Are the Ducks the new favorite?

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I agree. I think we're at the end of the three california teams dominating the Pacific for a while.

I think Ducks take this game 7 though.

I think they will have a shot next year if they are willing to move some of their prospects, but I know they won't do that.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
With eaves out most likely for the rest of playoffs the Ducks are just a two line team. The second line silfverberg is the only one who scoring kes and cogs are gone. Bottom six are both inexperienced energy lines

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
I'm kinda worried the Oilers ass-whooped the Ducks too hard so now they'll come out angry next game

Except the Ducks don't operate like that for some reason. They don't play desperate to close out series. They just take it easy because they know they're a good team and assume things will go well for them in the end. It never does.

Having been to all of their four recent Game 7 losses, I'm incredibly jaded. But I really don't think we match up well against Edmonton, and I said so before the series. I'm hopeful we win but I feel very strongly that we wont.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Not new at all, I had the Ducks as the favorites this whole time. Ducks were, are now and will continue to be the favorites all through the playoffs. They got this thing.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Except the Ducks don't operate like that for some reason. They don't play desperate to close out series. They just take it easy because they know they're a good team and assume things will go well for them in the end. It never does.

Having been to all of their four recent Game 7 losses, I'm incredibly jaded. But I really don't think we match up well against Edmonton, and I said so before the series. I'm hopeful we win but I feel very strongly that we wont.

I feel that other than Game 6, the Ducks have outplayed the Oilers. I'm pretty sure the Ducks are gonna lay down a beating in Game 7. Fifth time has to be the charm, right? They have a different head coach this time around and some different supporting players from last years; it's not the same team that failed before.

Either way, the team that wins gets steamrolled by the Preds. They have the ingredients right now for a Cup win: hot goalie and a strong defence. Their only weak spot is possibly production from their forwards.

SSJ3 Lunar

WWE made me jaded
Nov 2, 2010
Atlanta
Either way, the team that wins gets steamrolled by the Preds. They have the ingredients right now for a Cup win: hot goalie and a strong defence. Their only weak spot is possibly production from their forwards.

I mean the Blues definitely have a better D core than Anaheim and especially Edmonton no offence, Talbot is what worries me. I actually want Edmonton to win tonight, would be a great series to watch EDM - NSH that is.

PumpkinBombX

Jan 29, 2009
I feel that other than Game 6, the Ducks have outplayed the Oilers. I'm pretty sure the Ducks are gonna lay down a beating in Game 7. Fifth time has to be the charm, right? They have a different head coach this time around and some different supporting players from last years; it's not the same team that failed before.

Game 1: oilers outplayed the ducks 2/3 periods.
Game 2: ducks outplayed oilers 2/3 periods but actual scoring chances were even
Game 3: ducks outplayed Edmonton 2/3 periods
Game 4: oilers outplayed ducks 2/3 periods
Game 5: oilers out played ducks 2.9/3 periods
Game 6: oilers outplayed the ducks 3/3 periods.

Oilers have outplayed the ducks but it's close.
With Gibson in net the ducks need at least 4 to win, which is entirely possible. if any fan actually thinks there team will win they are lying to themselves, same with anyone thinking their team will lose. You can't even say "if both teams play their best x will happen" because it pretty clearly hasn't happened yet so you have nothing to base that off of.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Are they for real? Three straight wins, and will likely make it four in a row soon. They look unbeatable. Can they be stopped?
would you mind starting a new thread please? Thats if Ducks fans haven't found you yet :laugh:

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
I think this will become more understood by the eastern media as they see more of the earlier time zone games. Much of the hockey world has been oblivious to how dominant the Ducks are but watch them start to figure it out now. A little late but they'll pretend they knew all along.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Their bottom pairing is better than Nashville's AINEC, but otherwise I disagree with you on defense. Sure you CAN argue that from a pure defensive standpoint their defense is better than Nashville's as Lindholm and Manson is better than every player on the Preds defensively, but Ekholm and Ellis is definitely better defensively than Fowler and Vatanen.

I'm not even arguing that their defence is stronger than nashville's. Nashville's top 4 is the most dynamic in the league and that alone makes me want their defensive unit over anyone.

But there is also something to be said about the balance that the ducks have from the first pairing to their depth guys. It's a strength for the ducks, but I didn't mean to say that I would take that unit over nashville's. (Also, I made this comment when the ducks were playing Edmonton for context).

Now, when we look at the centre situation, I'd take Anaheim over Nashville in a heartbeat in terms of the quality on the top end, AND in terms of overall depth.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
Still think the Pens and Preds are the teams to beat, but the Ducks and Sens are not going down easy.

It's insane to hear people who aren't interested in these four teams playing each other right now. All four look good. I wouldn't be surprised at two seven game conference finals (much to my lack of excitement for that as a Ducks fan), and a seven game cup finals. I wouldn't be surprised at any of them winning it all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad