Management Are you confident in the rebuild? Draft analysis and discussion

So... are you confident in the rebuild?

• Total voters

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I just no longer trust Dorion and DJ to assess NHL level talent, that's where I currently am at. That said, if we want to sign better players fans better buy more tickets and merch!
Nobody should trust Dorion he is a used car saleman. As soon as they agree to email me tickets so I can print them at home, I'll buy more tickets. :thumbu:

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
We all have known since the beginning of the yr that the defence was going to be crap outside of the top pairing, nothing new there. Lots of people on here have said that the prospects in Belleville were not NHL ready. They have one way contracts & the GM is the one who brought them in & the coach plays who he has. This team will again look very different after the TDL & different again next season with more of those UFAs gone & hopefully a few more of our prospects on the team.

Those UFAs gone only to be replaced by more crap? Because that's what we were clamoring for when we got rid of Stepan, Gudbranson, Boroweicki, Anisimov... We need 2 solid pieces. One veteran top-6 forward and one veteran top-4 defenseman between the ages of 27-32 would be fine. Some decent insulation would be fantastic...

Last edited:
Reactions: HSF

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I mean I could post similar numbers from the pre dynasty Chicago Blackhawks. It’s a rebuild, and a full-blown tear down at that. Whether we are successful or not has less to do with where we are finishing right now and more to do with whether the players we are acquiring are going to be good enough to win.

There’s a reason that NHL franchises are hesitant to rebuild, and often prefer bandaid solutions. It’s not because everyone is naive enough to think that will lead to winning, it’s because rebuilding is long and difficult, not guaranteed to succeed and unless you’re the Leafs damages your fanbase. If it was as simple as lose for three seasons and then begin your upward trajectory more teams would do it. We kept NO ONE which few teams do, it was bound to be a long road ahead.
Except the GM says the rebuild is over

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Funny seeing people say that this team is losing cause of covid

the roster sucked before covid and is on par or worse than last years

Reactions: Loach and Fandlauer

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Except the GM says the rebuild is over

I think @aragorn summed that up. Dorion is a) trying to sell tickets and b) trying to send a message to the team not to get comfortable with losing. He’s a bad communicator and speaks in absolutes.

I absolutely do not think he expected us to be as low as we are, and I think he makes bad decisions. But him saying the rebuild is over has no real bearing on what’s happening, it’s not as if he went and traded our first unprotected. He’s just spewing some nonsense in the media.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It’s funny seeing ppl defend the management of this team when even the OWNER said we need a top 4 d and top Center.

now I see ppl dropping stats about how our power play and defensive play are bad… well no shit

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I think @aragorn summed that up. Dorion is a) trying to sell tickets and b) trying to send a message to the team not to get comfortable with losing. He’s a bad communicator and speaks in absolutes.

I absolutely do not think he expected us to be as low as we are, and I think he makes bad decisions. But him saying the rebuild is over has no real bearing on what’s happening, it’s not as if he went and traded our first unprotected. He’s just spewing some nonsense in the media.
How can you build a poor roster then tell the fans and players that losing is not acceptable

it’s like telling Buffalo fans that the rebuild is over

it’s looks stupid

Last edited:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Eichel could have been had for a very cheap cost relative to his worth

Ottawa should have been the team that was gunning for him the hardest

yet we weren’t. This team won’t be competitive for long with the budget constraint and leaderships eye for talent

Reactions: SENStastic

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
How can you build a poor roster then tell the fans and players that losing is not acceptable

it’s like telling Buffalo fans that the rebuild is over

it’s looks stupid

Hey I agree. He’s living off the young guys and Trent Mann’s work, time for him to take ownership on this and get them some help.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
So trade for them …off the top of my head

Devon toews
Ryan graves
Schmidt

All traded for picks.

Schmidt stunk last year and has a big long ass contract I hope they don’t take a risk like that Toews had no contract and would be gone now..that leaves one guy.
Yes they should try to find someone but it’s not like they are everywhere

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Schmidt stunk last year and has a big long ass contract I hope they don’t take a risk like that Toews had no contract and would be gone now..that leaves one guy.
Yes they should try to find someone but it’s not like they are everywhere

that doesn’t leave one guy

we literally had an expansion draft where defensmen were taken off other teams

hell you can have dhillon for picks

the jets rebuilt their defense in 1.5 seasons ….this is Winnipeg we are talking about

come on

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The Sens had a draft?
No you know that new team who picks players from other teams who you could potentially deal with ?

tell me how Winnipeg rebuilt their defense and we can’t trade for even ONE top 4 d?

Give me a break dude

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
No you know that new team who picks players from other teams who you could potentially deal with ?

tell me how Winnipeg rebuilt their defense and we can’t trade for even ONE top 4 d?

Give me a break dude

Yes I bet after watching Schmidt play everyone would have been thrilled if they took on that contract.
the draft made it hard to trade for someone without being able to protect them no?
Seattle didn’t make many deals did they? Obviously they were out to lunch with demands

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Yes I bet after watching Schmidt play everyone would have been thrilled if they took on that contract.
the draft made it hard to trade for someone without being able to protect them no?
Seattle didn’t make many deals did they? Obviously they were out to lunch with demands
Sens could have protected another D

hence why they were in talks to get graves

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
3. Guys are not in a hurry to play for the Sens

How long is this going to be an excuse though? If no one wants to play here then he contributes to that culture, so as GM of the team, figure out how to change it. Make savvy trades on guys with no NTC until you can convince a free agent to sign here. If we can’t ask for that from our GM, we may as well put anyone in seat and just hope our draft picks all pan out.

I’m willing to let this play out as I think this is pretty fixable but it’s hard to justify how in 4 years Dorion hasn’t traded for a single competent dman.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Weird almost like they tried...
Not good enough when the return wasn’t high

Offer more . The sens don’t need countless picks if the rebuild is over

like I said Dillon could have been had for cheap too . Kinda dumb to be looking for a top 4 D mid season

Reactions: Xspyrit

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Not good enough when the return wasn’t high

Offer more . The sens don’t need countless picks if the rebuild is over

like I said Dillon could have been had for cheap too . Kinda dumb to be looking for a top 4 D mid season

How do you know what they wanted? What if they would not move off Pinto or Soko and our first?
Let them figure it out, it’s been 3 drafts since the rebuild started and they 100% have to save room for a Zub contract.
It needs to be addressed yes but it also has to make sense

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
How do you know what they wanted? What if they would not move off Pinto or Soko and our first?
Let them figure it out, it’s been 3 drafts since the rebuild started and they 100% have to save room for a Zub contract.
It needs to be addressed yes but it also has to make sense
Dillon went no where close to pinto or a 1st

sens love draft picks and should be offering those 2nds easily for better players

why are we worried about Zub contract for this year ? Why cant you add Dillon and sign Zub ?

If they can clear 5 mill off the books for Dadanov and spend another 2 mill on Dadanov they could easily have added a top 4 salary . We are so far from the cap

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Dillon went no where close to pinto or a 1st

sens love draft picks and should be offering those 2nds easily for better players

why are we worried about Zub contract for this year ? Why cant you add Dillon and sign Zub ?

If they can clear 5 mill off the books for Dadanov and spend another 2 mill on Dadanov they could easily have added a top 4 salary . We are so far from the cap

Ok they have to beat those two second round picks not match them so ya that starts adding up.
I think the sens are a lot closer to the cap then you think, they have like 7 million in space? now pay Norris save room for Zub Jimmy Pinto.
It’s not that easy to be adding millions it has to make sense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad