Anything Goes 30: Topicality Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Ok, cool. Yeah, I actually bought some fencing, I just didn’t open it yet because I wasn’t sure if that’s what I needed or if I needed anything. The holes are small, nothing would get through that.

Yeah, I don’t have a yard so can’t do anything major, just have big pots with cherry tomatoes, elevated, and some hanging pots, right now just basil but going to do some peppers too, wasn’t sure what I wanted but cayenne sounds great, will try those. My concern with the birds is the hanging pots because they look great as is and I would like to just leave them that way and not put up fencing or netting around those because it would look tacky.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Chili powder. Just sprinkle some on your flowers every so often, and that'll keep rabbits away. Same goes for putting some in a bird feeder to keep squirrels away as well. Only mammals hate the taste, so it doesn't freak out pollinators or the animals you're trying to attract.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Anyone else have squirrels literally chew through their city/village-provided, hardcore plastic garbage bins? No? Just me? Awesome.

Has to be the same f***er, has chewed through two bins now. I've never seen anything like it in my life. Chews a hole big enough for him to climb in right at the rim of the lid. Tried a couple things to deter, no avail. I don't see anyone else's having this so I don't know what made us so lucky but f*** is it ever aggravating.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Atlanta summers were miserable and had me wishing it was any other time of year.

Summer here is going to be f***ing awesome. :yo:

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Atlanta summers were miserable and had me wishing it was any other time of year.

Summer here is going to be ****ing awesome. :yo:

Southern summers are a whole different animal. I've lived in Florida and Phoenix so experienced both kinds firsthand. 90 and up here is a little warmer than ideal but I'll still take it over winter. High 70's-Low 80's here is right in the wheelhouse. I just like it warm enough that it's still pleasantly warm at night and not chilly. Comfortably warm summer evenings are the best and saying otherwise is just flat-out wrong. Move somewhere else and shut up. Fin.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Southern summers are a whole different animal. I've lived in Florida and Phoenix so experienced both kinds firsthand. 90 and up here is a little warmer than ideal but I'll still take it over winter. High 70's-Low 80's here is right in the wheelhouse. I just like it warm enough that it's still pleasantly warm at night and not chilly. Comfortably warm summer evenings are the best and saying otherwise is just flat-out wrong. Move somewhere else and shut up. Fin.

You’re more high maintenance than my wife.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Anyone else have squirrels literally chew through their city/village-provided, hardcore plastic garbage bins? No? Just me? Awesome.

Has to be the same ****er, has chewed through two bins now. I've never seen anything like it in my life. Chews a hole big enough for him to climb in right at the rim of the lid. Tried a couple things to deter, no avail. I don't see anyone else's having this so I don't know what made us so lucky but **** is it ever aggravating.

Invest in a pellet rifle. Make that tree rat disappear.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
You’re more high maintenance than my wife.

All the other bitching about weather around here and I'm the one you come at with this? I'll throw a stick between your spokes, bitch. Damn hipsters...

Invest in a pellet rifle. Make that tree rat disappear.

I have one but that'll require sitting out there and stalking him which I have all kinds of extra free time to do. :laugh:
That may happen this weekend, though....he goin die!

Reactions: ChiHawks10 and RayP

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Jul 4, 2017
Summer is so so so awful in Arizona.

giphy.gif

Reactions: TLEH

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Has to be the same ****er, has chewed through two bins now. I've never seen anything like it in my life. Chews a hole big enough for him to climb in right at the rim of the lid. Tried a couple things to deter, no avail. I don't see anyone else's having this so I don't know what made us so lucky but **** is it ever aggravating.

I don't think its squirrels at all ,, I think Giant Rabbits are screwing with you!

Be careful next time you go out this could happen to you

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Random as all get out but how do you take eggs out of the carton? Girlfriend goes left to right whereas I start in the middle and work my way to the edges in an effort to keep the carton more balanced.

She told me that's some serial killer shit.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
If I’m getting just two I take one from opposite corners. Or if 4, two from each side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad