OT: Anything Goes 33: What'cha Drinking?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Don’t a lot of the nutrients get pulverized in the blending process and then become non existent?

I know that’s the case with overcooking certain vegetables.

Does it lower just the nutrients or everything, including the fat and carbs? IIRC, cooking meat and fish actually increases everything.

From what I’ve read about the smoothies, I couldn’t find a definitive answer on how much is lost. What I did read is that oxidation decreases the nutrients. They said the only way to get all of the nutrients from fruit is to eat it right off the plant. Once they are picked, they begin to lose nutrients. It was also said that if you are making smoothies, the best thing to do is make it and drink it right away. If you pre-make it and leave in the fridge overnight, it loses something. I liked the smoothie I made last night though, one banana, about 8 raspberries and a spoonful of peanut butter.

I also read that rinsing berries strips them of nutrients, but I mean, you should probably rinse them in case they have pesticides or something.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Any random recommendations for Palm Springs?
We were there last year, rented a house with our own pool which was nice. The aerial tramway is pretty cool but it is f***ing cold up there. None of the restaurants we went to really stood out. Beautiful area.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I've made the momentous decision to not replace my busted laptop and just stick to a tablet for my internet needs. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that, aside from web browsing, a laptop is almost only a game machine for me, and compared to what I play on console it'd really only be for the massive time sink that is Civilization.

So, why not save money and time? I'll stick to console gaming and just get a keyboard for my tablet and be done with it.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Sounds like the same for MN. I think Tuesday/Wednesday forecast is like -23 without windchill.

Yeah, I think we have like -10 on Tuesday without windchill, and -25 overnight low. Then like -16 on Wednesday, and -30 overnight. The next week+ is basically single digits or low teens for the highs and below zero overnight.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Cannot believe my kids school didn't get cancelled today. 2 degree outside temperature at 8, -10 windchill. I think they're looking at Tuesday when its supposed to be a high of 7 and thinking that day for sure is getting called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad