OT: Are you annoyed with the Jays being Canada's team

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I have more important things to worry about

Edit: OP is from Markham lol. I have an issue with anyone outside of Toronto liking the Jays :sarcasm:

Mad Brills*

u can bet ur life that if toronto was in the scf they would be labeled canada's team

and like 2011 every other candian fan would cheer against you

Really? Too many people hate the leafs for that to happen.

Hell, vancouver was hated within a week of that in 2011.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Just wondering what some of the residents in the GTA think of all the non GTA Jays fans with 0 ties to Toronto. I for one have no problem with the long time out of town jays fans, but all the people that jumped on the bandwagon, not so fond of. I believe the Jays should be Toronto's team. If the Leafs were in the Cup finals being only Canadian team left, we would not be called Canada's team. Should swing both ways.

For those that are ok with this,
Would you be ok if they were named The Canada Blue Jays?

I think the main problem is that it should be Toronto's team, not Canada's. Then I would have no problem with all bandwagoners.

You forget that they couldn't be named that when they joined the league. The Montreal Expos were also a Canadian team. They won't change the name now.

The Jays are marketed as Canada's team and considered as Canada's team, not just Toronto's team, by the Blue Jays themselves.

They are Canada's team, enough said.

CHRoNiCWiLL

Mar 17, 2010
GTA
You forget that they couldn't be named that when they joined the league. The Montreal Expos were also a Canadian team. They won't change the name now.

The Jays are marketed as Canada's team and considered as Canada's team, not just Toronto's team, by the Blue Jays themselves.

They are Canada's team, enough said.

Of course the name can change, remember the California Angels? What are they called now?

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
If there is an award for dumbest thread topic for the year I nominate this thread.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Of course the name can change, remember the California Angels? What are they called now?
There's a difference between having a location crisis like LAA and giving the prefix of "Canada" to what was the second of two Canadian teams at the time of the 1977 expansion. One is odd while the other is nonsensical. Even you should be able to see that.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I've been a fan longer than a Leaf fan but they are Canadas only team so..

It's different in hockey.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I just find it hilarious that all the other canadian fan bases on HF that bash the leafs then cheer for the TORONTO blue jays. Meanwhile they're calling Toronto a s***hole

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Why don't you appreciate bandwagon fans? How do you know how long a fan has been a fan? Is there a minimum required?
The issue is people who float from one team to another or just show up and care when teams are good. I don't really appreciate new Jays fans (who aren't kids) who have no idea who Roy Halladay was, and look at you like you were insane for cheering for the Phillies the year he pitched the no-hitter in the playoffs. I hope these people become long-term fans, but I am somewhat sceptical.

Last edited:

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Just wondering what some of the residents in the GTA think of all the non GTA Jays fans with 0 ties to Toronto. I for one have no problem with the long time out of town jays fans, but all the people that jumped on the bandwagon, not so fond of. I believe the Jays should be Toronto's team. If the Leafs were in the Cup finals being only Canadian team left, we would not be called Canada's team. Should swing both ways.

For those that are ok with this,
Would you be ok if they were named The Canada Blue Jays?

I think the main problem is that it should be Toronto's team, not Canada's. Then I would have no problem with all bandwagoners.

u mean Canada's winning team :yo::yo:

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Closing the thread because there's a consensus in the response. It says a lot about the thread when basically nobody agrees with the original poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad