Proposal: Arber Xhekaj to New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Mostly nobodies or middling goalies. Teams that sign goalies to huge long term contracts are taking a big risk. Goalie play is so fickle.
I agree. There are a few goaltenders that are worth the risk, but only if you can get a discount / deal on a longterm contract.

I think you are better off with two average goaltenders that you can platoon at a combined caphit of 5M - 6M.

Reactions: McJedi

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I agree. There are a few goaltenders that are worth the risk, but only if you can get a discount / deal on a longterm contract.

I think you are better off with two average goaltenders that you can platoon at a combined caphit of 5M - 6M.
Exactly. Avs aren’t going to goalie chase simply because their starter was better last year.

Unless he implodes like Jack Campbell, they’ll role with him. If Georgiev gets hot again, they probably shouldn’t engage his agent on an 8 year extension. Spend your dollars on skaters and skimp in net. Sakic understands goalies are voodoo and to ride their highs and lows on shorter term deals. So so few are like Vasi.

Drouin has been outstanding the last two months. But I really hope we don’t sign him to an 8 year extension tomorrow. Save those for your best players and not goalies or middle six guys that run hot and cold.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
What's stupid is thinking a 23-year-old AHL defenseman that can't crack a team that sits 25th in the standings and GA is worth much of anything at all.
Let the emotional attachment go and move on

Clueless.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
If he was worth anything, he wouldn’t be in the AHL.
If he was worth nothing, we wouldn’t see threads trying to acquire for decent prospects.

He’s simply not available. He’s a unique player with a unique play style that you don’t see often. There’s really no reason to trade the kid

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Exactly. Avs aren’t going to goalie chase simply because their starter was better last year.

Unless he implodes like Jack Campbell, they’ll role with him. If Georgiev gets hot again, they probably shouldn’t engage his agent on an 8 year extension. Spend your dollars on skaters and skimp in net. Sakic understands goalies are voodoo and to ride their highs and lows on shorter term deals. So so few are like Vasi.

Drouin has been outstanding the last two months. But I really hope we don’t sign him to an 8 year extension tomorrow. Save those for your best players and not goalies or middle six guys that run hot and cold.
I kind of think goalies are the thing you cheap out on if you don't have a top 8 netminder. I know Vasy, Shesterkin, Demko, Saros, Sirokin, Hellebuyk, Ullmark and Oettinger are gonna be good most seasons. Does it matter that much if you have the 8M version of the 2nd tier or the 3M version? I'm not so sure it does.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I kind of think goalies are the thing you cheap out on if you don't have a top 8 netminder. I know Vasy, Shesterkin, Demko, Saros, Sirokin, Hellebuyk, Ullmark and Oettinger are gonna be good most seasons. Does it matter that much if you have the 8M version of the 2nd tier or the 3M version? I'm not so sure it does.
It doesn’t.

The Avs just got a stellar game out of Georgiev in shutting out Vegas tonight. They pay him $3.4mm. He’s decent. Allowed us to keep a strong top 5 on D and get a big couple middle six guys.

I perfer to spend cap space on a non voodoo position.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It doesn’t.

The Avs just got a stellar game out of Georgiev in shutting out Vegas tonight. They pay him $3.4mm. He’s decent. Allowed us to keep a strong top 5 on D and get a big couple middle six guys.

I perfer to spend cap space on a non voodoo position.

Goaltending league wide is absurdly f***ed at the moment. Even the top guys look like average this year. Paying a goalie is super risky right now but it also doesn't help that the last 2 guys came out of nowhere to win a Cup on stacked rosters in Vegas/Colorado even though I think more highly of Kuemper than most hockey fans do.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Goaltending league wide is absurdly f***ed at the moment. Even the top guys look like average this year. Paying a goalie is super risky right now but it also doesn't help that the last 2 guys came out of nowhere to win a Cup on stacked rosters in Vegas/Colorado even though I think more highly of Kuemper than most hockey fans do.
Which highlights my point that I’d rather trade for a Xhekji than a Jake Allen When my team already has a better iteration of Jake Allen Making the same ~AAV

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
The OP didn't get very descriptive in their proposal. I assume they want protection. My counter-proposal offers all sorts of protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad