Are the Leafs Tough Enough for Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
When Refs allow the other team to take headshots at your team it doesn't matter how tough your team is.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
This thread after ONE game....wow!
Maybe if we didn't get a new "no doubt" the Leafs are ..... After every time one of their players goes on a hot streak the rest of the board wouldn't feel the need to gloat.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
It's a very different game come the playoffs. Until we see proof that this has changed, answer's still no.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
You do need to defense to compete, but I said nothing about competing. I'm talking about adapting which you can do with whom ever the personal.

And thatsbwhst I'm referring to
The lack of defense would be a challenge to adapt

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The leafs had like 5 major penalties called against them tonight in a chippy game with Boston and they still got spanked. "Toughness" is overrated, Leafs lost because they were outworked and a couple of extra goons on the ice wouldn't have helped them.

Goons would help prevent them from getting hurt, but they would hardly help them win. They didn't win because they played their worst game of the season.

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
Yes.

I'd rather have a skilled team than a team like Boston.

I'll pass on the goons.

Boston isn't a goon team and haven't been one since 2014. They just know how to take advantage of the Leafs weak team D. I'm sure Tampa would do the same considering they completely humiliated the bruins last year. Skill is fine but good teams know how to mix it in with some toughness.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
That team just dominated the Leafs and also knocked them out of the playoffs last year. Lol
That team won one game in December, and barely won in the last period of game 7 last year against a significantly weaker version of the current Leafs, and it had nothing to do with toughness.

And now Boston's goon is about to get suspended for a stupid, dirty play, which is all goons do in today's NHL.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
Hyman won his fight
Kadri won his fight

Hyman obliterated whatever defenceman that was

Wagner skated off scared of Rielly

You’re totally right

Next time Hyman will get destroyed by Miller or Chara and “whatever defenman that was” will watch...

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Leafs are tough as hell when they realize Chara and Miller aren’t there. Honestly, the most famous thing the Leafs have been involved in since 2000 might be Chara grabbing McCabe like a doll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad