OT: Anything Goes 39

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
So we got a wedding invitation for next month, and Mrs. hawksrule says I have to go (we’ll be fully vaccinated). The one part of the pandemic I liked was not having to attend bullshit social functions.

I've got almost 5 weddings to go to this year. Ugh.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Torture.

Edit: wait, isn’t one of those your own? You should at least sorta be looking forward to that one!

Me? I got married this past year actually. 50 people, outside, no one got sick. It ended up working out really well.

Not sure if the overly-sensitive global mods will let us talk about this anymore but I know a lot of people planning their weddings for this early summer, as if they’re expecting things to get back to normal COVID-wise.

Lots of people planning for 150+ people as well. I’d be surprised if most or any of the restrictions from 2020 won’t still be applied this spring and summer.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Me? I got married this past year actually. 50 people, outside, no one got sick. It ended up working out really well.

Not sure if the overly-sensitive global mods will let us talk about this anymore but I know a lot of people planning their weddings for this early summer, as if they’re expecting things to get back to normal COVID-wise.

Lots of people planning for 150+ people as well. I’d be surprised if most or any of the restrictions from 2020 won’t still be applied this spring and summer.

Well, they are packing stadiums in Texas and Florida already so what's 150 people at an outdoor wedding. Hopefully, we will experience a drop in cases like last Summer and enough people will be vaccinated.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Well, they are packing stadiums in Texas and Florida already so what's 150 people at an outdoor wedding. Hopefully, we will experience a drop in cases like last Summer and enough people will be vaccinated.

They’re not doing that in Illinois, though.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Holy crap.

Do any of you know about the Blackhawks' Lasik eye surgery giveaway they've been doing this year? Free Lasik surgery for a random person when the Hawks score a goal in the last two minutes of the 2nd period?

SharpeVision MODERN LASIK Two Minutes to 20/20 Sweepstakes

Well, I just won thanks to a goal on April 6th. Checked my email just because it's been a few days and I'm the lucky winner. Legit email address and everything (from Blackhawks.com).

Have had glasses for half my life (first day of HS) and figured I'd always have them. Now? I can get free surgery and potentially never wear them again.

Thank you very much for your goal, Mr DeBrincat.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Holy crap.

Do any of you know about the Blackhawks' Lasik eye surgery giveaway they've been doing this year? Free Lasik surgery for a random person when the Hawks score a goal in the last two minutes of the 2nd period?

Well, I just won thanks to a goal on April 6th. Checked my email just because it's been a few days and I'm the lucky winner. Legit email address and everything (from Blackhawks.com).

Have had glasses for half my life (first day of HS) and figured I'd always have them. Now? I can get free surgery and potentially never wear them again.

damn! Congrats. Better go buy a DeBrincat jersey now

Reactions: CallMeShaft

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Holy crap.

Wow. Congrats!

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Holy crap.

This is awesome man. Congrats.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Holy crap.

Holy shit!!! That's so cool!!

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I know there are a few people who know me personally, but I've decided I'm quitting sports because I no longer find it fun and it only causes me undue stress and aggravation. Just way too much of a time commitment and I'm done with it.
It was nice being a part of this community for a decade plus.

Thanks everyone for everything.

@ChiHawks10 If you still want to hit me up to go fishing one day I'm down.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I know there are a few people who know me personally, but I've decided I'm quitting sports because I no longer find it fun and it only causes me undue stress and aggravation. Just way too much of a time commitment and I'm done with it.

Just take a break from it. No reason to declare yourself done with something that you have a history of enjoying.

Take a few weeks, maybe months, and see how you feel at that point.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

In general it’s advisable not to make loud, dramatic exits, as you’ll feel awkward about coming back when you inevitably change your mind.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
In general it’s advisable not to make loud, dramatic exits, as you’ll feel awkward about coming back when you inevitably change your mind.
Yeah, really. I should know better. Just me being pissed at everything on Sunday evening.

Was nice to take a break for a few days.

@clydesdale line was right, I was just in a foul mood. Won't do idiot things like that anymore. Just take a break silently. I'm back for now but I'm going to try posting a bit less frequently and be more thoughtful about my posts.

Last edited:

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Yeah, really. I should know better. Just me being pissed at everything on Sunday evening.

Was nice to take a break for a few days.

@clydesdale line was right, I was just in a foul mood. Won't do idiot things like that anymore. Just take a break silently. I'm back for now but I'm going to try posting a bit less frequently and be more thoughtful about my posts.

Four posts in the hour since you came back. The "posting less" declaration is going about the same as the "leaving" declaration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad