GDT: Apr 24 7:30pm - BwO and the Leafs vs TB: Freaking Game 4. Baby: ROR? No, the real hero so far is Squiffy's liver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Given that both fan bases are 100% convinced that the NHL is directly gaming their team via officiating, the NHL has just released this educational video. I suggest we all review it.

Now that you are up to date on the current standard, a quiz. See if you can spot any infractions as noted in the above PSA in this video:

Go Leafs Go. Once you're BWO, you're BWO FOR LIFE. Let's go.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Found a way to win game 3 while playing terrible hockey. Need to play way better and put Tampa on the brink. Big game in series and for the team, they need to be able to carry the momentum into tonight and dictate the play.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Tampa showed they can still dominate a game. Sure they are down some key pieces from years past, but their core is still there. Cut down the giveaways, bad passes, get on the horses and initiate the hits pressure in the O zone. Don’t get drawn into their nonesense. Sammy needs to continue his period 2-OT performance, We’ll be fine. Let’s break their will tonight.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Dreaded 7:30 start, everyone hates those.

Unless there's an injury we haven't heard of, I wouldn't expect lineup changes nor should any be made.

Tonight is going to be the biggest test so far.
Really need a big game from the Goalie.

Last edited:

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Leafs have had a 2-1 lead in 4 out of last 5 series. Only once have they made it 3-1. After stealing Game 3 I am hoping they come out flying and push TB to the brink.

I suspect TB will come out desperate though. Have to match the intensity for the first 10 minutes then take it over from there

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Jeanott telling luke we are going again lol. Why didnt he. He cant fight if you saw his hand he cant fight with a hand like that so he is of no consequence

Hedman is their best dman but did you notice he wasnt on the ice protecting a lead with a minute to go. He is hurting bad. Leafs should finish every check on him and make him pay
That should be done to every player, healthy or not.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Wendel
Dougie
Burns
Harry Neal

And we’re supposed to get fired up to be entertained by Matthews and Stamkos?

The Stanley Cup should be retired and new trophy awarded.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Need a much better performance from the team as a whole tonight. They got lucky to get away with a win in game 3, if they bring that kind of effort again tonight its likely a loss.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Dreaded 7:30 start, everyone hates those.

Unless there's an injury we haven't heard of, I wouldn't expect lineup changes nor should any be made.

Tonight is going to be the biggest test so far.
Really need a big game from the Goalie.
I disagree about the lineup.
ZAR, Kampf and Lafferty were hemorrhaging scoring chances. 3 shots for and 13 against. No goals against but nothing you want to keep in a momento box.
Kerfoot, Tavares Nylander were also a shit show. Need to shore up the scoring chance differential.
ZAR isn't doing much and some line shakeups might be in order

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I expect Keefe will have made some adjustments to hamper Tampa a bit. Everything seemed to work for Tampa last game (except the final score lol). Their breakouts were insanely quick and focused, the stretch pass was well utilized and whatever they were doing to forecheck the leaf breakouts was working quite well. They looked like 2020 TB Lightning

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
ZAR, Kampf and Lafferty were hemorrhaging scoring chances. 3 shots for and 13 against. No goals against but nothing you want to keep in a momento box.
Kerfoot, Tavares Nylander were also a shit show. Need to shore up the scoring chance differential.
Would Simmonds be better, though? He'd probably be worse defensively and I could see him taking a dumb penalty.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I don't think they've been bad at all but my expectations for the 4th line aren't that high.
I know they've been out against some bad matchups and struggled but I don't fault them for that.
Who do you see as an upgrade on ZAR?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I don't think they've been bad at all but my expectations for the 4th line aren't that high.
I know they've been out against some bad matchups and struggled but I don't fault them for that.
Who do you see as an upgrade on ZAR?
Lafferty can play both sides. I'd move Simmonds in.

Reactions: Duffman955
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad