Proposal: Arber Xhekaj to New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
The OP didn't get very descriptive in their proposal. I assume they want protection. My counter-proposal offers all sorts of protection.
Your proposal wouldn't protect Jeff Gorton and Kent Hughes from being fired, which would happen immediately after agreeing to such a deal.

Last edited:

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
eh, Gritsyuk is going on a tear now so I rescind any inkling of support to trading him for Xhekaj.

Perhaps Xhekaj for Josh Filmon:dunno:

Your proposal wouldn't protect Jeff Gorton and Jack Hughes from being fired, which would happen immediately after agreeing to such a deal.
I knew it! Jack Hughes isn't injured he's just taking time off to be the Habs GM!

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
eh, Gritsyuk is going on a tear now so I rescind any inkling of support to trading him for Xhekaj.

I knew it! Jack Hughes isn't injured he's just taking time off to be the Habs GM!
Wishful thinking about Jack being part of the Habs (fixed)?

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Your proposal wouldn't protect Jeff Gorton and Kent Hughes from being fired, which would happen immediately after agreeing to such a deal.
This still has nothing to do with the motivations of the OP.

Why else would he want to acquire Xhekaj? For his PPQB abilities?

My proposal stands upright. No concessions.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Gritsuck is irrelevant as Xhekaj is not available. Especially for crap!

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
The OP didn't get very descriptive in their proposal. I assume they want protection. My counter-proposal offers all sorts of protection.
your counterproposal tries to solve toronto's cap and roster problems by stealing talent from the habs and cap space from the devils.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Is Xhekaj really what the Devils need? I get the desire to add a 6 with toughness. That can be a good add. But my eyes see a need for a guy who can defend top 6 players. That definitely isn't Xhekaj.

Reactions: Homesick

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Is Xhekaj really what the Devils need? I get the desire to add a 6 with toughness. That can be a good add. But my eyes see a need for a guy who can defend top 6 players. That definitely isn't Xhekaj.

No, he is not at all. The OP feels the need to post a Devils-related trade thread every other week or so regardless of actual need or fit. He's the only Devils fan on this board that is remotely eyeing Xhekaj.

I'm sure Xhekaj is a fine player/prospect, but if NJ is bringing in another defender this season it's going to be a depth veteran defensive defenseman on an expiring contract at a significantly lower cost.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I agree the Habs have some big tuff talented D coming up. And hey even Hutson went beast mode at the WJC, LOL.
cheers
Wifi brings another element to the game. Be vital in playoffs. About value of Tom Wilson type.
Mercer better player but how many more points will Habs have if Mercer is there or a Catton or MBN we take in this draft? Minimum difference.

Our first line is set so he be Dach winger.

Wifi though, we seen what big physical defenseman add to playoff teams.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Wifi brings another element to the game. Be vital in playoffs. About value of Tom Wilson type.
Mercer better player but how many more points will Habs have if Mercer is there or a Catton or MBN we take in this draft? Minimum difference.

Our first line is set so he be Dach winger.

Wifi though, we seen what big physical defenseman add to playoff teams.
Oh mercy. Tell me you didn't just say Xhekaj has the same value in the playoffs as Tom Wilson. Never change Habs fans...

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Xhekaj's value is calculated differently from other players. On the one hand, he is probably the strongest man in the NHL (or almost), he is a very friendly face who sells and in my opinion, he has the potential to be a top 3 defenseman in the NHL So any offer must start with a first round choice +...and even there, I'm not sure that Habs fans would accept.

jaguar-fan.gif

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Gritsuck is irrelevant as Xhekaj is not available. Especially for crap!
what was the last player that the Habs developed in house? Probably will become a worse player in the AHL. Luckily some of their prospects are safe in other leagues.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Will he even come to North America? Earliest he can come is in 2 years...so saying he is NHL ready is kind of a joke.
He has stated he wants to come over and likes every Devils instagram/Facebook post, He'll come over.

The person I quoted said "NEAR nhl ready" 1 and a half season seems near-ish to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad