Value of: Anze Kopitar

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
Right, absolutely nothing has changed since the last time a Kopitar thread was created over a year ago. :rolleyes:

Sorry @Guitpik, I didn't mean to personally offend you by creating this thread. I'll be sure to delete my account now.
Me offended? It doesn't look like I'm the one who's offended. It wasn't a personal attack on you, so take a deep breath and relax. It's just that these Kopitar/Doughty threads always end the same way. Fans of other teams feel they're over paid and too old, too expensive. Blake isn't going to trade either of them anyway...

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Blake isn't going to trade either of them anyway...

I don't think so either. This is draft year is not the year to tank, but next year is. Everyone will be talking about where Shane Wright, the next coming of McJesus, will be going.

Blake will need old players with high contracts for excuses.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Stumbling Jack

Jan 4, 2013
Valencia
Kopitar is now tied for the league lead in scoring. Guess the old man still has something in the tank.

Kopi will age like Thornton IMO and I’ve been saying this for years. Not to mention he’s still producing while playing 200 ft year after year.
It cracks me up so many people do not wanna give up assets to for a guy that will help you win a cup. Common theme here is peeps are more worried about losing prospects/youth then winning the cup for argument sake.
As a Kings fan I’ll make the Richards for Schenn/Simmonds trade over and over again.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Kopi will age like Thornton IMO and I’ve been saying this for years. Not to mention he’s still producing while playing 200 ft year after year.
It cracks me up so many people do not wanna give up assets to for a guy that will help you win a cup. Common theme here is peeps are more worried about losing prospects/youth then winning the cup for argument sake.
As a Kings fan I’ll make the Richards for Schenn/Simmonds trade over and over again.
His wingers are always terrible too. Noone ever gives him any credit but he is a solid player any team should want

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
He's now leading the league in points!

Also, as I mentioned in the OP, I'm not worried about Kopitar slowing down for LA, I'm worried about LA not being good enough for Kopitar while he's still in his prime. I'll keep him as long as he wants to stay, but if he wanted to chase more cups before he starts to slow down, I wouldn't blame him.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
I'm one that will advocate for the Kings to not trade Kopitar unless it's clear that he wants out for whatever reasons. However, you look at the last four years of his contract and in terms of actual dollars to be paid, it's not too bad for the other team if a trade were to happen, especially if Kings retain a reasonable part of it.

IpAijPs.png

Reactions: kilowatt

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
What would teams be willing to trade for Kopitar? He has a large contract, but the Kings could take back plenty of salary if needed. I'm not sure that the Kings will be contending for a playoff spot by the time his contract is up and I'd hate to see him waste away on this brutal LA team. What's the interest on a guy like Kopitar?
If we hadn't gone out and got Stastny and Dubois, I'd be all over this.

If I'm the Kings though, I really want Kopitar to a) shelter and b) guide the amazing young centers coming into the organization.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
He already has two cups and has spent his entire career with one team. He’d be crazy to trade living in Southern California to go live in St Paul or Winnipeg or just about anywhere else.
But SoCal is an awful place. (So are Minnesota and Manitoba but that's beside the point.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad