Are we built for the playoffs ?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
@lshap: Did you see that as a result of intimidation, or are we simply off our game?

Actually Habs tried the bully/cheap shots style and it didnt go well. Rosehill and Simmonds were angels last night.

Rosehill and Simmonds angels? My sarcasm meter went off, but I think you're being totally serious. If so, that says to me that the Habs are mentally gassed and need to reboot. When the mood in the locker room is bad, the play on the ice will follow.

Better that it happen now then in two weeks. If Therrien is smart he'll give them some air and let them clear the cobwebs. Once this funk passes - and yeah, I'm calling it a funk - they'll start winning again.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I watched less than half the game last night. What I saw and heard (from the "&%$#@"s coming from my wife) suggested a total defensive breakdown. Did you see that as a result of intimidation, or are we simply off our game?

Flyers were intimidating and pounded our skill guys with abandon and without fear of retaliation or any one standing up.

Ryder on the 3rd line and filling in for White on the 4th line and getting very few minutes.

Beaulieu is an AHL DMan who looked rattled out there.

Drewiskie spent a lot of time on the bench for a reason.

Bourque is back to floating and is not in synch with Pleks.

Prust was out but he is now a 4th line player so that doesnt amount to as much as it would have.

Eller and Ryder are oil and water.

Price has no confidence now.

About it in a nutshell. And if the above holds true and does not change in the playoffs, it will be a short visit.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Depends on the matchup. I think we lose to Toronto/Boston entirely based on them being better at faceoffs. Every time Desharnais loses a faceoff the opposing team seems to get a scoring chance. We've lost multiple games in OT from it. Desharnais seems to fall frequently after he loses a faceoff or turns his back to the opposing team.

clarke19

Feb 1, 2008
Can we please just try the following lines and see how things go?

Ryder-Plek-Gally
Patch-Desh-Bork
Galch-Eller-Gionta
Moen-Halpern-Prust or White until he's healthy.

Ryder looked comfortable on the left when he played with Plek, and Bork played a lot of RW in CGY.

Keep Bouillon off Markov's pairing, call Tinordi up and play him there. Send Beaulieu back down.

I truly believe that top 6 will be effective. Gallagher deserves a step up in playing time with Plek and Ryder seems to mesh with him as well. You might argue that you lose the shutdown ability of Plekanec with that line, but I don't think Ryder is a slouch defensively, and that line would get some mad possession time. Worst case Ontario, use Eller for the shutdown minutes.

This team is deep enough to go far in the playoffs. They just need a shift right now as teams are catching on to the matchups, and the guys are getting too comfortable. When Diaz comes back, play him with Markov.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Can we please just try the following lines and see how things go?

Ryder-Plek-Gally
Patch-Desh-Bork
Galch-Eller-Gionta
Moen-Halpern-Prust or White until he's healthy.

Ryder looked comfortable on the left when he played with Plek, and Bork played a lot of RW in CGY.

Keep Bouillon off Markov's pairing, call Tinordi up and play him there. Send Beaulieu back down.

I truly believe that top 6 will be effective. Gallagher deserves a step up in playing time with Plek and Ryder seems to mesh with him as well. You might argue that you lose the shutdown ability of Plekanec with that line, but I don't think Ryder is a slouch defensively, and that line would get some mad possession time. Worst case Ontario, use Eller for the shutdown minutes.

This team is deep enough to go far in the playoffs. They just need a shift right now as teams are catching on to the matchups, and the guys are getting too comfortable. When Diaz comes back, play him with Markov.

Please don't insult Galchenyuk and Eller by giving them Brian Slap Shot from No Where Gionta.

clarke19

Feb 1, 2008
Please don't insult Galchenyuk and Eller by giving them Brian Slap Shot from No Where Gionta.

Galchenyuk and Eller are both puck possession players. Chances are they have the puck the majority of the time on that line. They might actually give Gionta the odd high percentage scoring opportunity..Imagine that..

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Galchenyuk and Eller are both puck possession players. Chances are they have the puck the majority of the time on that line. They might actually give Gionta the odd high percentage scoring opportunity..Imagine that..

Or he'll just crest a limp wristed slap-shot into the goalie. Whistle is blown. Offensive face-off so DD must come out.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
My guess is that we see Tinordi with the Habs once playoff time rolls around and we could see Tinordi and Diaz replace Drewiske and Beaulieu in the lineup. It might help but probably not enough to take us deep into the later rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad