Are we built for the playoffs ?

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
Habs will miss Emelin.

To believe after a disappointing loss that this team isn't capable of competing in the playoffs would be foolish (really wished someone filled in Kadri's face after his late and high hits).

Here's what happened tonight: Habs let in game-destroying 4 goals on 5 shots. Leafs change gears to: let's beat up the other team, we don't have to focus on scoring goals anymore!

bdawg1989*

We're getting there but not yet. Get rid of Gionta, DD and Moen and get Diaz/Emelin back.

bdawg1989*

Next year:
Ryder-Plek-Bourque
Gallagher-Eller/Galchenyuk-Pacioretty
Kristo-Eller/Galchenyuk-Collberg
Prust-Halpern/White-Armstrong

Subban-Gorges
Emelin-Markov
Diaz-Tinordi/Beaulieu

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Also, don't forget guys, it's year 1 of Bergevin. We're still "rebuilding". All of this, I'm sure, is unexpected for him.

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
I think we are built for the regular season and will have a hard time making noise in the playoffs, sadly. We're getting offense from the powerplay and refs keep their whistle in their pockets come playoffs time.

In the regular season Gallagher would draw penalties by crashing the net and getting abused but the reffing we saw tonight will be the same in the playoffs, so we won't gain an advantage off of that. We have a good team, speedy and skilled, but like it has been for years, we're still too small and soft. Thoughts ?

It depends who we play. If we play teams like the Leafs, Bruins or Flyers, we normally won't win. We can take the others in the East.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Playoffs?

After this latest Leaf loss, I fully expect a 1st round exit.

Not going to bother listing reasons why...

The regular season was quite enjoyable, though. :)

Can't believe MB extended DD without seeing him in the PO first.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Next year:
Ryder-Plek-Bourque
Gallagher-Eller/Galchenyuk-Pacioretty
Kristo-Eller/Galchenyuk-Collberg
Prust-Halpern/White-Armstrong

Subban-Gorges
Emelin-Markov
Diaz-Tinordi/Beaulieu
lol holy **** would we suck

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
Here's what happened tonight: Habs let in game-destroying 4 goals on 5 shots.

The book has been out on Montreal for a long time:

Forecheck their defence. Intimidate them. And they will fold quickly.

I believe this will change. But not this year.

Golf will be played soon :surrender

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
After this latest Leaf loss, I fully expect a 1st round exit.

The 6-0 shellacking was a foreshadowing of things to come. One can not simply brush-off last nights game with: "No big worry, we've already clinched a playoff spot".

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
regular season rules: maybe, depending on match ups
clutching and grabbing playoffs: ABSOLUTELY not

we're getting there, but they are going to have to make a decision on the likes of Diaz, Desharnais and Gionta + moen

Need more size in the top 6 and another banger on D

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
The book has been out on Montreal for a long time:

Forecheck their defence. Intimidate them. And they will fold quickly.

I believe this will change. But not this year.

Golf will be played soon :surrender

That's the book on any puck-possession team, genius. You know nothing of hockey, it'd be a better use of your time if you stared at static on screen for three hours than bother watching games.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
I'm optimistic going forward. I honestly believe that any team entering the playoffs have a chance of winning the cup equally to any other team. I mean, we've seen so much stuff happening specially since the lock out. Can't wait for them!

headliner

Feb 11, 2007
But to be fair, yes, the defense is much worse without Emelin. Hopefully Diaz comes back soon.

Yep. We're really going to miss Emelin in the playoffs....you can see it already. 20+ minutes of hard-hitting hockey is gone...and it can't be replaced--unless Tinordi has gone through tremendous development since he was sent down. But that's unlikely.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
which of our forwards can hit Kadri like he did to Gally and Eller?
White, Blunden & Prust.

There is a serious lack of will from Moen. He is a big part of the issue and he needs to wake-up or else sit-out.

Habtchum*

White, Blunden & Prust.

There is a serious lack of will from Moen. He is a big part of the issue and he needs to wake-up or else sit-out.

Wake up ? Moen is sleeping at the wheel since the very beginning of the season, 41 games ago. He just need to be sent in the Pressbox, now. Of course, he won't. He is a vet player with a FOUR year deal in his pocket. Worst Bergevin's moves so far.

Habtchum*

Yep. We're really going to miss Emelin in the playoffs....you can see it already. 20+ minutes of hard-hitting hockey is gone...and it can't be replaced--unless Tinordi has gone through tremendous development since he was sent down. But that's unlikely.

I dunno how it would be possible to get a big vet d-man who can hit on waivers or back from Europe (like Henry) ....

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
White, Blunden & Prust.

Moen should be gone after this season - he is a waste of space. Ryan White should be out there now and make a statement to that punk Kadri.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
One thing about playoffs that we have yet to see during the season...goaltending is a much bigger factor. Price has only been average this year, 2.36 GA good for 15th and .912 good for 22nd overall. He should be AT LEAST top 10 in both. I know Budaj gets easier starts but he also makes 5 mil less...2.16 GA and .918.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Not to belabor the point, but Bergevin should have gotten Clowe and Murray.

Toronto will outmuscle and wear down the Habs in a playoff series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad