OT: Anything Goes 37

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Are Illinois courts even expected to be open by then for non-emergency services? You may get credit without having to show up.

I am in AZ. I think that is why it is the end of May as maybe they are going to open things up? The bigger pain is the 45 mile drive each way to get there. I guess I found out on that Monday before if I am actually needed. All new to me and glad to do my civic duty while having down time. But it would be almost impossible if things were back to normal and flying out every week.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Been killing time during quarantine going through some classic WWE (well, classic for me... 1997 through 2001), and honestly, I think the crowd reaction at 0:39 of this video is still the loudest reaction I've heard at an event, sporting, entertainment or otherwise.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Roofing should be illegal before noon. Dogs going bonkers and woke us up from at least 7am on, because some asshole company was up there tearing down shingles two doors down... probably before 7 even. Because I finally got out of bed at 745 and they already had almost the entire roof torn down. :facepalm:

Reactions: JaegerDice

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I don't know man, it gets hot as hell on a roof as the day drags on. Getting that done very early is the way to go if you're roofing five days a week months on end.

Granted, still early enough in the year where that shouldn't be an issue, so that's more of a summertime concession.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don't know man, it gets hot as hell on a roof as the day drags on. Getting that done very early is the way to go if you're roofing five days a week months on end.

Granted, still early enough in the year where that shouldn't be an issue, so that's more of a summertime concession.

I get it during the summer. Totally understand and agree with you. There should still be a time they're not allowed to do it before. I'd be fine with like 8am. Maybe 9am on weekends.

But... it's spring, and the high today is 64 degrees and partly cloudy. Absolutely no need to do it at 6 or 7am. Especially knowing how many people are home right now.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
:laugh:

What was supposed to be a new set of backcountry skis.

So f***ing pissed. I’m sure they’ll make it right, but that’s not the god damn point.

Yeah, gotta love f***ing thieves. Get yourself a Ring.
We're lucky in that our front step is hidden from street view, since we've had probably a hundred or more packages show up over the past 4-6 weeks due to our cancelled baby shower.

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
What kind?

Black Diamond carbon Helio 105s with the Helio 200 binding.

I can’t believe how freaking light that binding is. It’s insane.

Yeah, gotta love f***ing thieves. Get yourself a Ring.
We're lucky in that our front step is hidden from street view, since we've had probably a hundred or more packages show up over the past 4-6 weeks due to our cancelled baby shower.

We have one..... but it’s hit and mess with drivers bringing packages to the door. We are on the 6th floor but sometimes people even with an elevator just don’t want to bring the packages up to us even though they’re supposed to. If they actually did bring it to the door then I have no doubt it would have been fine at our doorstep.

We have a mail room, but during business hours they don’t require a key fob to get around the property for some reason.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Until recently I didn’t realize how common of a problem this package stealing has become. We have a doorman who handles all packages and it takes 99% of the worry out of it.

My sister lives in a building in Lakeview with no doorman and people in her own building are apparently stealing other people’s packages. It’s disgusting. Treat as a federal offense like stealing someone’s mail is. You have to be a real scumbag to take someone’s package.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Fiance is being induced on the 12th. Forgot how nerve-wracking this can be. Haha. Been 12 years since I dealt with it, and she's never had to. Such a massive mix of emotions.

'grats, man.

And 12 years between kids? Man, my kid's two and the thought of starting anew with another kiddo is daunting as hell to me.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Doing landscaping and home depot delivered the wrong bricks that were an inch too thick. I call the line to switch them out and wait an hour on hold before i talk to someone who transfers me to another person where i also have to hold and have been waiting almost 45 minutes now. About to throw my goddamn phone through a tv

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Get a video doorbell that detects motion. Those thieves are going to keep coming back until you do. Happened to my mom.

The video when some stranger rolls to your door....sees the Ring Doorbell....then does an about face are priceless.

Reactions: hawksrule

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
'grats, man.

And 12 years between kids? Man, my kid's two and the thought of starting anew with another kiddo is daunting as hell to me.

Thanks! My two girls are 19 and 12 from a previous marriage. My fiance wants her own and I wanted a son, so we tried. Miscarried a year and a half ago. Everything went well this time. Our son will be born in 12 days. :thumbu:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarava

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Get a video doorbell that detects motion. Those thieves are going to keep coming back until you do. Happened to my mom.

A guy I work with caught a guy taking three packages from his door step with a security camera--good face shots, plenty of footage of his attire, clear footage. He turned it over to the police who never even called him back to follow up on it, even though they said they'd do that much. Thieves around here know porch theft is low-priority crime for the police.

I had a guy try to steal a package that had been delivered an hour before a would-be thief showed up. Problem was, I already brought it in the house. The would-be thief gave me this really confusing story about how he was there to pick up a package for <my name>. Well, that's me. I have that package, so you can leave. Didn't give up. Thirty minutes later the police showed up. While waiting for them to show up, this clown went across the street yelling at the top of his lungs that he's looking for a package for <me>. My neighbors know me, so they're confused, but recording this nutcase. Police end up sitting him on the sidewalk for 15 minutes, take notes of the issue and go on their way.

No crime was technically committed in the second instance, but the thieves aren't scared of any cameras. Volumes of these crimes are on Nextdoor. Both sets of packages were low-value pet items, but in Amazon boxes.

Forgot to add another related instance:
I missed delivery of a package, so the USPS left a door tag. I knew the truck was still making deliveries a few streets over and it was a nice day so I walked over to his truck to see if I could get the missed delivery. Sure, no problem since I had ID in hand. Walking back home, I took a quick glance to see what looked like a police car approaching behind me. The car stops behind me, and I know instantly that I'm going to get ID'd since I'm carrying a package. Amazing. I give them an A for effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: x Tame Impala

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Black Diamond carbon Helio 105s with the Helio 200 binding.

I can’t believe how freaking light that binding is. It’s insane.

We have one..... but it’s hit and mess with drivers bringing packages to the door. We are on the 6th floor but sometimes people even with an elevator just don’t want to bring the packages up to us even though they’re supposed to. If they actually did bring it to the door then I have no doubt it would have been fine at our doorstep.

We have a mail room, but during business hours they don’t require a key fob to get around the property for some reason.

Makes me miss my Black Diamond Kilowatts. I have a pair of Volkl Mantras right now never ski anymore.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Makes me miss my Black Diamond Kilowatts. I have a pair of Volkl Mantras right now never ski anymore.

This will be my set of BD skis.... I get 40% off work and just got a bonus so it was a no brainer. I was looking at a set of Atomics but went with BD last second.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Got the Rage Against the Machine reschedule. June of next year which is cool. But went from a Saturday to a Monday which sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad