The Star: Are extreme sports diets a fad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Mastuhninks, I can argue with you till I am blue and white in the face, but there is a lot of fact, not truth to what you say.

So I am not going to debate it. My SALIENT point is this, if I have a technological protocol that takes what you believe in, and cleans it up to the point that my samsung sized device declares that you went from 600 poisons down to 0 poisons, can you at least bend to my way of thinking, that best is superior to good?

And its scientifically proveable? Well yes, I would think that you would have to.

I have told Leaf fans on other sports boards that we had crap management and crap coaching and I was villified. Can you agree that a average to mediocre lineup is wowing us leaf fans with serious hope for the future. No I don't think you can.

I am not interested in debate, lets agree on what you said, but if you can take a huge volume of food and make it pristine is that crazy or just good health management?

MastuhNinks

Apr 30, 2011
The Iron Throne
Why demand scientific proof when you so clearly deny its power? Anybody that chalks up human life expectancy to God's design is blatantly ignoring the impact advances in science have on our quality and length of life.

Your question makes no sense and doesn't warrant an answer.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Well there are some that just well, think they way they are going to think. Peace. Your post as well doesn't warrant much of a reply, but in the spirit of HF, lets just leave it at that.

I appreciate that you have been fairly respectful and have only said what you have said, I will as well.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
"there is a lot of fact, not truth to what you say" lol

Facts for the most part are created by those that rule. But its a fact, that they create fact. And its from kindergarten on. So who am I to try and run through that wall.

Anyone who comes to me with a technology that is 50 years ahead of what is out there, I coach like a Babcock. I tell them, if they think their product is going to go viral, they are out of their minds. In fact, in a lot of cases I tell them to dumb down the product or I cannot even represent them.

What is very interesting is that "they" have allowed us smartphones which are really cool and advanced. But if you look at everything else like cars, oil, plastic, food etc.. Its still very, very prehistoric, but we have our lipstick, the smart phones, so the PIG looks quite attractive. My hat is off to them, they print the money and they are pretty good at protecting the printing press machinery.

No let me rephrase that they are phenomenal at protecting it.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
When I was a pro athlete which was a long time ago, I ate horribly. Worse than most. Most people don't start caring about diet till its almost too late. I was the worst of the worst.

Again, with my protocol it allows us to eat what we really want to eat. I want to eat pasta and pizza. I just love them. No way am I eating like Tom Brady. I suspect his wife who was, and is a model controls that household protocol. Fiercely. Take one look at her face, scary, I think poor Tom is only the qb outside the house. Lols.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Our excellent defensemans story about Heroe burgers was a classic, reminded me of the old days. When we were given a per diem of 30 dollars a day for food, we would gorge ourselves on McDonald's. Given that we practised and played three hours a day almost all of us had bodies women died for, but imagine if we "cleaned" that food up?

Would we have performed better? My bet is on yes. A lot better.

Poor old Dr Oz whom I now respect greatly for his try at what I believe to be truth and evolution is now just back to eat veggies cut out grease etc... But my hat is off, he put his stones on the line.

The truth in 2016? Its what the
first 15 pages of GOOGLE allows you to say. And if its a hot topic, a flea telling the truth is on page 46.... So easy to manipulate "fact" now, more than ever.

Its all about protecting your investment.

Last edited:

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
funny people think athletes eat healthy every meal

Yup. Genetic freaks can get away with a bad diet. Lots of genetic freaks in all lines of professional sports.

There's being a genetic freak, and there's also the other thing that I could mention that has to do with athletes not having to eat healthy, but I would get banned for it :laugh:

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
:laugh: It has got nothing to do with God and everything to do with science and medicine. That spooky boogeyman that you think is poisoning your food. If God's incredible design was the reason humans live so long we would have always lived that long and that's even close to being the case. There is a very clear correlation between the emergence of modern medicine and breakthroughs in science and the growth of human life expectancy.
life_expectancy2.jpg

Worth keeping in mind that most of the change in life expectancy vs a century or more ago is due to decreased infant mortality. Even hundreds of years ago, if you made it to say age 10 and ignoring wars and infectious disease epidemics, life expectancy wasn't terrible. But you're absolutely right that science and modern medicine have done a lot.

All of the anti-GMO activism out there is particularly annoying. That is just pure anti-intellectual, anti-science nonsense -- and just as stupid as anti-vaccers if not as harmful. Humans have been creating GMO crops for over 10,000 years, since before we knew what a gene was. Without GMO food we wouldn't be able to support the world's current population.

To those who say all diets are a fad, certainly many of them are, such as the gluten free trend (for non celiacs). But there is proper science now supporting the harm that sugar does to our bodies. Especially sources of fructose whose uptake isn't moderated by fiber, i.e. added sugar and fruit juice, but also heavy starches that cause insulin spikes. Brady's diet is absolutely backed by legitimate science.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
First world problems. Some spurious docs get on Netflix and now people buy into the conspiracy theories of some people who may actually be insane. All I suggest is reading some literature on this subject matter that doesn't reinforce your current position on it. Actually do that on any subject.

Pesticides and herbicides and genetically modifying organisms are the only reason the earth's population isn't starving right now. And the only reason why the earth will hopefully be able to support double its current population in the future. If we were using the crops and techniques of 50 years ago, places like India would be in a deficit for food instead of exporting wheat and other foods. These foods are demonstrably fine for the general population as the average lifespan continues to rise.

Doubt we will support 2x the current population. Exponential growth doesn't support that at all. We are a stones throw away from limiting how many kids we can have.

(Population doubles every 40yrs or so)

Regarding food, grow or raise your own if you want to eat "clean". It really doesn't matter what you buy these days. The body is pretty good at filtering crap out of the system. Not only that, you have the constant leak of Rads from Fukishima in the system and industrial chemicals in the waters.

Sports diets. Get to know farmers locally and around where you live and make a deal for specially fed foods. Chicken, Turkey, Fish. If your veggies taste like Soil a bit, you have a good product.

To expand on that. Wild Game would be the best. Real organic food takes some getting use to. No microwave.

Last edited:

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Test your farmers food or test your grocery market food, it is now possible. Course its a disruptive technology, big time. But now its out there, sort of. Device is as small as an IPHONE and in one nanosecond, you know what you are consuming.

Only pure food we ever tested was just reg food from one grocery chain in Toronto, had to be a fluke, it was perfect. Wasn't organic.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Test your farmers food or test your grocery market food, it is now possible. Course its a disruptive technology, big time. But now its out there, sort of. Device is as small as an IPHONE and in one nanosecond, you know what you are consuming.

Only pure food we ever tested was just reg food from one grocery chain in Toronto, had to be a fluke, it was perfect. Wasn't organic.

No idea what kind of technology can perform lab type testing in seconds. Sounds like snake oil.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Doubt we will support 2x the current population. Exponential growth doesn't support that at all. We are a stones throw away from limiting how many kids we can have.

(Population doubles every 40yrs or so)

Regarding food, grow or raise your own if you want to eat "clean". It really doesn't matter what you buy these days. The body is pretty good at filtering crap out of the system. Not only that, you have the constant leak of Rads from Fukishima in the system and industrial chemicals in the waters.

Sports diets. Get to know farmers locally and around where you live and make a deal for specially fed foods. Chicken, Turkey, Fish. If your veggies taste like Soil a bit, you have a good product.

To expand on that. Wild Game would be the best. Real organic food takes some getting use to. No microwave.

There are experts out there who don't go along with the UN projections.

The more educated the population the fewer children they have.

I've seen projections where the growth rate levels out, to the point there is no growth.

By choice, 2 parents 1 child just because of the cost and competition for jobs and education.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
No idea what kind of technology can perform lab type testing in seconds. Sounds like snake oil.

Thing is, its not. But you won't see it in the general pop any time soon. Too disruptive. Heck the guy that flew across the atlantic at the turn of the 20th century and declared he was operating with no fuel can tell you all about that from his grave.

http://www.charleslindbergh.com/history/paris.asp

Soon as he revealed his plane ran on his best friends free energy device his kid was abducted and all attention went to that. And of course eventually he was considered the abductor, no good deed goes unpunished in this world indeed. That was in 1924. Go to the Leafs unofficial clubhouse and ask Darcy and Shayne about the water powered car they were shown. End of ecoute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad