OT: Anything Goes 27: The Twenty-Seventh Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Maybe NFS will know this, but if our landlord isn't repairing the toilet and dishwasher in our Chicago apartment can we in turn refuse to pay rent?

Our dishwasher backs up with dirty brown water and the toilet leaks from the bottom. We told maintenance about this at the beginning of the month and still no repairs or acknowledgment that we've even contacted them.

You can break your lease and leave

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Hey Captain, if it makes you feel any better last Sunday I did an Ironman event. After the race was over, and on our way home, I eventually had a seizure. The front of my brain was bleeding, not much, but still was. They had to put me into a coma from Sunday-Wednesday just to let me entire body calm down and try to get back to normal. Finally home now, and no on any meds or anything for the time being.... But needless to say, that was probably the scariest thing I've ever gone through, even though I have zero recollection of any of it.

Oh, and my shoulders are pretty ****ed up too. Don't think I'll need surgery, but it will be a few weeks before they don't hurt for sure.

Ray you are a good poster. Don't die

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Going to be in Milwaukee Thursday-Sunday, for a wedding Saturday. Is there anything up there I need to make sure I check out? Only other plans while there is a rehearsal dinner Friday evening. Staying somewhere in the downtown area, forgot which hotel though.

Despite having lived in/near Chicago for 20 years, I don't think I've ever been to Milwaukee. Not for a single second.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Get your rocks ready to throw at me, but I've never been a chili fan.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
We had clowns on our campus last night. Though, I personally think it was just a student dressing up in a clown mask and messing around because apparently they were going around knocking on windows. Either way, though, it is still creepy.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I wonder if you have the legal right to beat the **** out of someone who is doing that? Like if they're standing outside yours or your kid's window being intentionally creepy. I'd think that would be my first reaction to seeing some weirdo near my little cousins

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I would assume if they are holding some type of weapon, yes. Otherwise I'm not sure.

I am just waiting for something to go wrong.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Had a visit with the neurologist, and appear to be in the clear. Still have some aches, and he said I'll probably have them for longer than I'd ever expect.... but that I can just take some Aleve. Still can't drive though, even though he technically cleared me to. Depth perception is still kind of ****ed up, and I just felt like I was going to hit everything in sight.

I do have one gripe with the hospital/ICU. They had to put a catheter in. Those jerks couldn't have removed it while I was still in the coma? They had to wake me up first, and THEN remove it? Freakin jerks. :rant:

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Seems better than pissing yourself because you thought it was still in.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Impala, where did you stay when you went to Costa Rica? All inclusive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad