OT: Anything Goes 18: Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Kurt, what's the coldest weather you'll bike in? I went out a few times 2-3 weeks ago when we had wind chills in the single digits, and it was awful.

What kind of bike you have?

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Kurt, what's the coldest weather you'll bike in? I went out a few times 2-3 weeks ago when we had wind chills in the single digits, and it was awful.

What kind of bike you have?

I went out for almost an hour yesterday to pick up a new bike lock (went to a bike shop that was a little further away and then took the long way home) and the windchill was probably in the single digits. I know the actual temperature without wind included was 15-16. It was okay for me actually except my feet were pretty damn cold (reminds me of the discussion we had about socks).

I have a jet black and gray GT Avalanche.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I went out for almost an hour yesterday to pick up a new bike lock (went to a bike shop that was a little further away and then took the long way home) and the windchill was probably in the single digits. I know the actual temperature without wind included was 15-16. It was okay for me actually except my feet were pretty damn cold (reminds me of the discussion we had about socks).

I have a jet black and gray GT Avalanche.

I bought some wool by I think SmartWool or something like that. $10, and absolutely worth it. I haven't taken them out when the temp has been in the teens yet, but did when it was in the high 20s and I could tell they made a huge difference.

You like it? I've got a Cannondale Evo SuperSix road bike, that I bought this summer. Absolutely love it.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Well, thought I was supposed to be meeting my class in the library today because were supposed to be doing some research for our midterm paper. But checked all three levels and didn't see my class, also checked the classroom and the main floor of that building. Count me confused.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I bought some wool by I think SmartWool or something like that. $10, and absolutely worth it. I haven't taken them out when the temp has been in the teens yet, but did when it was in the high 20s and I could tell they made a huge difference.

You like it? I've got a Cannondale Evo SuperSix road bike, that I bought this summer. Absolutely love it.

Mine is a little less expensive than that (and a mountain bike to boot), but I slapped some road tires on it and it rides awesome. It looks great too. So yeah, I love mine too.

Might have to invest in a couple pairs of those socks.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
A distant friend (he was a freshman when I was a senior, same fraternity, so only mildly knew him) passed away a little under a year ago, and today is his first birthday since his passing.

At least four people have wished him a happy birthday on Facebook so far today with no hint of knowledge that he was dead.

Whelp.... that's depressing.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
A distant friend (he was a freshman when I was a senior, same fraternity, so only mildly knew him) passed away a little under a year ago, and today is his first birthday since his passing.

At least four people have wished him a happy birthday on Facebook so far today with no hint of knowledge that he was dead.

Whelp.... that's depressing.

Wow...

Mine is a little less expensive than that (and a mountain bike to boot), but I slapped some road tires on it and it rides awesome. It looks great too. So yeah, I love mine too.

Might have to invest in a couple pairs of those socks.

You can do that? I got my bike on pretty sick end of the season deal, and $100 in store credit for some other Cannondale special they were running at the time. Saved almost $700 on it when it was all said and done.

I got these, and they're pretty awesome. Very thin and comfortable, and also much warmer than any other pairs I have by a wide margin.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/s...pzbWFydHdvb2wgbWVucw&skid=SWL0866-ARCBLUGN-XL

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah, I once found out that a friend died via Facebook about a month after he had passed as well, but in that situation's defense he was about twenty years older and barely used Facebook and likewise only had a fairly small collection of friends on the site. This guy's wall had been covered with mournful posts when it happened, though.

Have to imagine that's just folks that only saw the notification of whose birthday it was in the top right and didn't remember the news from about eleven months back...

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Is there snow on the ground in Chicagoland at the moment? There isn't in Central Illinois and I kind of want some on the ground for Christmas but we've missed out on the last few Midwest snowstorms. I think there's more snow toward St. Louis than here.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
My football coach at Augie got fired today. Didn't think it would happen till next year if we struggled, but I guess they pulled the plug early.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Nearing the end of the semester. Around this time, I always feel super stressed about getting everything done, but also relief that everything is finally coming together and wrapping up.
It is very conflicting

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Hey, it's not like a better, more accomplished Big Ten coach had become available a few hours prior to the decision to retain Beckman, right?

.... right?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I wish it could be like this all year long. Second straight day it's been 75 and sunny, and in December. Loving it. Took advantage and went for an awesome two hour long bike ride.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Are you doing anything fun in SD or stuck doing boring stuff related to a boring ass sport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad