GDT: Apr 24 7:30pm - BwO and the Leafs vs TB: Freaking Game 4. Baby: ROR? No, the real hero so far is Squiffy's liver

Status
Not open for further replies.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Taking 2 in their building and being up 3-1 in the series would be an awesome gut punch to the fake blue and white. Get er done.
Coming home up 3-1 with a wild home crowd waiting to get the 1st round monkey off our back. It’s go time!

Have the ads been especially awful on this website for mobile for anyone else? Taking over the sides and the bottom of the page non-stop.

Anyway, GLG. Anyway you beat these dirty f***s and almost as bad refs is a good way to beat them.
Absolutely killing me lately. I can’t get rid of them. They cover almost half the screen

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
IMO, that makes them worse.
Simmonds has shown some signs of game and any 1st of 2nd line would avoid playing against him.
Simmons used to be a very good player. He is still a menacing fighter. Subbing in a replacement player who used to be good for another, doesn't move the performance needle but is the kind of psyops that will keep Tampa from taking liberties. Try matching Point to that line now that there is an open season on going after skill. Won't take much to get into their heads.

Reactions: Duffman955

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Courtesy of ChatGPT

There once was a team from Tampa Bay
Whose fans would complain and dismay
At the slightest of hits
They'd throw hissy fits
Oh, those whimpy Whiner fans at play!

Their team played with arrogance and pride
But their fans would just cower and hide
At the sound of a check
They'd start to reflex
Oh, those whimpy Whiner fans beside!

The players would cheat tooth and nail
To win every game without fail
But the Whiner fans whined
And complained all the time
Oh, those whimpy Whiner fans, so frail!

So if you go watch Tampa Bay play
And hear some fans whine and dismay
Just remember the team
Cheats, break rules, and complains.
And those Whiner fans, they just don't sway!
There once was a man from Florida
..the rest is too rude.

• Love
Reactions: Hellcat

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Given that both fan bases are 100% convinced that the NHL is directly gaming their team via officiating, the NHL has just released this educational video. I suggest we all review it.

Now that you are up to date on the current standard, a quiz. See if you can spot any infractions as noted in the above PSA in this video:

Go Leafs Go. Once you're BWO, you're BWO FOR LIFE. Let's go.

Todd Gill getting in on the act. Makes me think Knies should go after Kucherov or Stamkos. Make yourself an instant legend...like Todd Gill.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eric bungay

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I really don't know why anyone thinks Simmonds would change anything. These games have been even as far as the physical stuff goes. If there's an injury on a forward, then sure Simmonds maybe makes sense. But other than that, if healthy, keep it as is. Next game Bunting will be available anyway,

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Have the ads been especially awful on this website for mobile for anyone else? Taking over the sides and the bottom of the page non-stop.

Anyway, GLG. Anyway you beat these dirty f***s and almost as bad refs is a good way to beat them.
Brutal, someone suggested the Brave browsers to me on here and its what im using now with no issues. But Chrome, Etc were basically unusable

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Simmonds has shown some signs of game and any 1st of 2nd line would avoid playing against him.
Simmons used to be a very good player. He is still a menacing fighter. Subbing in a replacement player who used to be good for another, doesn't move the performance needle but is the kind of psyops that will keep Tampa from taking liberties. Try matching Point to that line now that there is an open season on going after skill. Won't take much to get into their heads.

Simmonds should have been in the lineup last game in an attempt to prevent what happened. Putting him in tonight sends the wrong message and opens the door to a free for all. No thanks.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Not feeling good about tonight's game. No shot Tampa Let's us go up 3-1.

I may bet a large amount of money tonight on a Bolts win just to ease the pain. Having said that, last game was a game Toronto typically loses and they somehow found a way to win...and Vasilevskiy has been a non factor to this point.

Just please. For the love of christ. Don't have the refs hand this one to them.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I've been in HF way less because of these ads. It's hidious and takes up half the screen
Still not as bad as trying to check standings/wild card positions on TSN. Especially with an iphone. There is this giant scroll ad you can’t get rid of and covers half the info. Horrible.

Reactions: Peace Frog

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Not feeling good about tonight's game. No shot Tampa Let's us go up 3-1.

I may bet a large amount of money tonight on a Bolts win just to ease the pain. Having said that, last game was a game Toronto typically loses and they somehow found a way to win...and Vasilevskiy has been a non factor to this point.

We're objectively the better team. It shouldn't be about Tampa letting us do anything.

I'm of course terrified that we'll find a way to Leaf this game, but on paper this should be a Leafs win.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
It's 2023 you don't need Simmonds. If it was 2015 no question. Go in there tonight, take care of business. Wrap it up at home in Game 5. Show Boston there's a new sheriff in town and historic season or not, bring it on!!!!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Message plain and simple again. Just win.

It wasn't pretty on Saturday but they got the job done.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Simmonds is done, and should definitely not be coming anywhere close to a healthy lineup.
Cooper would gladly match Point up with him, and watch him score goal after goal.
We don't need fighters. We need players. He doesn't prevent anything. He's a penalty magnet, and unlike Bunting, doesn't provide the benefits to make up for it.
It's not open season on going after skill. It's open season for Tampa to go after our skill. We'll still be penalized.

Reactions: bax

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Playing Simmonds is playing into Tampa's hands. Obviously you try to improve on each game but not by changing the dynamic of your lineup or style to match the team you've been beating, that's their job.
That line was losing. Standing pat is just paralysis caused by fear.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Simmonds is done, and should definitely not be coming anywhere close to a healthy lineup.
Cooper would gladly match Point up with him, and watch him score goal after goal.
We don't need fighters. We need players. He doesn't prevent anything. He's a penalty magnet, and unlike Bunting, doesn't provide the benefits to make up for it.
It's not open season on going after skill. It's open season for Tampa to go after our skill. We'll still be penalized.
So you think they would get a lot more than 12 shot attempts against in 9 minutes? Like to see it to believe it.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
IMO, playing a worse player because he can fight makes it sound like the Leafs are more worried about what Tampa will do than playing their own game.
With Tampa having last change, they could find Simmonds on the ice against some poor matchups.

Agreed, he was a very good player who I wanted the Leafs to grab years ago. Those days are gone though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad