BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
SethKeggins said:
What gives?!?

"Crosby scores a scrimmage goal"

"Ovechkin, 3 goals, an assist (which could have been the 4th off a deflection)"

..I know, I know :rolleyes:

Crosby scored a scrimmage goal?!!?!?!?!?!?!

:bow: :bow: CROSBY! :banana: :banana:

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Steve Downie is an idiot...

Oops, wrong thread. Who's Ovchickin?

BTW, I heard Crosby sleeps on the left side of the bed! I would have thought the right side. What do you guys think?

Jimmypop316

Jun 21, 2005
Its just like when players get voted into all-star games just because the media is blowing them up, even though someone else deserves a spot more than them.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
I saw the highlights, they were nice goals one of them SH.

Side note: the sportsnet central broadcasters tonight are the worst ever. It starts with one of them telling the other how pretty he looks then they get to the hockey highlights:

"Lilja trying to make the Leafs"

"Ovechkin the 2nd overall pick"

"Washington wins 5-3"...when the score is showing on the screen 4-3

allelsefails

Mar 31, 2004
Canton, OH
Well I think it's fairly obvious the reason Crosby didn't play - he didn't want to show him up with 3 goals and 2 assists.

Nice sportsmanship from Sid.

Taranis_24

Jan 6, 2004
Visit site
Langer said:

BTW, I heard Crosby sleeps on the left side of the bed! I would have thought the right side. What do you guys think?

Mario is this you?

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
I mean, it's not like there was a news story about him getting three assists in a scrimmage now was it?

Last edited by a moderator:

cantskate

Sep 22, 2005
On the ice
Ao

As I mentioned in another thread, this guy is going to be really good. We don't need to constantly compare him to Crosby, Phaneuf, et al., just watch them all and appreciate their talent. I'm sorry AO isn't going to be coming out west.

the_gman83

Mar 27, 2002
Lethbridge
Visit site
Not to take anything away from Ovechkin(he played great), but did you see the roster the Penguins iced? Basically take the roster from the end of last season, take away 5 of their top 6 scorers, and that's what they were using tonight.

Scratches included: Lemieux, Palffy, Recchi, LeClair, Crosby, Malone, Gonchar, Jackman, Odelein, Fleury, Thibault.

It was basically the Wilkes-Barrie Scranton Penguins out there.

SopelFan*

Langer said:

I guess Mario sleeps on the right.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Ok now who cares about the goals, assists, Crosby not getting that much points..................... did you see Ovechkin tonight??? Holy crap, he was domminating, chasing every puck, passing through D's like a ninja turttle (ok, I'v been with a 7 years old all day), shooting from all sorts of angles. :eek:

Love it!

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
anyone have any video of ovechkin tonite??

**i can't all this crosby coverage... ughh...

i hope it doesn't even come close to this when kessel comes next year... i cant handle all this coverage of one player, that i haven't even seen score a goal in the NHL yet.

Roy G Biv*

Slick Nick said:
Ok now who cares about the goals, assists, Crosby not getting that much points..................... did you see Ovechkin tonight??? Holy crap, he was domminating, chasing every puck, passing through D's like a ninja turttle (ok, I'v been with a 7 years old all day), shooting from all sorts of angles. :eek:

Love it!

Aprial o''neil was hot. But ovechink<<<< Leoionardo. Remeber craing.

ha,,mmmed.

Deleted member 3032

I loved one of those reporters questions in his interview.

"On that first goal when you were trying to go in [the zone], and the puck was going in [the zone], were you trying to stay on-sides?"

What kind of question is that? That is like asking "When you shot, were you hoping that your team would get a goal?"

Randall Graves*

If ovechkin was north american he wouldn't be ignored like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad