Are the Ducks the new favorite?

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I wouldn't call them favourites, but teams that win cups are typically really strong at centre. Getzlaf/Kesler is arguably the 2nd best duo left in the playoffs and no worse than 3rd.

Also, their defense is probably the best when you look at it as a whole unit relative to the other teams.

In summary, they got a shot, but not the best shot.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Well not after tonight lol. That was a good old fashion ass-whooping

There's a special phrase for that kind of ass-whipping.

It's called an Anaheim Ducks Game 6.

In all seriousness though, I still think Anaheim takes this series (and finally gets the Game 7 monkey off their backs), but I honestly don't give them much chance against Nashville.

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
I expect game 7 will be a completely different story.

I do however think the Oilers confidence after this game will put them over the Ducks especially if they can't contain both Draisatl and Mcdavid.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
There's a special phrase for that kind of ass-whipping.

It's called an Anaheim Ducks Game 6.

In all seriousness though, I still think Anaheim takes this series (and finally gets the Game 7 monkey off their backs), but I honestly don't give them much chance against Nashville.

Yea I am undecided on who takes this series, but I'm also leaning ducks. But its close to 50/50. And I completely agree on nashville, they are in the zone right now

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I'm kinda worried the Oilers ass-whooped the Ducks too hard so now they'll come out angry next game

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Pittsburgh
Nashville
Anaheim

Washington

PITs game-breakers make it hard to vote against them, but the way they've essentially been shelled with attempts and chances through much of the playoffs thus far.... I think NSH could handle them.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
The better team will win this series. Oilers will dominate and avenge the last game by winning at home.
Then game 7 in Anaheim will be an Oilers win as well.

The **** reffing this past two games woke up the Oilers and we aren't a fun team when angry. Watch and see.

So far pretty good prediction on my behalf. Hopefully part two comes true Wednesday night.
Gonna be one hell of a game.
Let's go Oilers!!!!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I'm curious what the Preds will look like when Rinne's save percentage comes back to earth. A .951 save % doesn't really seem sustainable to me

I am pretty sure that somebody said that after Round 1. Okay, I will settle for .930.

Rinne leads in all stats cats for goalies. I like the 1.37 GAA average over 10 games. The two assists look pretty good.

Cam Talbot has good stats.

I am having problems finding John Gibson's stats, besides the 6 wins.

No, the Ducks don't look like the favorite to me at the moment.

Last edited:

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I wouldn't call them favourites, but teams that win cups are typically really strong at centre. Getzlaf/Kesler is arguably the 2nd best duo left in the playoffs and no worse than 3rd.

Also, their defense is probably the best when you look at it as a whole unit relative to the other teams.

In summary, they got a shot, but not the best shot.

Their bottom pairing is better than Nashville's AINEC, but otherwise I disagree with you on defense. Sure you CAN argue that from a pure defensive standpoint their defense is better than Nashville's as Lindholm and Manson is better than every player on the Preds defensively, but Ekholm and Ellis is definitely better defensively than Fowler and Vatanen.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
I am pretty sure that somebody said that after Round 1. Okay, I will settle for .930.

Rinne leads in all stats cats for goalies. I like the 1.37 GAA average over 10 games. The two assists look pretty good.

:laugh:

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

What people don't realize is Rinne has hindered his save percentage to a degree with his elite puck moving and puck freezing. GAA is more team stat than Sv% is, but in Rinne's case he's actually improving his GAA by hindering his Sv% with his puck skills.

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
Why would the Ducks ever be a favourite? Every team remaining has at least one major advantage over them.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I feel this is the Ducks best chance at the cup for the next few years with Getzlaf and Perry beginning their decline and no gamebreaking forwards ready to step in. Lots of young good D and forward prospects but not immediate contributors.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
I feel this is the Ducks best chance at the cup for the next few years with Getzlaf and Perry beginning their decline and no gamebreaking forwards ready to step in. Lots of young good D and forward prospects but not immediate contributors.

I agree. I think we're at the end of the three california teams dominating the Pacific for a while.

I think Ducks take this game 7 though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad