OT: Anything Goes 27: The Twenty-Seventh Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
It actually looks cool but once you are inside of it for more than 20 minutes you realize how bad it is. A few years ago the sewage backed up and the entire building stunk like ****. They had to close it down for the day.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
It actually looks cool but once you are inside of it for more than 20 minutes you realize how bad it is. A few years ago the sewage backed up and the entire building stunk like ****. They had to close it down for the day.

It is cool when you first walk in and look around.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Yeah, this weather is incredible. I'm heading to Minnesota this weekend and will be in rinks the whole time but at least the driving will be nice and it'll be warm when I walk outside :laugh:

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I love this weather but not when its February 17th. 70 degrees in February? Are we nearing the end of the world?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, this weather is incredible. I'm heading to Minnesota this weekend and will be in rinks the whole time but at least the driving will be nice and it'll be warm when I walk outside :laugh:

State hockey tourney time. Mind me asking which games you are going to watch?

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I love this weather but not when its February 17th. 70 degrees in February? Are we nearing the end of the world?

Given the events of the past few months in the world and the way the weather has been it seems a foregone conclusion to me.

State hockey tourney time. Mind me asking which games you are going to watch?

Actually not anything high school related, surprisingly enough. Playoff weekend for the Tier 1 Elite League in Blaine.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

I know this makes me a bad person, but I'm in Florida for around 10 days, and the schadenfreude in me enjoys it more when it's freezing back home. I was somewhat disappointed today to see New York City in the 40s.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I know this makes me a bad person, but I'm in Florida for around 10 days, and the schadenfreude in me enjoys it more when it's freezing back home. I was somewhat disappointed today to see New York City in the 40s.

I am that way as well. I miss the cold in the summer and the heat in the winter.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Yep! I'm loving it. I'll have my boat out fishing on Sunday... can't pass up weather this gorgeous in mid-February. :yo:

Yea, I live on the Chain-o-lakes so, I went out fishing on Saturday, caught a couple of Muskie.

I'm just enjoying the weather...... I'm outside walking around in shorts and a t-shirt with sandals and it's supposed to be "the dead of winter". :laugh:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yea, I live on the Chain-o-lakes so, I went out fishing on Saturday, caught a couple of Muskie.

I'm just enjoying the weather...... I'm outside walking around in shorts and a t-shirt with sandals and it's supposed to be "the dead of winter". :laugh:

I was down at South Wilmington Sportsman's Club with my boat. Have a friend that is a member. We smashed the crappie yesterday. Was gorgeous outside... I was in a t-shirt with my sweatpants rolled up by 9am. And got sunburn! In February! Haha. :yo:

I've been thinking about grabbing a Chain sticker for this year for my boat. I'll decide later on in the year if I want to or not.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
I was down at South Wilmington Sportsman's Club with my boat. Have a friend that is a member. We smashed the crappie yesterday. Was gorgeous outside... I was in a t-shirt with my sweatpants rolled up by 9am. And got sunburn! In February! Haha. :yo:

I've been thinking about grabbing a Chain sticker for this year for my boat. I'll decide later on in the year if I want to or not.

Yea, the chain is great..... It can get really packed in the summer tho, I mean it's pretty much a party weekend getaway up here.... Fishing is great but you have to find your spots... Bass fishing is good, I'm more into catching huge catfish myself so I usually fish early and late... Actually I love night fishing ..... I tend to toss a line out, party and check on it couple of times an hour...

The only real problem is that it can get really packed with weekend warriors and people with limited experience driving boats so you have to be careful. It seems every year there is always a terrible accident..

Either way it's a blast and I love the atmosphere... There is plenty of stuff to do weather it's boating, skiing/tubing, fishing or drinking and gambling...

I love it.... Oh and there are a ton of Hawks fans which is awesome, every bar is like a Hawks road party.. So that's always fun..

Yea, so.... I would recommend the chain if you like that "summer resort" party type atmosphere...

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah, I've been going out there a long time. The amount of morons on the water on the weekends is ridiculous. Packed is an understatement! Was out there last year Labor Day weekend... and yeah, it was chaos.

I have friends that I've fished with a ton on their boats. Ice fished it quite a bit as well. So I'm familiar with the entire Chain. If I were to get it, it would be 95% for fishing, and the other 5% would be to drag the kids out and go tubing once in a while during the summer.

I'm kind of past that whole partying on the water thing, although I've done some insane partying out there back when I was stupid and reckless. Blarney Island was always a blast. :nod::yo::naughty:

It's fun every so often, but I don't drink when I'm driving my boat. I may have one or two over a long period of time, but it's no different than being in my car, to me. Except way more dangerous and with way more drunken morons all around you...

Just picked up my boat last summer, and it wasn't ready for the water until August. So I didn't bother with the Chain sticker. Debating it this year, though.

Last edited:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
You two...

l0Exqorg588NnacfK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad