OT: Anything Goes 39

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
What a psychopath. It's the Oscars dude, chill out!

Edit: His wife has alopecia i guess but still.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
That is something that he probably should have addressed off camera. But I enjoyed it none the less.

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
Chris Rock probably didn’t even write the joke; he also reacted impeccably. I respect the hell out of that man.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
This was my first year investing and man it showed! Definitely took a bath, made a lot of reactionary moves that I’ll never make again. Here’s to a smarter and more patient financial 2022

Reactions: BLKHKhockey

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
This was my first year investing and man it showed! Definitely took a bath, made a lot of reactionary moves that I’ll never make again. Here’s to a smarter and more patient financial 2022

You’re young. Take your investment capital and put it in high rated no-load mutual funds, continue adding to it over time, and don’t look at it for 30 years.

Reactions: QueerGirrl

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
You’re young. Take your investment capital and put it in high rated no-load mutual funds, continue adding to it over time, and don’t look at it for 30 years.
I'm no financial guru but I've been following a similar plan to what hawksrule suggests for ten years now along with company stock. Compound interest is the cheat code. As much as you can as young as you can.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Sometimes it seems like investing is playing against a stacked deck. More and more, computers are running the show and who can compete with that?

My philosophy: separate some mad money that you can afford to lose and invest it ...... but keep the balance of your portfolio in safe boring stocks like banks, dividend producers, ETFs and GICs. Start young and contribute regularly. Also, if possible maximize TFSA and RRSP contributions and you should be fine in retirement.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Thought I'd be going back to work this upcoming week. Doc told me Friday I still can't drive or go back to work until August. Woof.

Enjoy the time off because from the sound of it you worked your ass off constantly. Get healthy and have a nice summer. Hope all is well.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
I'll take a victory lap for saying last year I'd take Markstrom over Demko and that was met with scoffs and guffaws.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Always something when there is alcohol and golf in Florida. Got paired with this random guy and he got in a fist fight on 18

The guy in the hat throwing punches has no balance and leads with his chin. He’s lucky he wasn’t knocked the f out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad