OT: Are you annoyed with the Jays being Canada's team

Status
Not open for further replies.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Just wondering what some of the residents in the GTA think of all the non GTA Jays fans with 0 ties to Toronto.

So one has to be from an area to be a fan, even when there is no other team in the country playing the same sport?

I for one have no problem with the long time out of town jays fans, but all the people that jumped on the bandwagon, not so fond of.

Bandwagon jumpers are such an issue in your life that you felt the need to start a thread about hoping others would agree?

I believe the Jays should be Toronto's team.

This is monumentally stupid. What possible justification could you have for this?

And people wonder why the rest of the country hates Toronto?

If the Leafs were in the Cup finals being only Canadian team left, we would not be called Canada's team.

Um, that's because there are other Canadian teams in the NHL. Name me another Canadian team in MLB.

Should swing both ways.

Do you seriously not grasp that the lack of another Canadian baseball team plays a role?

Would you be ok if they were named The Canada Blue Jays?

:facepalm:

I think the main problem is that it should be Toronto's team, not Canada's.

I think the main problem is your ridiculous position on this. Good Lord, please start hockey season already so we have something to talk about rather than threads as monumentally stupid as this one.

Then I would have no problem with all bandwagoners.

So bandwagon jumpers are OK if they live locally? How do you define local? Where are you drawing the line? Steeles? Barrie? Kitchener-Waterloo? Kingston?

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Lol, what? Have you ever been to Vancouver? I've even been on vacation in Mexico where a waiter asked the table next to me if the they were from Toronto and they were straight up offended.

Don't really care but blue jays should definitely not be Canadas team. They are the Toronto blue jays.

Gaze at your naval much? They were not offended because they were asked if they were from TO. They were likely offended because they were not asked about Vancouver. That does not translate to Toronto hate. Most likely the Mexican waiter has only ever heard of Toronto hence the question. Like a Canadian going to Europe and being asked what part of the States you are from. It's happened to me every time I've been to Europe and I'm not offended or do I hate the States.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Why is it all of a sudden Canada's team when they start winning. For the past 20 years it was just the Toronto Blue Jays. Should have been 'Canada's team' for the last 20 years, and not just starting last year.

Well for starters, twenty years ago there was another Canadian team.

And if this is such a huge issue in your life why don't you contact the team and complain to them when they are clearly marketing themselves as Canada's team. Have you never noticed the maple leaf on their caps? Do you think fans put that there? Nope, the team did that. Ever stop to wonder why? But since you are clearly so bothered by this why don't you do as I suggest and call the team to lodge your complaint. I am sure they will care and will be tripping over themselves to remedy the situation to satisfy your ridiculous gripe.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
East Coast has a huge Boston following for every major sport.

All our American TV networks come from Boston/New England area so it's natural.
Yeah, thats why I expected it to be that way. Its why Toronto has old school Yankees fans, Cleveland Browns fans (people in their 60's like my dad) and among younger people have a large presence of Bills fan. Obviously, sports packages have changed the ability of what team to follow/cheer for.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
East Coast has a huge Boston following for every major sport.

All our American TV networks come from Boston/New England area so it's natural.

Not too mention the long history between New England and Nova Scotia, Bluenose, Halifax Explosion, Navy connections, etc. I'm third generation born Nova Scotian with family roots in the Irish area of Boston, but support the Leafs and Jays all the way.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Hope the people in this thread will accept leafs bandwagons (when they get good) as much as they're accepting jays bandwagoners

So long as they live within a defined boundary apparently. But I think we need to establish that boundary first.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
u can bet ur life that if toronto was in the scf they would be labeled canada's team

and like 2011 every other candian fan would cheer against you

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
u can bet ur life that if toronto was in the scf they would be labeled canada's team

and like 2011 every other candian fan would cheer against you

I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Nothing I enjoy more then cheering against the other Canadian hockey teams when I know their fans absolutely despise the team that I cheer for. And that's the way hockey should be :)

SnazzyNazzy

Oct 20, 2012
Waterloo
Just wondering what some of the residents in the GTA think of all the non GTA Jays fans with 0 ties to Toronto. I for one have no problem with the long time out of town jays fans, but all the people that jumped on the bandwagon, not so fond of. I believe the Jays should be Toronto's team. If the Leafs were in the Cup finals being only Canadian team left, we would not be called Canada's team. Should swing both ways.

For those that are ok with this,

I think the main problem is that it should be Toronto's team, not Canada's. Then I would have no problem with all bandwagoners.

Without question this is one of the dumbest posts I've ever read on this site.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I have no problem with people outside of Toronto supporting the Jays, whether in other parts of Canada or worldwide. I think it's great.

I also have no problem with bandwagonners in general.

But make no mistake, this team represents Toronto first and foremost.

AngryScotsman

Feb 17, 2013
Northern Ontario
Just wondering what some of the residents in the GTA think of all the non GTA Jays fans with 0 ties to Toronto. I for one have no problem with the long time out of town jays fans, but all the people that jumped on the bandwagon, not so fond of. I believe the Jays should be Toronto's team. If the Leafs were in the Cup finals being only Canadian team left, we would not be called Canada's team. Should swing both ways.

For those that are ok with this,

I think the main problem is that it should be Toronto's team, not Canada's. Then I would have no problem with all bandwagoners.

I make the 8 hour trek from northern Ontario 3-4 times a year, but nope not my team I guess... not by your criteria.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Hope the people in this thread will accept leafs bandwagons (when they get good) as much as they're accepting jays bandwagoners

Of course not. Everyone is free to cheer on both the Leafs and the Jays. We're happy to have them all. How cool was that thread earlier this summer about where Leafs fans came from? New Zealand, Georgia, Finland, England... I don't know why anyone would have a problem with either fans from elsewhere or new fans.

Others already said it- the more the merrier.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
There are Blue Jays from coast to coast. I have a feeder in my back yard, noisy buggers. There are more maple leaves in the east though! Changing colors as I write this post!:sarcasm:

James Duthie

Kadri is 3 Hunna
May 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Every team gets their share of bandwagoners, being also a fan of basketball, it's incredible to see the amount of "die hard" Golden State Warrior fans when 6 years ago they were die hard Laker fans. Obviously for me I don't appreciate it when bandwagon fans start acting like they've been die hard fans since time. But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate people's new love for the team.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Every team gets their share of bandwagoners, being also a fan of basketball, it's incredible to see the amount of "die hard" Golden State Warrior fans when 6 years ago they were die hard Laker fans. Obviously for me I don't appreciate it when bandwagon fans start acting like they've been die hard fans since time. But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate people's new love for the team.

Why don't you appreciate bandwagon fans? How do you know how long a fan has been a fan? Is there a minimum required?

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Professional sports are meant to be fun and entertaining. Who cares if you want to jump on bandwagons or be a long-suffering martyr? I will be thrilled when people start hopping on the Leafs bandwagon so that we can talk about a common interest. Whether you watch two or 82 games a year, it's all meant to be fun, not a pissing contest.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Q: Are you annoyed with the Jays being Canada's team ?
A: No.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Blue jays Canada's team sure why not.
Oh and the Leafs are Canada's team, remember that song from a few of years ago. Don't know what all the fuss was about. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad