OT: Anything Goes 33: What'cha Drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Since we have so many beer connoisseurs, any one have some tasty craft brews I should try out? (nationally distributed if possible since I am down here in TX)

Since I am lowering my alcohol intake (ie drinking 6 Miller Lites in a sitting), I am moving more towards 2-3 delicious beers that are just slightly higher ABV (5-6%). Prefer no stouts or bourbon beers.

Dogfish Head 60 Min IPA is one of my favorite beers.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I’m not sure where to put this, but we’re all a part of this HF Hawks community so I wanted to post it where we all can see it.

I think the way BWC is treated on here is sometimes very mean, and it needs to be dialed back. A lot of what’s said to and about him goes beyond attacking his posts related to hockey. I disagree with almost everything he says but there’s a better way to go about it.

The guy is getting serious shit over mundane things like bell peppers and coffee and it’s bordering on bullying. We’re all adults here for the most part and I think we can still be respectful to him while debating his statements about the Blackhawks. He’s been on this forum for a long time and he’s clearly not some waste of time troll.

He’s also an adult and is capable of bringing this up to a mod if he feels like it, but his treatment doesn’t always sit well with me though and I want to say something to everyone about it.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I’m not sure where to put this, but we’re all a part of this HF Hawks community so I wanted to post it where we all can see it.

I think the way BWC is treated on here is sometimes very mean, and it needs to be dialed back. A lot of what’s said to and about him goes beyond attacking his posts related to hockey. I disagree with almost everything he says but there’s a better way to go about it.

The guy is getting serious **** over mundane things like bell peppers and coffee and it’s bordering on bullying. We’re all adults here for the most part and I think we can still be respectful to him while debating his statements about the Blackhawks. He’s been on this forum for a long time and he’s clearly not some waste of time troll.

He’s also an adult and is capable of bringing this up to a mod if he feels like it, but his treatment doesn’t always sit well with me though and I want to say something to everyone about it.

:thumbu:

Doesn't always sit right with me either. I respect his opinion, despite disagreeing with it quite a bit. Felt he always caught it bad on poli too, and most of the time it was unwarranted. We've talked about it in PM before. :clap: for bringing it up, TI.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

The guy is getting serious **** over mundane things like bell peppers and coffee and it’s bordering on bullying. We’re all adults here for the most part and I think we can still be respectful to him while debating his statements about the Blackhawks. He’s been on this forum for a long time and he’s clearly not some waste of time troll.

Good on you for bringing it up. IMO, it also makes BWC go out of his way to be contrarian at times. HF Hawks is divisive and cliquey in comparison to other boards. It’s a real shame.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
With people, there are 2 cliques, the positive and the negative. The negative quotient is stronger here and it leads to dog piling on people, especially BWC. Some people need to find another outlet than picking on people incessantly.

Reactions: LDF

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Not usually, but BWC has had a more positive outlook lately at times and I wish there was something that could be done to bring more of that out of him.

I can’t speak for him, but I think he really wants to be accepted for who he is instead of ridiculed for it. Maybe we could all be a little more compassionate to each other, that’s all I have to say about it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Not usually, but BWC has had a more positive outlook lately at times and I wish there was something that could be done to bring more of that out of him.

I can’t speak for him, but I think he really wants to be accepted for who he is instead of ridiculed for it. Maybe we could all be a little more compassionate to each other, that’s all I have to say about it.

f*** you :sarcasm:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Watched Three Identical Strangers last night. It's a documentary on a set of triplets that was separated at birth. Very good, I'd recommend it.

I can't remember the last time I was able to sit down and watch a movie with my wife. It was nice, lol.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Has anyone here been to South America? I’m thinking of going somewhere there as my first time out of the country. Macchu Picchu and Buenos Aires are the two places I’m looking hardest at right now.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm a lender, what kind of lend do you need lended?

I'm a title officer, I just deal with numbskulls all the time on other people's' loans.

Has anyone here been to South America? I’m thinking of going somewhere there as my first time out of the country. Macchu Picchu and Buenos Aires are the two places I’m looking hardest at right now.

Never been, but Uruguay and Chile are my personal hitlists to visit in South America.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Machu Picchu, easy decision.

Reactions: BK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad