Are MacT/Eakins trying to tank for McDavid?

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
IIRC I think they changed teh lottery where each pick of the out of playoff teams gets a random draw. For example if you are in last place and lose the 1st pick you are not gauranteed the second pick.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

This comes into effect for the 2016 NHL Entry draft.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
Eakins isn't tanking. The organization might be by continuing to keep him employed in his current position.

It is too bad they finally figured out that teams tank for high picks.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
McDavid no, but I worry that one of the American kids(Eichel/Hanifin) would just stay in school and exploit the loophole to get the hell out of Edmonton.

McDavid could stay in the OHl, not sign, then re-enter the draft in 2 years, OR play in the KHL for FAR more money than he can make on an entry level NHL deal THEN come back rich in a couple years as a UFA.

The two US guys would definitely bail on coming - lots of better options.

Who would want to play in this organization???

TheGuyInTheChair

Sep 21, 2014
Think about it guys. MacT never got to draft one of our first overalls. He's jealous. And this is his turn to draft the greatest first overall since Crosby.

Connor Mcdavey*

If we were to get McJesus, that would be the sole player we build around. Trading Hall, Eberle/Yakupov and other scraps for bonified support players. (Lucic, Weber, type of returns). Roll with

Lucic McJesus Yakupov
Perron RNH Purcell
Pouliout Draisatl x
hendricks gordon x

Weber Schultz
Petry Marincin
Nurse x

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
hwvtR2Z.gif

Just not good at what they do.

EnthusiasticYak

Mar 7, 2014
If we were to get McJesus, that would be the sole player we build around. Trading Hall, Eberle/Yakupov and other scraps for bonified support players. (Lucic, Weber, type of returns). Roll with

Lucic McJesus Yakupov
Perron RNH Purcell
Pouliout Draisatl x
hendricks gordon x

Weber Schultz
Petry Marincin
Nurse x

Lucic is not the right return, there's a lot of people saying he has regressed.

In the case that the Oilers get McDavid, the right move would be to look at moving RNH and not Hall. To a lesser extent the same applies to Eichel, but it would have to be evaluated as to whether Eichel>RNH.

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
They're not trying to tank. If they were, we'd be winning.

That's how bad they are at what they do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad