Anze Kopitar is going to olympic games

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
The Slovenia / Slovakia thing is so confusing. One of the countries have to change name, imo.

Does Austria/Australia also confuse you? :sarcasm:

I'm a geography enthusiast but two things that I often get mixed up are Czech/Slovakia (Czechoslovakia) and Serbia/Montenegro (Serbia and Montenegro). All four of those countries are now independent. Of course, Slovenia being part of the old Yugoslavia doesn't help and the fact that their flags all have red, white, and blue with the exception of the flag of Montenegro can get things confusing. One thing that helps, though, is that people from Slovakia and the Czech Republic don't have last names that end with "vic". Could be wrong, though. Also, the Yugoslavia region produces NBA players while Czech Republic and Slovakia produce NHL players.

Last edited:

JureEe

Go Kings Go!
Apr 5, 2012
sLOVEnija
Need a Slovenia jersey. They will be my number 2 team. :yo:

Slovenia will change jersey for Sochi... because OI rules..

one possibility:

64962624_dres_show.jpg

edit: i dont like it. somethink its missing (our hockey logo)

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
Has the NHL even made an official statement that they are going to let the NHL players go to Sochi. I know some prominent Russians have said they are going with or without permission.

Honestly, in my oppinion in that case Kopi would go the same route. Once few years ago he said in one interview that he has two big dreams: winning Stanley Cup and playing for Slovenia on Olimpic Games. And that he believe second one is probably really just a dream...

TheSlovenian

Aug 23, 2011
Ljubljana
It ****ing sucks. Our current jerseys (see my avatar) are very nice (the lynx looks awesome), but why can you do? The new ones are not even close as being good looking. Just boring.

zamo86*

Highlights of all Day 2 games for the Olympic qualifiers. The Denmark-Slovenia report starts at 11:20.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California

one possibility:

64962624_dres_show.jpg

I'm not a fan of it either. But, I will probably be buying one just to have. Very very awesome. Can't wait!:yo:

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
Only national symbols can be used.. like Swedish 3 crowns, Canada leaf...

If I remember right, no national sports federations logos can be used on the jerseys at the Olympics. This is why Canada wore the different emblem on their jerseys in Vancouver. I believe they changed this rule right before the 2008 Beijing Summer Games. I remember this as Canada's baseball team had to remove a baseball from their hats and simply wear the C of the logo to comply.

I'm not entirely sure why the IOC decided this was the rule. I can't see any sports federation putting a logo on their uniforms that is offensive or anything. The only thing I can figure is that the IOC did this so that the NOCs could profit from the sales of merchandise as I assume basketball and hockey are the two sports that actually sell a decent number of merchandise from the national Olympic teams. I'm assuming soccer does not, most of their national team merchandise is from the World Cup and Continental tournaments.

alpa

Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
Dec 3, 2006
Sweden and Slovenia

one possibility:

64962624_dres_show.jpg

To be honest I have always feelt that Slovenias jerseys in all sports have been really well designed and they always come out pretty cool and good looking.

So I think they will get our players be good looking again. :). Is this the final version?

JureEe

Go Kings Go!
Apr 5, 2012
sLOVEnija
To be honest I have always feelt that Slovenias jerseys in all sports have been really well designed and they always come out pretty cool and good looking.

So I think they will get our players be good looking again. :). Is this the final version?

no. that was made between games in Vojens.. on facebook (Hokejska zveza Slovenije) you will find more info..

Last edited:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Does Austria/Australia also confuse you? :sarcasm:

I'm a geography enthusiast but two things that I often get mixed up are Czech/Slovakia (Czechoslovakia) and Serbia/Montenegro (Serbia and Montenegro). All four of those countries are now independent. Of course, Slovenia being part of the old Yugoslavia doesn't help and the fact that their flags all have red, white, and blue with the exception of the flag of Montenegro can get things confusing. One thing that helps, though, is that people from Slovakia and the Czech Republic don't have last names that end with "vic". Could be wrong, though. Also, the Yugoslavia region produces NBA players while Czech Republic and Slovakia produce NHL players.

Not true. Though not as common as in the South Slavic nations, in Slovakia names that end in "vic" are hardly an uncommon occurence (such as Mlynarovič, Markovič, MikuÅ¡ovič, GaÅ¡parovič - that´s just the names of a few Slovak hockey players playing in the Slovak league).

TomasSVK

Jan 11, 2013
no. that was made between games in Vojens.. on facebook (Hokejska zveza Slovenije) you will find more info..

I don´t understand slovenian, can you transalte what is wrote on FB about this jerseys? Hope Slovakia will have new jersey on olympics too, but not too similar to Slovenian :laugh:

JureEe

Go Kings Go!
Apr 5, 2012
sLOVEnija
I don´t understand slovenian, can you transalte what is wrote on FB about this jerseys? Hope Slovakia will have new jersey on olympics too, but not too similar to Slovenian :laugh:

mostly BS.. but this
Na modrem dresu smo predlagali, da se Triglav obrobi z belo barvo in malce zmanjša grb

says they will do some modifycations on jerseys.. (they propose: On blue one, smaller national simbol and mountains (triglav) border with white colour... )

edit: im not very good in english, so hope that it is understandable..

TomasSVK

Jan 11, 2013
thanks, yes I understand. but if is Slovenian jersey desing, it should be other teams jersey desing too. hope will be revealed soon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad