Proposal: Arber Xhekaj to New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Stealing is too strong a word. This is a trade.
it is funny. but the more i think about your 'proposal' the more i like it. not because i think it represents fair value or has any chance to be effected. but the huge amount of useless roster fodder you want to trade away just demonstrates the lack of organizational depth and it makes it very hard to consider the toronto maple leafs anything more than pretender.

happy weekend

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Yeaaah!.

I know most other teams fans will underestimate Xhekaj value because he's not a pt producer kind of guy.

But at the end of the day it's not a hockey pool we're talking about here, it's the real NHL with the NHL reality...

And the NHL reality is that MTL put Xhekaj on the market and there's gonna be 31 GMs in line to acquire him.

Physical specimen like him, capable of inspiring respect and actually play good hockey, are a rare breed. Plus he's only 22 with NHL experience.

It's all a matter of offer and demand and since Xhekaj is a rare breed in high demand, he's got a fairly good value.

Want it or not, it's the law of market...

P.S.: don't bother to argue about the fact he's actually in the AHL, since:

- He's dominant down there.

- It's more a matter of him being waiver exempt. Since MTL have a surplus of young lefty blueliners.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
it is funny. but the more i think about your 'proposal' the more i like it. not because i think it represents fair value or has any chance to be effected. but the huge amount of useless roster fodder you want to trade away just demonstrates the lack of organizational depth and it makes it very hard to consider the toronto maple leafs anything more than pretender.

happy weekend
You haven't said anything specific in your dismissive post.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
So NJ is left with zero forward depth. You really are terrible at these.

yes you're right. The organization will fold if they trade away Graeme Clarke and a guy who isn't even on the depth chart.

I had no idea that if Graeme Clarke were to (knock on wood) suffer and injury that would keep him out for months that would mean the NJD would be left with 0 forward depth.

Reactions: Junohockeyfan

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I don't follow Montreal closely, why is he in the AHL?

Hughes.
"Our plans are not to trade Arber Xhekaj. He is not in the American League because he is no longer in our plans. Arber was injured last year and again this year. Last year, we did not have the means to place him in the American League.

Therefore, the Canadiens' GM confirms that the plan is not to trade Xhekaj. The organization believes greatly in his potential, and he also brings a very rare dimension to a team.

Hughes asserts that Xhekaj's time in Laval is not a punishment; on the contrary, it is intended to help him progress in his game so that he can become the best version of himself when he reaches his full potential with the Canadiens.

This decision seems to be bearing fruit, as Xhekaj has become a top defender with the Rocket. He is also confirming his underrated offensive potential with a tally of 11 points in 15 games at Laval.

According to Hughes' statements, if a defenseman is sacrificed to add offensive talent to the CH eventually, Xhekaj has nothing to worry about, as he is not going anywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qwijibo and pth2

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Trades are hard in real life and any suggested here is way out there and worse, doesn't solve our needs.

We need...young top 6 center or winger.

We do NOT need...middle six forwards because we got a slew coming up.

We do NOT need...defenseman.

Any trade that involves our young defenseman for a forward will simply give us more of what we already have. Other then Guhle, who will not be traded, all of our other defenseman are not proven enough to be worth a young top 6 forward.

So there it is...just like real life, trades are hard

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Just said in the 2nd intermission that teams have been calling about Wifi and Hughes has shut down any interest in trading him.

Trades are hard in real life and any suggested here is way out there and worse, doesn't solve our needs.

We do NOT need...middle six forwards because we got a slew coming up.

We do NOT need...defenseman.

Any trade that involves our young defenseman for a forward will simply give us more of what we already have. Other then Guhle, who will not be traded, all of our other defenseman are not proven enough to be worth a young top 6 forward.

So there it is...just like real life, trades are hard
We have 2 top 6- C or 3 if you can see Newhook as 1. We don't need a 4th top 6 C. We need a top 6 W.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

pth2

Jan 7, 2018

We can wish for top-liners all we want, the Habs still need quality top-9 forwards. Right now, they have a top line, Dach and Newhook, everyone else is highly unproven or on their way out, so if a top-9 young forward, who will hopefully have some untapped offense, is available for a part Montreal can move, they need to make the deal, and maybe later on upgrade if assets are available. I wouldn't be shocked if Montreal developped Newhook into being a 50 point winger and then moved him and a pick for 65 point winger... but we can't just say we need topliners and nothing else, that just doesn't lead to a productive exchange.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
If it's actually true that "31 teams would be interested" and teams are calling all the time about Xhekaj, it is insane if MTL isn't considering trading him. That screams potential bidding war and someone greatly overpaying like TB did for Jeannot, because this is a player type that GMs overvalue

Reactions: samsagat

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If it's actually true that "31 teams would be interested" and teams are calling all the time about Xhekaj, it is insane if MTL isn't considering trading him. That screams potential bidding war and someone greatly overpaying like TB did for Jeannot, because this is a player type that GMs overvalue

He stated "a couple teams" had showed some interest.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad