Speculation: Are the Vancouver Canucks going to Take Another Run at PK Subban

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Just some quick facts

1) Draft week 2016 - Jim Elmer Benning gets fined $10,000 for saying he plan to call the Montreal GM to see what needed to happen to secure the services of P K Subban.

2) Commong Knowledge that if PL Dubois made it to #5 instead of #3 that the Canucks would trade the #5 pick to Monteal for PK Subban

so he is available again and Benning is a desperate man and he will do what ever it take to get the Canucks to the playoffs in order to keep his job - 2020 - 1st round pick in play for sure

NHL Trade Rumors: 3 teams who should trade for PK Subban

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I don’t think it’s going to happen whatsoever, but I absolutely do think it’s possible and could happen.
I agree with the jumbo is trying to save his job

Reactions: lindgren

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
God I hope not. Not opposed to Subban added but not at the price tag it would require. Would much rather roll the dice on Karlsson in free agency to fill that position:

Edler-EK
Hughes-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher
Schenn/Biega/Juolevi

As for the trades in the article I don't like either. Horvat is absolutely a non starter for me. And in the 2nd one I do not trust that even with Subban in the mix that JB has the capacity to make this roster into a playoff team. Much rather wait and see if we can somehow land EK65 and failing that it's a guarantee that JB loses his job after next year with that porous blue line.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Just some quick facts

1) Draft week 2016 - Jim Elmer Benning gets fined $10,000 for saying he plan to call the Montreal GM to see what needed to happen to secure the services of P K Subban.

2) Commong Knowledge that if PL Dubois made it to #5 instead of #3 that the Canucks would trade the #5 pick to Monteal for PK Subban

so he is available again and Benning is a desperate man and he will do what ever it take to get the Canucks to the playoffs in order to keep his job - 2020 - 1st round pick in play for sure

NHL Trade Rumors: 3 teams who should trade for PK Subban
Crazy crazy crazy talk. We aren’t trading our 2020 lottery pick or Horvat for a 30 year old on the decline. Yes, benning is likely very desperate, but Aquilini won’t sign off on this. Now if the target was 22-25, I wouldn’t be shocked if we moved the pick

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
3 more years at 9 mil..they have the cap space to get it done and we know they were close to making a trade for him a few years back, I do think Jimbo is poised to be agressive this summer to try to make the playoffs next season, we shall see

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
It might make sense if they did the precursor trades that Botch suggested but dipping into our own assets, when we don't have many to begin with, is a no go.

(For the record, Botch suggested taking on a bad contract such as Neal, while receiving picks and potentially a player like Dube along with him. Then turning around and moving that return to Nashville for Subban.)

Reactions: lindgren

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
I would be for the deal but only if it does not include
Boeser
EP
Horvat
Hughes
2019 1st
2020 1st

So I don’t know what assets we actually have to trade that wouldn’t have people up in arms about it.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I'm ok with 2020 first being expendable, Canucks should show an improvement next season.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
I would be for the deal but only if it does not include
Boeser
EP
Horvat
Hughes
2019 1st
2020 1st

So I don’t know what assets we actually have to trade that wouldn’t have people up in arms about it.
Agreed. He has 3 more years at $9 million, the less Nashville has to retain the price tag comes down

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Lol at the offers in the link. Juolevi and the 2020 1st for Subban and his full cap hit would be a steal for us.

Reactions: Cogburn

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
This is a great opportunity to buy low on Subban. He is probably going to turn it around next year and Nashville's insane depth on blue line makes him expendable.

Problem is we have nothing valuable that we can afford to trade at all. Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Horvat, and our 1sts should be untouchable, but any PK trade likely has at least one of those assets.

Can't see a deal that works for both teams

Reactions: Steely Van

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
They'd be crazy to expend assets acquiring a d-man like Subban....if Jimbo wants to blow his brains out acquiring another d-man, he'd be better off just throwing more money at Myers or Karlsson as UFA's.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
With Benning, please no.

Since the Hamilton Boston to Calgary trade I have been against multiple young assets moved for any players. Now is no different. Is Subban could be be had for some less than desirables going the other way, then sure, things could be talked about,

Acquisition cost aside, Subban would be huge for this defense. Term isn't a killer, just wouldn't give much for him.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
As if the Canucks can afford to part with anything Nashville would want in return.

And is there anything anywhere besides that one stupid article by Corey Hirsch that indicates that Nashville is open to moving Subban? Anything?

Also, has anyone considered what his little bro might have had to say about the way the Canucks do business and handle their players?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
As if the Canucks can afford to part with anything Nashville would want in return.

And is there anything anywhere besides that one stupid article by Corey Hirsch that indicates that Nashville is open to moving Subban? Anything?

Also, has anyone considered what his little bro might have had to say about the way the Canucks do business and handle their players?

Well the expectation is that Nashville needs to make changes and Subban and his $9M AAV is one of the more desirable choices among Predators' fans after the season he he just had.

I think Subban has either physically declined or not as dedicated to his craft as before. I rather the Canucks take a run at Karlsson instead.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Smartest move

Trade expendables for Subban, he is a salary pig but his term is favourable, still a very good defenseman and wouldn’t hurt us in any way

Extra smart move

Trade Subban at the deadline in one of the subsequent years, maybe 3rd year of contract for an equal if not better return

Stupidly smart move that makes all previous moves null and void and lands Benning a statue outside Rogers

The movie looper is real and an older dimmer Jimbo comes from the future and shoots Jim with a blunderbuss, we use the gold to resign Hughes and Byram and have the best top line of defence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad