OT: Anything Goes 35 - Tony O Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Congrats. A 4pt major wins deserves more than one burger. He probably consumed that thing in about 10 sec. I'm sure some of the other Dane owners would have hoped you stay retired.
The little lady would like to grand champion him but I honestly don’t want to give up that many weekends for it. He already has his best in specialty win and majors so it is just points to get there. It was a cool day because his father’s owner was in town and handled him. It was kind of emotional because our Wrigley looks just like his father who has passed. Which is why we showed him.....so he could handle him.

Reactions: plasmonresonance

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My PS4 is busy collecting dust while I have a game list a mile long to play on it as I mostly just play on my Switch as of late.

I'm sure that I'll eventually get a PS5, but I'll probably wait for a mid-generation reiteration of it and let the library grow to something decent in the hopes that I'll first tackle the goliath list of my to be released/haven't played yet games for the current system:

The Outer Worlds
Death Stranding
The Witcher 3
Red Dead Redemption 2
Spider-Man
Ghost of Tsushima
Mad Max
Yakuza 0
Middle Earth: Shadow of War
Just Cause 4
The Last Guardian
Shadow of the Colossus

And I know I'm forgetting more than a few. That's literally hundreds of hours right there. And that's not even counting the fact that I've barely touched Metal Gear Solid V and God of War.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
My PS4 is busy collecting dust while I have a game list a mile long to play on it as I mostly just play on my Switch as of late.

I'm sure that I'll eventually get a PS5, but I'll probably wait for a mid-generation reiteration of it and let the library grow to something decent in the hopes that I'll first tackle the goliath list of my to be released/haven't played yet games for the current system:

The Outer Worlds
Death Stranding
The Witcher 3
Red Dead Redemption 2
Spider-Man
Ghost of Tsushima
Mad Max
Yakuza 0
Middle Earth: Shadow of War
Just Cause 4
The Last Guardian
Shadow of the Colossus

And I know I'm forgetting more than a few. That's literally hundreds of hours right there. And that's not even counting the fact that I've barely touched Metal Gear Solid V and God of War.

My PS4 has seen more use as a blue-ray player than a gaming system over the past 4-5 years...

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
What are you watching first? Little Mermaid? Lion King?

giphy.gif

Actually my first watch was The Mandalorian! And then the first episode of The World According to Jeff Goldblum.

I am actually going to start up my Star Wars re-watch here now too. Going to save me a lot of money when I do my Star Wars & Marvel re-watches!

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
The Simpsons still being on is just so strange. I loved it growing up and as a teenager, but just sort of stopped watching. That was 20 years ago!

I did not realize it would be on there. Can't wait to watch it.

Also some other animated series I want to watch that I can. With my Star Wars re-watch, I'm going to watch the Clone Wars & Rebels animated series. Gargoyles. Animated X-Men.

This will also come in clutch with my young nieces & nephews. The library on the app is ridiculous.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My opinion is that overall Futurama > Simpsons, but prime Simpsons is among the best TV ever.

And I have no interest in watching a new Simpsons and probably won't until the final episode when the heat death of the universe occurs during the quadrillionth season. That being said, if I'm ever sidelined and in a bed for a few months, I have said that I want to marathon the Simpsons from beginning to end just because.

American Dad is the show I really want to get back into though, but haven't really followed it since it left Fox.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
@GeorgeLeafer12
@migi

Explain to the board Kalsarikannit
(There's supposed to be an umlaut on the 3rd a in case that changes the meaning)
:biglaugh:
This might be the funniest word in any language I've ever heard.

The umlaut doesn’t change anything!

Kalsari = underpants and känni = drunk/wasted. Basically means that you sit alone at your home and get wasted. While wearing nothing but underwear.

Red Dog mentality. Finnish way.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You just hear of it? It is a hilarious word.

Basically it means you are an alcoholic but there it is different due to the weather (I can't blame them).
Yeah. When the hell did you hear of it before? This is a uniquely Finnish thing and it's hilarious because it's sooo Finnish.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah. When the hell did you hear of it before? This is a uniquely Finnish thing and it's hilarious because it's sooo Finnish.

I grew up playing with a lot of Finns and I am friends with a lot of Finns now. Michigan and Minnesota have large Finnish populations. It might be the most Finnish word out there.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Rough f***ing day. Locked my keys in my car at the gym right before work and called in saying I probably wouldn’t be able to make it in on time. Broke into my car forty minutes later and went home. Got a message from my boss saying they’ve got me marked down as a no call no show an hour ago and have been on the phone on and off since trying to get this fixed. Lost eight hours of OT pay and have had to deal with non stop holds and call backs since. Woof.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I often save my movie discussion for the Entertainment section, but I absolutely have to recommend Ford v Ferrari. I am not even a huge racing or automobile guy, but this movie was still fantastic to me. My favorite of the year so far without a doubt.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I often save my movie discussion for the Entertainment section, but I absolutely have to recommend Ford v Ferrari. I am not even a huge racing or automobile guy, but this movie was still fantastic to me. My favorite of the year so far without a doubt.

Admittedly not a big movie guy, but the preview looked stupid to me. Also not a car guy, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad