OT: Anything Goes 28: Good Weather (for now) Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I've started working out recently as well. Been my goal to lose some weight once I had moved out of my parent's house and was buying food on my own.

Tough though being in a new relationship and all my girlfriend wants to do is eat out and get ice cream :laugh:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
So cool you guys are working out. I've been going to the gym to lose weight since the new year as well, lost 50 pounds so far, down from 300. I've got about the same height/build as Big Buff and I was looking like wedding photo Buff for a long time there. Feel like a teenager again. Working out needs to be a part of everyone's life, never stop!

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I've started working out recently as well. Been my goal to lose some weight once I had moved out of my parent's house and was buying food on my own.

Tough though being in a new relationship and all my girlfriend wants to do is eat out and get ice cream :laugh:

Congrats on the new relationship! Yeah, girls like ice cream, there's no doubt about that. Hey, who doesn't, its fire. They came out with these at Walmart recently and they're really good. They have them in vanilla too.

92de4ad1-0675-4fcb-86d2-73a174162d58_1.d6eee9228422506086bae5d30ff832b0.jpeg

The eating out one is harder, maybe sushi, but not everyone likes it.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
-sees everyone trying to be healthy
-post picture of delicious, fatty, sugary ice cream

...jerk :D

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I get the Yasso fro-yo popsicles sometimes. They're pretty good although it gets a little weird when it starts to melt

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The strawberry outshine bars are my jam for a good desert that I don't have to feel bad about.

Of course I kill my fair share of "bad" ice cream as well.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Nice to see healthy and active posters here. Keep it up boys (and Courtney).

I started doing boxing this summer and it's the most intense training I've ever had to do. I can go an hour on the elliptical with high resistance, pump out a 30 mile bike ride, and play hockey for an hour with relatively little problems. This **** is killing me. Learning how to properly throw punches, defend, and counter is awesome though. Much harder than I thought and it's giving me a lot more appreciation for getting hit in the face.

Also, watching fight scenes in TV and movies is pretty funny now. These guys would be dead in real life with the way they're getting hit and thrown around. They'd also be dead tired after about 30 seconds. Not a lot of realism in entertainment, who knew!? :laugh:

Have heard that about boxing. Something I'd like to get into at some point down the line, just from a training aspect. I have decent self-defense skills but I'd really love to learn boxing movements and really train at it.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
60 cals for the outshine, very nice, will check em out, obviously not available on prime, will have to look at walmart. Keep em coming folks, recipes, main entrees and apps too, shared information is the key.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Have heard that about boxing. Something I'd like to get into at some point down the line, just from a training aspect. I have decent self-defense skills but I'd really love to learn boxing movements and really train at it.

It's awesome, but my trainer doesn't do actual boxing training until after 40 minutes of strength and crazy cardio. Breaks your whole body down and gets you exhausted, then tells you to start throwing punches with precision and power. Very hard but very rewarding. Learning the techniques is as hard and frustrating as learning how to skate as a 23 year old was for me. With that said, I can't recommend it enough. If you're even a little interested you should do it.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Might I suggest perfecting the kick in the nuts, a classic, debilitating maneuver. Add galvanized steel plating to your flats for pronounced effect.

that move is or never really works, b/c you will need to hit the center mass.

i nice stomp to the inside ankle works better. a broken leg/ankle is the fastest and weakest bone to break. follow with a palm strike to the nose, break the nose. you should have 10 to 15 seconds of where the other person will be stun and you can escape.

i however like to follow up with a finger strike to the eye-ball ruin that person eye and bleed. i think that person will stop from that point on. total time, 25 seconds.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
that move is or never really works, b/c you will need to hit the center mass.

i nice stomp to the inside ankle works better. a broken leg/ankle is the fastest and weakest bone to break. follow with a palm strike to the nose, break the nose. you should have 10 to 15 seconds of where the other person will be stun and you can escape.

i however like to follow up with a finger strike to the eye-ball ruin that person eye and bleed. i think that person will stop from that point on. total time, 25 seconds.

Very.....detailed. Hey, girl on guy, anything goes, pull a piece of his brain out of his eyehole if you have to, that'll put him down I reckon. Light a cigarette and put it out on his penis as a calling card.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Very.....detailed. Hey, girl on guy, anything goes, pull a piece of his brain out of his eyehole if you have to, that'll put him down I reckon. Light a cigarette and put it out on his penis as a calling card.

joke all you want, but it works. it is the art of breaking bones in fighting.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
No, I know, you're right, like the palm shot.

another one, guy throw a right or left hook, trap the arm against your stomach of chest, twist and flip that person. with the trap arm, just let gravity work, knee down, inside knee on the shoulder joint, dislocate the shoulder, outside knee, knee on the arm just below the elbow, break his arm/elbow.... total time, 10 second. 2 broken bones and the person is crying like a baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad