OT: Anything Goes 27: The Twenty-Seventh Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Fair enough on the explanation to my question. I can get your take on how both can exist. I don't necessarily agree on the overrated part, but that's a different discussion. I get the genesis for the thought and that makes sense.

AC/DC is fine but every song just about sounds the same. They just do what they do and it works for them. I have AC/DC Live in my library on my phone and will partake once in a while.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Hot take alert...

I feel like live music is a little overrated. Don't get me wrong, I love music (classic rock and 90s alternative mostly, although some hip hop as well). I generally enjoy myself at them, but never to the level other people seem to. I don't know if I get hung up on the price (tickets/beers) or if I just feel awkward doing the act like your enjoying the music head bob or whatever, but everyone else seems to be having a better time than me. And again, I do like it, just not as much everyone else seems to.

Totally with you. Would much rather drop money on sporting events or travel costs.

My friends wanted me to go to GnR last summer and I had no interest in dropping $80-90 (plus beers) on it. No thanks.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I'm not as ardent of a concertgoer as I was when I was younger, but I still love a really good live show. I'll probably get to one or two a year still depending who's coming through town. Metallica will be my first show since Dierks Bentley at Soldier Field a couple summers ago.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I prefer live jazz or classical to rock.

Saw Bob Dylan a few years ago, and I love Dylan, but he couldn't remember half the words to his songs.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
OMG! OMG! Genie Bouchard agrees to a 2nd date with the "normal guy" she lost the twitter bet on the Supernova with?Guess they hit bit off on the first date at the Nets game...who coukd have guessed it woukd go this far?

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Selling quick. They've had presales going on since Monday or Tuesday this week.

I didn't realize that. Doh.

I first saw them back in 1989 at Poplar Creek on the Justice tour. Not a fan of their newer stuff as much, though the new album sounds pretty old school.

Maybe I'll try again tomorrow at 10:00 when the general sale starts, but I'm not going to go if I can't get on the floor. Which seems unlikely I guess.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I didn't realize that. Doh.

I first saw them back in 1989 at Poplar Creek on the Justice tour. Not a fan of their newer stuff as much, though the new album sounds pretty old school.

Maybe I'll try again tomorrow at 10:00 when the general sale starts, but I'm not going to go if I can't get on the floor. Which seems unlikely I guess.

I think the floor sold out as of this morning.

I'm jealous you got to see that tour. Would've loved to see them back in that era.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Some of their shtick has just started to get old and wear me thin a bit the last little while. Fels in particular.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Road rage to the max this morning. At a red light. One lane, one way road. Light turns green. Passenger in the car in front of me decides AFTER it turns green that it's not time to get out of the car. Then go into the back seat of the car to get their crap. And THEN go back through the passenger door, and lean over for a kiss goodbye. I lay on the horn when he gets back in the front to lean over, and don't let off until she moves. And then he looks at me like I'm the dick. Give me a ****ing break you inconsiderate *****. It's not even cold out, raining, or anything. Idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad