Are the Ducks the new favorite?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Nah, it's still the Penguins. The Ducks very well could be the west favorites though, a Predators-Ducks series would be great.

PensFever71

Apr 7, 2008
Pittsburgh
Are they for real? Three straight wins, and will likely make it four in a row soon. They look unbeatable. Can they be stopped?

Only by a speeding meteor.

But honestly, I thought the Ducks would come out of the west. The Oilers have looked great and Nashville has been playing some unreal hockey, but something inside me keeps saying Anaheim.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Nope. Preds are still the team to beat in West, not to mention that Ducks are still anything but done with Oilers. See "Game 7 Curse" in Webster's or OED. Also, if Sid can come back, Pens are a clear overall favorite to repeat. If not, it's a much more level playing field.

Pools Closed*

Dec 1, 2010
If the refs keep gifting them games I'm sure they'll have no issue winning the cup. If they have to play on a level playing field they'll get swept by the Preds.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Gibson doesn't inspire faith in me. He's been terrible this series. Hell if the Ducks have Talbot and the Oilers Gibson this is probably a sweep/over in 5.

Ducks are a great team though otherwise and very deep top to bottom.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
In the West I'd say yes.

Overall though, if Crosby is playing then no. The Pens have more than one good line which means the Ducks won't be able to smother them like the Oilers.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
No the Preds will eat them alive if they win one of the next two games. That Nashville blueline scares the **** out of me.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
With competent video review, Oilers would have won the series last night 4 games to 1.

Let that sink in before you claim Anaheim as an unstoppable juggernaut.

Guaruntee you wont be getting those calls against Pittsburgh.

Hazu*

Sep 25, 2011
Poor Ducks fans lol, you guys had the easiest matchup in the first round, and are about to defeat a team that haven't made the playoffs in like 10 years, while Pittsburgh had the toughest road so far in the playoffs.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
With competent video review, Oilers would have won the series last night 4 games to 1.

Let that sink in before you claim Anaheim as an unstoppable juggernaut.

Guaruntee you wont be getting those calls against Pittsburgh.

Or Nashville....

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Poor Ducks fans lol, you guys had the easiest matchup in the first round, and are about to defeat a team that haven't made the playoffs in like 10 years, while Pittsburgh had the toughest road so far in the playoffs.

Unbelievable. We're being (rightfully) modest about our chances against Nashville and now even that's a bad thing?
:help:

illpucks

May 26, 2011

Facing the Capitals in the playoffs isn't a tough road...

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

You play the regular season, and you earn what ever seeding you get... ducks played Calgary without 2 of their top 3 dmen, and started vs Edmonton w/o vatanen. You are clearly taking away from the oilers/flames as they both earned their spots also, you play who you get set up with.. and try to win then you play the next team, its not easy for any one.

Hazu*

Sep 25, 2011
You play the regular season, and you earn what ever seeding you get... ducks played Calgary without 2 of their top 3 dmen, and started vs Edmonton w/o vatanen. You are clearly taking away from the oilers/flames as they both earned their spots also, you play who you get set up with.. and try to win then you play the next team, its not easy for any one.

That's cute!

My Pens are crushing the best team in the league withtout Murray, Letang and Crosby for almost 2 games.

Both Pittsburgh and Nashville had tough roads in the playoffs, Anaheim had the easiest one.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That's cute!

My Pens are crushing the best team in the league withtout Murray, Letang and Crosby for almost 2 games.

Both Pittsburgh and Nashville had tough roads in the playoffs, Anaheim had the easiest one.

I'm so happy for you.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That's cute!

And that is Anaheim's fault because? We will still have to go through Nashville or pitt eventually if we beat the oilers, so why not wait to see how we do vs them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad