AO, Hat Trick...Assist...{chirp, chirp}

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
arrbez said:
While it's true that Sydney will never be sexy on magazine covers like Vinnie Lecavalier or Pavel Bure, he's certainly not ugly like Ovechkin.

Ovechkin is a whole different breed of ugly. As I say, it's nodoby's fault, and hell, I actually really like the kid and his style of play...but c'mon, the boy is a goblin

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040621/040621_ovechkin_hsml.hmedium.jpg

Spoken like a true supermodel.

Lately, Ovechkin seems to have somewhat outgrown the overly angular face and acne which he had as a teen, peoples faces fill out once they get around 20...Looks better in interviews I have seen him in lately.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Jason MacIsaac said:
When I seen Ovehckin is Syndey at the WJC in 2003 there was something very special about the kid. I remember thinking that this kid hits like Peca, skates like Bure and scores like Bossy. It was amazing how fast a release he had. Ovehckin is going to be something scary. I have stayed out of the Crosby/Ovechkin debate for years on this site...I like Crosby and Ovechkin but Ovechkin is simple going to be the more complete player by the time the two fully develop. Fedorov seems like a fair comparison but Ovehckin has a physical game that Fedorov couldn't even match.

Thats why I compare him to Forsberg. Bad news? Forsberg started getting horrible injury problems from his playing style in his late 20's, could be forced to retire anytime, and he's only 31 or 32.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
!

arrbez said:
Ovetchkin will never be marketable because he is hideously ugly. It's nobody's fault, but certainly an unfortunate turn of events

Well then, good news everyone!

He can now have microdermabrasion, macrodermabrasion, facials, Pro-activ....

and it you people really insist, an Extreme makeover!

I think they already did the first part, 'cuz like I said, his apperance has improved.

Shallow...anyone? :p:

Sammy*

RallyKiller said:
I don't care what "pro scouts" would do, they have been wrong many times over the years and I have formed an opinion on what i've seen, you cannot tell me there is NOT a media slant from the canadian side.
Of course there is, you clown. He's Canadian & the media I presume you are referring to is Canadian.
I guess in Russia the media is in the habit of reporting on Sid the kid more than Ovy?

Sammy*

SethKeggins said:
Hey I'm all for it! If Getz and Perry can get the scoring like AO has done, in the past two nights now. You will hear the praise from me.

Props to Perry and his 3 goals.

Noooo. Thats not good enough.
Start whining about Perry & Getzlaff not getting praise & equal media exposure, over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sammy*

Mothra said:
you could, get this, avoid this thread......
True.
Or those crying could stop acting like 3 year olds with all the whining.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sammy*

Kaizer said:
NHL is not local league for russian media.
Really? So in Russia they wont be reporting on Ovechkin & his scoring exploits?
Interesting.

Sammy*

Kaizer said:
Yep. Shocked ?

Yes, again. They don't care about preseason while RSL is on the way.
Strange, but I'll take your word for it. I know here in Canada we follow Canadians on the PGA tour even though there is a Canadian tour. I dunno, maybe its just a Canadian thing.
And during the World hockey championships or Olympics or whatever the Russian media gives players who are not Russian the same exposure that they accord to Russians?

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Sammy said:
True.
Or you & your type could stop acting like 3 year olds with all the whining.

you confuse me with another......please show me where I was whining about any of this.......

insults like this make you look like the juvenile

Sammy*

Mothra said:
you confuse me with another......please show me where I was whining about any of this.......

insults like this make you look like the juvenile
True enough so I edited the post.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Mothra said:
I have no reason to doubt you....just think its funny that after all that your avatar has a guy in a team canada uni

well, I also think it's funny. It's the player that I like, not the uniform. However, I should change my avatar, it's very out-dated.

Steve Latin*

I always thought Ovechkin is a decent looking guy in a Rocky 4 Drago kind of way...

Anyhow, he could have turned out worse ... anyone remember his mom at the draft???? (Sorry Alex!)

Steve Latin*

On a side note, I think AO will end up being better looking than Kovalchuk AND Malkin ... that is, unless Malkin grows the beard

KariyaIsGod*

Ovechkin has clearly established that if he does get sent down to the minors, he will dominate the Wilkes-Barrie team... :eek: :clap: :bow:

He is clearly a God...

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Sammy said:
Strange, but I'll take your word for it. I know here in Canada we follow Canadians on the PGA tour even though there is a Canadian tour. I dunno, maybe its just a Canadian thing
Golf is not popular in Russia, but Tennis for example is another story...

Sammy said:
And during the World hockey championships or Olympics or whatever the Russian media gives players who are not Russian the same exposure that they accord to Russians?
You know, during WHC or Olympics I can read tons of interviews with foreign coaches, players, former stars (foreign too) here ... but I couldn't find it not at TSN.ca, not at Canoe.ca, not Sportsnet.ca :( But may be I just remember things bad :(

Last edited:

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
DrMoses said:
Ovechkin has clearly established that if he does get sent down to the minors, he will dominate the Wilkes-Barrie team... :eek: :clap: :bow:

He is clearly a God...
He will dominate WBS and it's twice more than half of WBS in intrasquad game with 3 assists that turned into main page story ;)

Sammy*

Kaizer said:
Golf is not popular in Russia, but Tennis for example is another story...

You know, during WHC or Olympics I can read tons of interviews with foreing coaches, players, former stars (foreign too) here ... but I couldn't find not at TSN.ca, not at Canoe.ca, not Sportsnet.ca :( But may be I just remember things bad :(
Geez, I find that very odd that Russia media accords the same amount of exposure to foreign players/teams as they do to their own.
Maybe it has something to do with Russias horrendous play recently?

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Sammy said:
Geez, I find that very odd that Russia media accords the same amount of exposure to foreign players/teams as they do to their own.
I didn't say word "same" in my post. You are putting your words into my mouth ;)

Sammy said:
After Canada had sucked in Nagano did you feel less attention to the team ? Or did you feel less attention to WJC's last years ? ;)

Sammy*

Kaizer said:
I didn't say word "same" in my post. You are putting your words into my mouth ;)

After Canada had sucked in Nagano did you feel less attention to the team ? Or did you feel less attention to WJC's last years ? ;)
Oh, so russian media does accord russian players more exposure than players from other countries? If thats true, thats just not right. That shouldnt happen,. Its not fair.
Oh, & I think in Canada we probaby pay more attention to our players when they suck, not less.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Sammy said:
Oh, so russian media does accord russian players more exposure than players from other countries? If thats true, thats just not right. That shouldnt happen,. Its not fair.
Oh, & I think in Canada we probaby pay more attention to our players when they suck, not less.

As a news resource, TSN should accept some responsibility and report things going on around the Ice. When they focus more on Crosby than some other rookie who's having a very impressive preseason, it fuels the hype machine... not to mention it's lazy reporting.

The amount of attention Crosby's getting is sick. I don't think anyone is arguing that it's wrong for there to be some bias... but at what point does a slant become bad reporting?

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Sammy said:
Err... what ? Explain.

Sammy said:
Than why did you say that ?
Sammy said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad