OT: Anything Goes 34: The Thirtyforth One

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
That’s how it is where I work minus the walked out part, but I’m pretty sure it’s an injury liability thing.

The “walking out” part is pretty casual. It has more to do with not having access to your computer to send out client lists and such.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Finally, after all these years, started Game of Thrones two nights ago. I'm five episodes deep so far. Trying to avoid seeing anything I can on social media currently but know it's impossible to be spoiler-free in this day and age if you aren't current on something.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Yea, they made everyone come in all two weeks. It's fine. I need the cash since I had to blow money on new work clothes.
I wear the same shirt and pants all week. Saves on laundry and my work dosent care what you wear as long as it's not a t-shirt and ripped jeans. I just change my underwear, undershirt and socks daily.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Finally, after all these years, started Game of Thrones two nights ago. I'm five episodes deep so far. Trying to avoid seeing anything I can on social media currently but know it's impossible to be spoiler-free in this day and age if you aren't current on something.

It gets ya hooked quick. :thumbu:

You'll enjoy it. I give it maybe two weeks and you'll be all caught up. :laugh:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Good so far. Had no doubts I'd like it, just never got around to getting HBO or the app to actually watch it. Finally caved and got it.

Yeah, I add HBO to my Xfinity package just to watch it and Westworld when they're on, then cancel that package after. HBO isn't worth it for anything else, so I can't justify the money any other time. If I wanna watch movies I have Prime Video and Netflix.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Got HBO for my wife to binge GoT as well. I'm just a passing fan really, kind of fun to watch the new stuff and then read how longtime fans are upset.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I wear the same shirt and pants all week. Saves on laundry and my work dosent care what you wear as long as it's not a t-shirt and ripped jeans. I just change my underwear, undershirt and socks daily.
Eh, I wear button ups and jeans. It was stupid expensive for everything, but I did a winter refresh in November and needed to do a summer one, too. I'm pretty set now.

Reactions: ChiGuySez

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Yeah, I add HBO to my Xfinity package just to watch it and Westworld when they're on, then cancel that package after. HBO isn't worth it for anything else, so I can't justify the money any other time. If I wanna watch movies I have Prime Video and Netflix.

I just got the HBO Now app. It's free for like, two weeks and then it's $14 per month or something like that. I'll keep it long enough to get through GoT (maybe check out Westworld too) and then I'll ditch it when I'm done. I won't need it for anything else.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

You need to watch Veep. Succession was pretty good too, I thought.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You need to watch Veep. Succession was pretty good too, I thought.

Yeah, there are others I need to watch. I'm just getting into my "I don't watch TV, I spend my time outside." weather in Chicago, though. So TV is minimal until like December, at this point.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I think he's lying that he changes his underwear.

:laugh:

See... I've worn the same pants a second day, simply because I sit in a chair in my office 90-95% of my day, so it's not like they really get all that dirty/smelly. Undershirt(if I wear one) and button up/polo, and underwear... are daily changes, as are pants the vast majority of the time, and I would never go three days on a pair of pants. But the same shirt, same pants, every day, for an entire week? I just don't... I don't know what to say.

Reactions: ChiGuySez

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I’m sure no one at work notices that you wear the same smelly clothes every day.

I hope he meant something along the lines he buys a 5 pack of undershirts or something and wears those all week..... :help:

Maybe he’s a dish washer.

I’d honestly send someone home if they wore the same clothes for probably 3 straight days. I’d probably give a pass for 2 and think they just did the walk of shame right back to work.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I hope he meant something along the lines he buys a 5 pack of undershirts or something and wears those all week..... :help:

Maybe he’s a dish washer.

I’d honestly send someone home if they wore the same clothes for probably 3 straight days. I’d probably give a pass for 2 and think they just did the walk of shame right back to work.

He actually said he changes his undershirt. And his underwear. But wears the same shirt and pants over them for an entire week. :help:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Depends on what you're doing, but you can definitively get away with the same pants for a few days if you aren't very active. I've worn the same pair of khakis on consecutive days to the office for example. To be fair, the first thing I do after saying hello to the wife and kids when I get home is change into some comfortable clothes (sweats or basketball shorts and T shirt), so I'm only wearing them for about 1o hours a day at a desk.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Depends on what you're doing, but you can definitively get away with the same pants for a few days if you aren't very active. I've worn the same pair of khakis on consecutive days to the office for example. To be fair, the first thing I do after saying hello to the wife and kids when I get home is change into some comfortable clothes (sweats or basketball shorts and T shirt), so I'm only wearing them for about 1o hours a day at a desk.

Same exact process I have. If I wasn't doing much more than sitting at my desk, then I'll give the pants two days. Especially since, like you said, as soon as I'm home, they're off, and sweats or basketball shorts go on immediately.

Summer is different, as if you don't run the A/C in the car a lot, just the commute you sweat a lot, so the pants don't ever get 2 days then, really.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Anyone want to take bets on how often he brushes his teeth?

I’ll say once a week on Monday morning to start the week.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

:laugh:

I'm a 2x a day guy, personally. Morning after the shower. Night before bed. Mid-day, post-lunch is more a mint/gum kind of thing for me.

I know people who brush religiously like 5 times a day, though. Toothbrush brought to work, and all that jazz.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

I'm not saying this to pick on the guy, but I assume there isn't much showering happening either. No one showers and then puts on dirty clothes.

Reactions: RayP and ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad