Are Jay Feaster's comments on Jankowski finally coming to fruition?

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
For how much crap Jankowski has taken from now and the time he was drafted 5 years ago through no fault of his own, guy deserves a thread to praise his fine play. He’s still raw and has weight to add to his frame, but guy is gonna be a really good player at some point in his career.

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton
He's not being proved right in the sense of "best player in the draft". but he is being proved right in the sense that the kid is an NHL talent.

Reactions: Skobel24

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
He's not being proved right in the sense of "best player in the draft". but he is being proved right in the sense that the kid is an NHL talent.

Agreed. Credit to Feaster/Weisbrod for seeing something in him, but he's nowhere near the best player from the draft.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
People should really let go of the whole "best player" deal. I mean, how many #21st overall picks end up as the best player in a draft? Never probably. It's what one guy said and who knows how serious he was being. Feaster shouldn't have said obviously because it set unfair expectations on the kid and there is areason Feaster is not a GM in the NHL anymore. So give it up people, fact is, guy is a skilled big guy who can skate, shoot hard and has soft touch around the net. I will take that at #21 in a weak draft.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Best player from that draft? Sure. If you don't include Lindholm,Rielly,Forsberg,Vasilevsky,Trouba,Dumba,Ceci,Hertl,Skjei,Lindell,Gostisbehere,Murray,Parayko,Andersen,Slavin,Brown...need I go on?

Come on, those two cherry picked NHL games have clearly catapulted him past all those guys. It's not even up for debate.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
People should really let go of the whole "best player" deal. I mean, how many #21st overall picks end up as the best player in a draft? Never probably. It's what one guy said and who knows how serious he was being. Feaster shouldn't have said obviously because it set unfair expectations on the kid and there is areason Feaster is not a GM in the NHL anymore. So give it up people, fact is, guy is a skilled big guy who can skate, shoot hard and has soft touch around the net. I will take that at #21 in a weak draft.

People would if there weren't posters saying he's on his way to being one of the best (or in OKG's mind GOAT). It's pretty clear he's going to stick in the NHL, but that's not what the OP asked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad