GDT: Apr 24 7:30pm - BwO and the Leafs vs TB: Freaking Game 4. Baby: ROR? No, the real hero so far is Squiffy's liver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Given that both fan bases are 100% convinced that the NHL is directly gaming their team via officiating, the NHL has just released this educational video. I suggest we all review it.

One of my favorite scenes from any move ever. "You feel much shame."

• Haha
Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Lightning are big mad
Make their fans big sad
Winning a round would be rad

GO LEAFS GO!

Courtesy of ChatGPT

There once was a team from Tampa Bay
Whose fans would complain and dismay
At the slightest of hits
They'd throw hissy fits
Oh, those whimpy Whiner fans at play!

Their team played with arrogance and pride
But their fans would just cower and hide
At the sound of a check
They'd start to reflex
Oh, those whimpy Whiner fans beside!

The players would cheat tooth and nail
To win every game without fail
But the Whiner fans whined
And complained all the time
Oh, those whimpy Whiner fans, so frail!

So if you go watch Tampa Bay play
And hear some fans whine and dismay
Just remember the team
Cheats, break rules, and complains.
And those Whiner fans, they just don't sway!

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Courtesy of ChatGPT

There once was a team from Tampa Bay
Whose fans would complain and dismay
At the slightest of hits
They'd throw hissy fits
Oh, those whimpy Whiner fans at play!

Their team played with arrogance and pride
But their fans would just cower and hide
At the sound of a check
They'd start to reflex
Oh, those whimpy Whiner fans beside!

The players would cheat tooth and nail
To win every game without fail
But the Whiner fans whined
And complained all the time
Oh, those whimpy Whiner fans, so frail!

So if you go watch Tampa Bay play
And hear some fans whine and dismay
Just remember the team
Cheats, break rules, and complains.
And those Whiner fans, they just don't sway!
Should post this on the mainboards GDT just for the massive amount of salt that would follow :laugh:

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Would Simmonds be better, though? He'd probably be worse defensively and I could see him taking a dumb penalty.
Simmonds is declining but has played well the last few outings. His presence is a disincentive to match one of your stars to that line now that Tampa has opened the door to thugs targeting skill. Jeannot played some games with JT last game. Going after Matthews was also a no no even if it was Stamkos.
You plant Simmons there and you will see a skilled quarantine of that line.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
We were lucky to win the last one, adjust and go for the kill now. Be like Boston and Carolina instead of LA and Minnesota. The Toronto Maple Leafs.

Fixed it for you…..

Leafs have to find a way to win this. That is all.

Tampa doesn’t quit and we can’t ease up. We have to play better and harder than we did last game. Last game we were damn lucky.

Go Leafs Go!

HockeyMad68

Oct 14, 2017
Given that both fan bases are 100% convinced that the NHL is directly gaming their team via officiating, the NHL has just released this educational video. I suggest we all review it.

Now that you are up to date on the current standard, a quiz. See if you can spot any infractions as noted in the above PSA in this video:

Go Leafs Go. Once you're BWO, you're BWO FOR LIFE. Let's go.

I almost got tickets for that game. Damn sorry I missed it.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Jeanott telling luke we are going again lol. Why didnt he. He cant fight if you saw his hand he cant fight with a hand like that so he is of no consequence

Hedman is their best dman but did you notice he wasnt on the ice protecting a lead with a minute to go. He is hurting bad. Leafs should finish every check on him and make him pay
Luke called Jeanott irrelevant, eliciting a shocked butthurt response from Hagel. It was hilarious. Yeah. Nothing happened, all frothing at the mouth and no substance.

Can’t help but be impressed with Hedman playing those minutes obviously hurting. Leafs really need to dump and hit in his corner.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Would be nice for once to see this team step on the neck of a team that you’re up 2-1 against. How many times in crucial games over the past 5 years where we take a series lead and then just lay down and die the following game. Don’t play not to lose. Come out flying! It starts with the mentality of Matthews and Marner, shift 1 dominate and set the tone.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I wouldn’t mind Simmonds in there. He can just fight Jeannot every time they are on the ice together. Jeannot sucks but I’d rather have him sitting in the penalty box or knocked out rather than chasing Lafferty or anybody else around all game.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Would be nice for once to see this team step on the neck of a team that you’re up 2-1 against. How many times in crucial games over the past 5 years where we take a series lead and then just lay down and die the following game. Don’t play not to lose. Come out flying! It starts with the mentality of Matthews and Marner, shift 1 dominate and set the tone.
Taking 2 in their building and being up 3-1 in the series would be an awesome gut punch to the fake blue and white. Get er done.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I hate the idea of Simmonds in the line-up. Can’t keep up and it seems you’re just putting him in there because the TB players are in your head. Stick to what has worked. Simmonds will end up taking at least 1 dumb penalty that could cost us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad