Are the Ducks the new favorite?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It is Kesler's destiny to win the Stanley Cup.

If anything, the pattern of late suggests that the team who beats Ryan Kesler has a higher than average chance of winning the Stanley Cup...

2010 - Chicago
2011 - Boston
2012 - LA
2013 - San Jose
2014 - LA
2015 - Chicago
2016 - Nashville

Oops, sorry, thought he was on ANA in 2014, he was still in Van.

Last edited:

vavera4ka

Quack! Quack!
Dec 27, 2014
twitter.com
They played awful 90% of the first three periods - i think not.

Pitt is going to win we all know it.

We are talking the 1st game of the series right? Cause we can't possibly be talking about 1st period of game 5 where Ducks absolutely dominated Oilers in all aspects except the score. Almost full PP in the O-zone. Denied entry for entire PK. Getzlaf toying with them at will.
I'll give you 2nd period of last game. Heck, I'll give you 2nd period of almost every game for the past few years lol THAT you actually get used to after some times. You still hate it but it doesn't kill you as much (maybe we're all half dead lol)

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
Poor Ducks fans lol, you guys had the easiest matchup in the first round, and are about to defeat a team that haven't made the playoffs in like 10 years, while Pittsburgh had the toughest road so far in the playoffs.

Wtf does the fact that they haven't made the playoffs in years have to do with the fact that they are an extremely talented team with a ton of potential? Literally absolutely nothing, only this year matters.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
Preds seem to find ways to beat the ducks. I don't like that match up. Pens WILL beat the ducks for sure if both teams are there.

That being said, we still have the whole game 6/7 death trap coming up.... We ducks fans are emotionally prepared for it.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Preds seem to find ways to beat the ducks. I don't like that match up. Pens WILL beat the ducks for sure if both teams are there.

That being said, we still have the whole game 6/7 death trap coming up.... We ducks fans are emotionally prepared for it.

I'd agree the Preds have had the Ducks' number. But i'm sure Carlyle would help this go around.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Are they for real? Three straight wins, and will likely make it four in a row soon. They look unbeatable. Can they be stopped?

Because they're up against an inexperienced team that has surprised many by making it this far?

Sure. :laugh:

wandk128

Oct 14, 2008
Is the OP really already giving Anaheim game 6? I'll take EDM at 3-1 for up to $1000

Sticky2

May 2, 2017
How exactly aren't the Ducks the favorite? The league is conspiring to put them in finals because they desperately don't want to see McJesus and Crosby.

Marketing stars to exploit ad revenue just doesn't make sense. The Ducks do though.

Also, jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

mintmint

May 6, 2017
Ducks fave? Lol come on. Wash, Pitt and Preds are all better. The Rangers and Sens are no slouches either.

They should have put away the Oilers by now if they were a "cup favorite" caliber team.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Assuming they win next game, they are def the favorites in the West and since Crosby looks back to normal already, I would say underdogs to them.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
The favorite is still the winner of was/pit. They are the two best teams and their conference final will be much easier than the western final.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
They're only in it because the Oilers have coughed up several leads, on top of coughing the lead back immediately after recovering from a 3 goal deficit. They spend half of every game looking like ****.

Every remaining team in the playoffs has looked better than Anaheim and Edmonton, who both look like they deserve to lose.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
They're only in it because the Oilers have coughed up several leads, on top of coughing the lead back immediately after recovering from a 3 goal deficit. They spend half of every game looking like ****.

Every remaining team in the playoffs has looked better than Anaheim and Edmonton, who both look like they deserve to lose.

Ah, there's those sour grapes I clicked on here to sample ..

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
We were a competent video review away from Edmonton pushing them to the brink, so no.

Ya. Its unfortunate how things have been working out for the Oilers and their fans. Perhaps the pendulum will swing the other way and they will catch a break before the series ends.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Any team that needs a string of controversial video reviews go wrongly in their favor to prevent elimination can't seriously be viewed as any kind of favorite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad