Post-Game Talk: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! JETS SWEEP OILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
It's probably best to ignore what the sports networks, media, and other stupid people are saying, because if you thought it was bad against the Oilers, you know that if the Jets play the Leafs it's going to be ramped up by a factor of 10, at least.

Reactions: thereturn

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It's probably best to ignore what the sports networks, media, and other stupid people are saying, because if you thought it was bad against the Oilers, you know that if the Jets play the Leafs it's going to be ramped up by a factor of 10, at least.

Oui er entit'eld two er entitelment's... an' eh proof es e' proof...

tenor.gif

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016

Which is why it is getting ramped up now, it sets the media narrative for the Jets Leafs series.

Reactions: surixon

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
So, which is dumber:
  1. Oilers fans and media pundits blaming the refs for the Jets sweeping the Oilers; or
  2. Vegas players blaming the refs for the 5 minute major penalty they took a few seasons ago which resulted in 3 PP GA?
I can't decide... :sarcasm:

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Buffalo fan-
I've been pulling for a few Canadian teams others for different reasons-
wanted McDavid to get a cup so I was torn for the past series. Also if TBL repeated it'd be quite a story.

But your team has really grown on me. You truly have a playoff team. I see remarkable self-discipline, self-belief, confidence, faith, leadership, determination and teamwork with this Winnipeg squad. Frankly they play like how a cup-winning team plays.

So consistent, so much depth, all players contributing and playing their role whether it shows on the score-sheet or not. I think I fell in love with this team- they play like true soldiers/brothers not co-workers. I love to see that. That's what makes champions. I've been watching all PO series this yr. but I see something special in Winnipeg.

With this team this playoffs, it's like you always know there's an offensive threat even if there's a 3rd-4th line out because everyone contributes, even the D while still playing relatively conservatively. Your team know how to trap skill teams, yet while still full forechecking and picking off pucks and taking advantage of other team's mistakes for scoring chances.

That's a playoff team.

Reminds me of my [non-professional] team when I played. Which is why I think TOR would struggle playing Winnipeg. TOR has a similar offensively schemed play like EDM- & really are regular season teams not designed for the playoffs IMO. I think Montreal would be harder to play against than TOR tbh and doubt they could match the depth of Peg. I think WPJ at least should make it to the 3rd round if they play the same way the entire playoffs.

Winnipeg the city as a small market team actually reminds me of Buffalo and I'll always root for the team that hasn't won a cup (in their current form) and the underdog. (and where it snows)
I cannot imagine the horror of having a team relocate as a small market Buffalo fan, you and all of your fans deserve a championship.

Don't want to jinx it by saying the C*P word, so I'll reverse jinx it instead by simply saying-----I AM ROOTING FOR YOU WINNIPEG JETS & ALL OF YOUR FANS! Like most Canadian fan-bases you truly know hockey and I'll always respect that. I am a Winnipeg fan this year.

With respect and well wishes,
-A genuine hockey fan.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Buffalo fan-
I've been pulling for a few Canadian teams others for different reasons-
wanted McDavid to get a cup so I was torn for the past series. Also if TBL repeated it'd be quite a story.

But your team has really grown on me. You truly have a playoff team. I see remarkable self-discipline, self-belief, confidence, faith, leadership, determination and teamwork with this Winnipeg squad. Frankly they play like how a cup-winning team plays.

So consistent, so much depth, all players contributing and playing their role whether it shows on the score-sheet or not. I think I fell in love with this team- they play like true soldiers/brothers not co-workers. I love to see that. That's what makes champions. I've been watching all PO series this yr. but I see something special in Winnipeg.

With this team this playoffs, it's like you always know there's an offensive threat even if there's a 3rd-4th line out because everyone contributes, even the D while still playing relatively conservatively. Your team know how to trap skill teams, yet while still full forechecking and picking off pucks and taking advantage of other team's mistakes for scoring chances.

That's a playoff team.

Reminds me of my [non-professional] team when I played. Which is why I think TOR would struggle playing Winnipeg. TOR has a similar offensively schemed play like EDM- & really are regular season teams not designed for the playoffs IMO. I think Montreal would be harder to play against than TOR tbh and doubt they could match the depth of Peg. I think WPJ at least should make it to the 3rd round if they play the same way the entire playoffs.

Winnipeg the city as a small market team actually reminds me of Buffalo and I'll always root for the team that hasn't won a cup (in their current form) and the underdog. (and where it snows)
I cannot imagine the horror of having a team relocate as a small market Buffalo fan, you and all of your fans deserve a championship.

Don't want to jinx it by saying the C*P word, so I'll reverse jinx it instead by simply saying-----I AM ROOTING FOR YOU WINNIPEG JETS & ALL OF YOUR FANS! Like most Canadian fan-bases you truly know hockey and I'll always respect that. I am a Winnipeg fan this year.

With respect and well wishes,
-A genuine hockey fan.
I appreciate you dropping by. Feels like the Jets are The Rodney Dangerfield of the NHL playoffs. I’m waiting for everyone to count them out against the Laffs, I guess they actually didn’t watch the Oilers. series. The whole teams defensive scheme was a sight to behold, and scoring was opportunistic. Leafs fans need to get over themselves and realize the season series was 4-4-2, whereas the Oilers was 2-7. Im looking forward to Jets letting down their fan base and pundits.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I appreciate you dropping by. Feels like the Jets are The Rodney Dangerfield of the NHL playoffs. I’m waiting for everyone to count them out against the Laffs, I guess they actually didn’t watch the Oilers. series. The whole teams defensive scheme was a sight to behold, and scoring was opportunistic. Leafs fans need to get over themselves and realized the season series was 4-4-2, whereas the Oilers was 2-7. Im looking forward to Jets letting down their fan base and pundits.

The beauty of the small market for the local fan is that team is not remote. You can see the players and say hello or maybe let your kids ask for an autograph. In a big city the players typically carry a restraining order to show any fan that dares to come within 100 feet. WPG is a passionate hockey city and shouldn't be seen as some sort of red headed step child by the other Canadian team fan bases.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
The Oilers reffing stuff is simply loser talk. Trying to talk themselves into being better than they are, better than the Jets, better than blah blah blah. They are taking personal opinions and trying to amplify it into fact, and spread it around everywhere they can. They are taking loser talk to the next level imho. The highest level. They are taking it to levels that have never been seen or experienced before.

By doing so, they have become the worst losers in the history of the NHL. I hope they enjoy their place in history as the worst losers ever, period.

Aggie204

Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
The beauty of the small market for the local fan is that team is not remote. You can see the players and say hello or maybe let your kids ask for an autograph. In a big city the players typically carry a restraining order to show any fan that dares to come within 100 feet. WPG is a passionate hockey city and shouldn't be seen as some sort of red headed step child by the other Canadian team fan bases.
I’ve meet quite a few of the Jets players. Majority were beauties and appreciative of us. I would never waste their time outside of any team sponsored event, but a lot of them were engaging. Byfuglien and Thorburn were hilarious.

DuckyGirard

May 23, 2021
It seems a little extreme to be suggesting Oil trade McD. He needs a better supporting cast but he is the best player in the world and he is only 24. How often does any team trade a player like that at such an early age?

However, they might have an unusual situation. Re-sign Nuge and they have 2 top 6 C's, one of them outstanding. IF they could find the right trading partner it might make sense. That is a big if.
Why would you personally want to stick it out in Edmonton?

Aggie204

Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
The Oilers reffing stuff is simply loser talk. Trying to talk themselves into being better than they are, better than the Jets, better than blah blah blah. They are taking personal opinions and trying to amplify it into fact, and spread it around everywhere they can. They are taking loser talk to the next level imho. The highest level. They are taking it to levels that have never been seen or experienced before.

By doing so, they have become the worst losers in the history of the NHL. I hope they enjoy their place in history as the worst losers ever, period.
Their fans and reporters are crybabies. And their organization post Gretzky era are losers. Remind me how many 1 OA’s in the past decade? lol

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

mac nylander

May 23, 2021
New York, NY
I appreciate you dropping by. Feels like the Jets are The Rodney Dangerfield of the NHL playoffs. I’m waiting for everyone to count them out against the Laffs, I guess they actually didn’t watch the Oilers. series. The whole teams defensive scheme was a sight to behold, and scoring was opportunistic. Leafs fans need to get over themselves and realize the season series was 4-4-2, whereas the Oilers was 2-7. Im looking forward to Jets letting down their fan base and pundits.

No leaf fan with a brain is counting the jets out against the leafs, and that's a fact. This series has a good chance going 7 games.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
I’ve meet quite a few of the Jets players. Majority were beauties and appreciative of us. I would never waste their time outside of any team sponsored event, but a lot of them were engaging. Byfuglien and Thorburn were hilarious.
Ive also met a few guys over the years and and they were all great. Postma, Thorburn, and the Wheeler family. I think maybe Blake's wife Sam was the highlight lol. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Aggie204

Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
No leaf fan with a brain is counting the jets out against the leafs, and that's a fact. This series has a good chance going 7 games.
Call me jaded, but if you were a Jets fan you’d understand where our frustration lies. the media and nonexistent coverage on the Jets on a national level is crap. The team was counted out against the Oiler by mostly everyone except our own.

I look forward to talking to Leafs fans in a rational manner, like you.

Aggie204

Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Ive also met a few guys over the years and and they were all great. Postma, Thorburn, and the Wheeler family. I think maybe Blake's wife Sam was the highlight lol. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
I meet Blake, he was cold. But I’m not mad, I couldn’t imagine the amount of people nagging him outside the rink lol.

Reactions: GNP

mac nylander

May 23, 2021
New York, NY
Call me jaded, but if you were a Jets fan you’d understand where our frustration lies. the media and nonexistent coverage on the Jets on a national level is crap. The team was counted out against the Oiler by mostly everyone except our own.

I look forward to talking to Leafs fans in a rational manner, like you.

I totally understand, obviously Toronto practically being the Mecca of hockey .. I can see why Sportsnet/TSN & other talk shows cater to the larger audience.

Maybe because of the late 1-9 stretch you guys had would be the reason? I just remember everybody freaking out about the collapse. I think people tend to forget that the regular season doesn't mean **** and I knew in the back of my mind the jets are going to give us a problem if we played them in the playoffs.

Without a doubt, it's going to be some great hockey. (assuming we get by MTL) lol

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I’m looking for stories because I’m so happy the Jets won, but it appears I have nowhere to turn because we are just a bunch of dirty cheats who had the games given to us.

What a sad environment we live in now.

It’s the new way.
Injustice everywhere.
Life is so hard and unfair.
Look at me , listen to me....
I have been victimized, I have been offended, I have been wronged...
Wimpiest time in human history.

Reactions: Jets 31

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
If Toronto wins tonight do we know when game 1 would be yet?

In the Sirius NHL radio interview with Jericho the hosts suggest that if the Leafs win tonight the game would be on Saturday. I'm not sure if they know that for a fact (kind of makes sense). If the Habs win tonight then Game 6 is Saturday. I would bet that we start on Tuesday to line up with a Saturday game down the road.

Reactions: kanadalainen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad