Are there any young stars that you expect to regress or improve significantly this season?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Barzal - stay the same or slightly improve

Beauvillier and Pulock will improve tremendously.

30gs for Beau and I can see 15 Gs 40 As for Pulock
Hurts me saying this as a Ranger fan and someone who was never a Pulock fan (even before the Isles drafted him)

Pulock will be a stud.

Reactions: PuckItUp27

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
As much as i love Rantanen he's not a 55 assist guy. Odds are that'll come down a bit, MacKinnon probably isn't going to be beasting like he was last year to the same extent and that'll affect both players. So basically that duo will probably see some regression in terms of PPG.

Danton Heinen had ridiculous production in the 1st half last season considering he came out of nowhere to the big crowd at least (31 pts in 37 games til Jan 13th) and he's probably not going to play top 6 for the Bruins.

Also as good as Barzal is i feel like a lot went right for him offensively last year, maybe he'll come down a bit, wouldn't be the first time for a 2nd year player after a very successful first season.

Those are the guys that come to mind, but honestly, not a whole lot guys who i see coming down that much, and even the ones i mentioned could very well keep it up.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Brayden Point is going to have himself a season.

I think Drouin will do better this season, especially if he's played exclusively on the wing with some kind of offensive talent.

Reactions: Master P

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If Alex Tuch plays with Stastny and Pacioretty his numbers should spike. He seems to have developed his playmaking game a lot over the summer so if he can play with a finisher like Pacioretty, it would be great for Vegas. But if Gallant decides to keep Haula there cause he's been skating harder in preseason, Tuch will probably remain level. I don't see Carr and Eakin being fantastic finishers.

With Corey Perry out, Ondrej Kase is gonna see a more more expanded role with the Ducks and I expect him to have a huge season. People are only now familiar with the name but I don't think a lot of people have notice just how skilled he is. Best case scenario for him is playing wing with Getzlaf and Rakell.

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
Drouin playing on the wing should easily break the 60 points barrier for the first time. Maybe 70-75 if Kotkaniemi stick with the team all season
Victor Mete will also improve significantly. Maybe 30-35 points

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
If Alex Tuch plays with Stastny and Pacioretty his numbers should spike. He seems to have developed his playmaking game a lot over the summer so if he can play with a finisher like Pacioretty, it would be great for Vegas. But if Gallant decides to keep Haula there cause he's been skating harder in preseason, Tuch will probably remain level. I don't see Carr and Eakin being fantastic finishers.

With Corey Perry out, Ondrej Kase is gonna see a more more expanded role with the Ducks and I expect him to have a huge season. People are only now familiar with the name but I don't think a lot of people have notice just how skilled he is. Best case scenario for him is playing wing with Getzlaf and Rakell.
Good call on Tuch, I liked what I saw from him in the playoffs. Sounds like two really good teammates he could potentially have.

Reactions: HanSolo

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
We know First Overall Pick Nico Hischier can stick around and produce in the NHL, duh. 50 points a year over a career will keep you on a roster, but now for the next the next level... Look out.

Jesper Bratt, if he has greater stamina and strength and can apply his form from calendar year 2017 over a 82-game season, that'll be a big deal. He showed so much brilliance, was scoring more than Nico. He burned out in calendar year 2018, though.

Will Butcher has room for improvement and already shows how smart he is on the puck and anticipating where attacking forwards are gonna be. His shot is a sleeper, too.

Devils quietly gonna be a thing again this year. :crossfing

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Improve: Dunn, Dubois, Buchnevich

Regress: Barzal, Marner, hmmmm, someone on the higher end
I'd be surprised if Marner scores less this year than last considering the Leafs top-6.
Assuming a healthy season, I'll do a avatar bet with you if you'd like.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Mete will improve significantly this year. I'd bet at least 25 points over a full season, maybe more if he gets significant PP time

ABCUser

Mar 9, 2016
I think Barzal will take a step back simply because he doesn't have JT in front of him anymore.

I'd be surprised if Marner scores less this year than last considering the Leafs top-6.
Assuming a healthy season, I'll do a avatar bet with you if you'd like.

Agree on both. Barzal I'm thinking in the 70 to 75 points range. Tavares in the 90 - 95+ range. Tavares could easily break 100 points this year with the way Marner looks on his side. Best 1-2 punch in all of hockey right now, probably easily, and then factor in that power play.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Agree on both. Barzal I'm thinking in the 70 to 75 points range. Tavares in the 90 - 95+ range. Tavares could easily break 100 points this year with the way Marner looks on his side. Best 1-2 punch in all of hockey right now, probably easily, and then factor in that power play.

I said this before about Tavares but I expect his points 5 on 5 to increase but his time on ice to decrease, thus nulling eachother out

There was stuff he got away in New York that I don't see Babcock letting him get away with

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
I agree with a lot of what has been said here. I am curious, though... Would most of you guys pick Barzal over Rantanen on your team?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Malkin/Kessel disagrees with you (heavily).

Ovi/Kuznetsov

Monahan/Gaudreau

McDavid/Draisaitl (if it stays that way)

Giroux/Vorachek

Wheeler/Schiefele

Kuch/Stamkos

Mackinnon/Rantannen

Bergeron/Marchand

Yet somehow Tavares/Marner are "easily" the best combo

:laugh: ohhh Leaf fans

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad