helped them in the long run. They have some good looking prospects. But they need a goalie. Smith isn't going to repeat this season's performance.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo fan-
wanted McDavid to get a cup so I was torn for the past series. Also if TBL repeated it'd be quite a story.

But your team has really grown on me. You truly have a playoff team. I see remarkable self-discipline, self-belief, confidence, faith, leadership, determination and teamwork with this Winnipeg squad. Frankly they play like how a cup-winning team plays.

So consistent, so much depth, all players contributing and playing their role whether it shows on the score-sheet or not. I think I fell in love with this team- they play like true soldiers/brothers not co-workers. I love to see that. That's what makes champions. I've been watching all PO series this yr. but I see something special in Winnipeg.

With this team this playoffs, it's like you always know there's an offensive threat even if there's a 3rd-4th line out because everyone contributes, even the D while still playing relatively conservatively. Your team know how to trap skill teams, yet while still full forechecking and picking off pucks and taking advantage of other team's mistakes for scoring chances.

That's a playoff team.

Reminds me of my [non-professional] team when I played. Which is why I think TOR would struggle playing Winnipeg. TOR has a similar offensively schemed play like EDM- & really are regular season teams not designed for the playoffs IMO. I think Montreal would be harder to play against than TOR tbh and doubt they could match the depth of Peg. I think WPJ at least should make it to the 3rd round if they play the same way the entire playoffs.

Winnipeg the city as a small market team actually reminds me of Buffalo and I'll always root for the team that hasn't won a cup (in their current form) and the underdog. (and where it snows)
I cannot imagine the horror of having a team relocate as a small market Buffalo fan, you and all of your fans deserve a championship.

Don't want to jinx it by saying the C*P word, so I'll reverse jinx it instead by simply saying-----I AM ROOTING FOR YOU WINNIPEG JETS & ALL OF YOUR FANS! Like most Canadian fan-bases you truly know hockey and I'll always respect that. I am a Winnipeg fan this year.

-A genuine hockey fan.
Thank you for your kind words. For what it's worth, I've always had a bit of a soft spot in my heart for the Sabres, going right back to when the team began (I was 10). Although mostly a Bruins fan in those days (Bobby Orr), I always liked the Gilbert Perreault-Rick Martin-Rene Robert line, and loved watching them play. I was hugely disappointed the year they made it to the finals and lost to the wretched Flyers.

I hope you guys get the competitive team back that you deserve, soon.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Buffalo fan-

That's a playoff team.

-A genuine hockey fan.

there are loads of similarities Winnipeg to Buffalo especially in the pro sports world.

your Bills and our Blue Bombers I see lots of similar attributes in style of franchise. Sure Bombers are “Community run” and Bills aren’t but the fan bases are similar and the style of play is similar. Not to mention cold winter weather football!

Thanks for the awesome post!

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I am okay with the main board fans and the media focusing on the 'Edmonton implosion' or 'McDavid this or that' for that series. No posts or articles really selling the fact that the Jets adjusted to Edmonton and won because 0f it. This is okay because whomever wins TOR-MTL....well, they will get the same treatment and maybe it will be just as effective.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Just thought it was worth mentioning that it looks like reuniting the CSW line was a good decision. There have been pages and pages of comments on this Board excoriating the Jets' coaches for going back to this line, but when they are on their game they can really make an impact. That's particularly true when the Lowry line is absorbing a good chunk of the tough matchups.

One thing about the CSW line is that when they have their A game, they can really scare opponents with their danger off transition / rush offense. That can create doubt in opponents and make them back off a bit to avoid being burned. Tippett mentioned it after game 1 - that the Oilers had to be careful of the Jets transition offense. That works to the Jets' advantage, because the Jets can be at their worst when they are hemmed in their zone with a heavy / pinching team.

It will be interesting to see how the matchups in round 2 go (assuming it's the Leafs). It sounds as though Maurice used both Stastny and Dubois at C on the "2nd" line. Dubois still hasn't been generating as much offense as he probably could/should, but he's been very good down low in the defensive zone. I think he'll be a potentially important player at C matching at times vs. Matthews and Tavares who are tough to handle on the cycle. The Jets probably need all 3 lines going to get decent matchups vs. the Leafs top two lines with Matthews and Tavares (assuming he's back).

81-55-26
25-13-27
9-17-22

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Our man Armia doing what he can to push the Habs / Leafs series to a 6th game.

I think that might be the sweet spot.
If the series goes 7 games the guys would be off for quite a while.
But going to 6 games gives the Jets a couple of extra days off to heal and practice.

Reactions: Cypruss

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I’ve meet quite a few of the Jets players. Majority were beauties and appreciative of us. I would never waste their time outside of any team sponsored event, but a lot of them were engaging. Byfuglien and Thorburn were hilarious.

Ive taken my kids to numerous New Orleans Saints meet and greets over the years. With one exception they were all gentlemen and kind to the kids. That never happened when I lived in New York. The players live in fear of most of the fans. Granted if you listened to the callers on WFAN for any length of time you could understand why.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

schmockeyknife

Apr 7, 2021
GOLD!

189884827_1861140754057170_1181301946028275376_n.jpg

tbone1968

Sep 1, 2017
Texas hill country
Jets have it going. I think the longer layoff before Game 1 might hurt them ? but it'll work itself out. Bring on either one. No one in their right mind should be scared of either of those teams. If it's the Leafs I can hardly wait for the series predictions. All Leafs all the time that is fantastic. Bulletin board

Reactions: Jets 31

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Buffalo fan-

That's a playoff team.

-A genuine hockey fan.

You can cheer with us and join us for the rest of the season...

Welcome...

Reactions: Jets 31

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
In case the Oiler fans are unclear:

Sweep - To win all the parts of a competition

sweep
[swēp]
VERB
  1. clean (an area) by brushing away dirt or litter.
    "I've swept the floor" ·
    brush · clean · scrub · wipe · mop · dust · scour · scrape · rake · buff · vacuum · hoover · do
  • search (an area) for something.
    "the detective swept the room for hair and fingerprints"
    synonyms:
    search · probe · check · explore · hunt through · look through · delve in ·
    clean · wipe · dust · mop
  • to kick the shit out of Coilers here and there
  • losers · whiners · deniers · kicked · screwed · babies · golfing
  • along, typically curved stretch of road, river, country, etc..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad