GDT: [Apr 30] Rd 2, Gm 1: Flames @ Ducks 8:00pm MT (Sportsnet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
This series is as good as over if Hudler is out

Why do you say that? He was basically "out" for 4 1/2 games last series and we didn't do too bad :sarcasm: seriously though, big loss, but others can step up just like last series.. Let's just hope neither him or Ferland are seriously hurt

Flaming Satan

Driving into Legacy
May 29, 2014
YYC
So Jooris missed a breakaway, we messed up a true 2-on-1 and a 2-on-1 down-low where Stajan put the pass in a bad place for Jones, and Backlund got hooked blatantly on a breakaway. Meanwhile, I can remember exactly one Ducks chance that they didn't bury.

This is the Honda Center curse, folks.

I swear to god it's that God-awful mascot that they have.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I say we play Ortio I know that we shouldn't force a rookie goaltender right into the playoffs but both our goalies haven't played well the past couple games.

Huh? Ramos barely played. Ortio won't see action unless someone gets injured.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Yeah and our playoff push was over when Gio got hurt. Never say die.

Our first line has done most of the offensive damage this season, and Hudler's been the heart of all that, making it happen after we lost Gio. If we lose him too, the hole will be too big for someone else to fill. We're almost devoid of any scoring talent on the right wing, and there's no one good enough to replace him

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Three hours ago, here I was, thinking I'd go to sleep after the game feeling anything but sad

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Bennett looks a little lost. Might want to rethink burning off a year of his contract.

At least Shore went to the net there. :/

Anderson with the easiest shutout of the playoffs. No way the Flames even score a single goal on him. Or ever again at the Honda Centre.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Our first line has done most of the offensive damage this season, and Hudler's been the heart of all that, making it happen after we lost Gio. If we lose him too, the hole will be too big for someone else to fill. We're almost devoid of any scoring talent on the right wing, and there's no one good enough to replace him

I don't disagree with how important Huds is to us, I mean we are huge underdogs regardless, but everyone in the Media and most Flames fans thought we were done without Gio. We got through the first round without Huds being a dominant factor except for game 6. I just feel this team is very resilient. Yeah we have our backs against the wall, but i'm not counting us out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad