OT: Anything Goes 18: Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah, I was like that throughout college and shortly thereafter. Pushing thirty now though, and my beard-growing ability has started to get at least somewhat respectable.

Granted, my brother and dad both could grow beards since their late teens/early 20s, so they've got the growing and trimming process down to a science whereas I'm just "durr.... Imma gonna just grow this until I get sick of it."

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I ended up walking like 40 minutes to my first class and just being late. The professor still gave me attendance for the day and I didn't have to sit there and listen to him blabble for the day. So that's nice. Got a lot of things to do from now till like 4, but then figure out what the heck I'm gonna do with my car. I don't have that much money to pay for a stinking locksmith, but if that's my only choice...

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Gray hairs in my beard seem to double every year. I'm scared about letting it grow in this winter.

LOL this conversation is reminding me of that ridiculous Brett Favre commercial with the mini hair trimmer thing where his before has him all gray-bearded and old looking and the after not only trims his facial hair but shows him with colored hair.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm just thankful that we're nice and slow to start off the month as usual.

Thinking I might just watch some YouTube in a little bit.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I love being done with classes at 11:20 every day. Getting up for an 8:30 every day sucks sometimes, but when I get done early I realize it was definitely worth it.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
A friend of mine one semester had three Tuesday/Thursday classes (two hours each) and one Wednesday class (three hours), so while the middle of his week was always jam packed he had four day weekends that entire semester.

Was mad jealous of that.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
This just feels like it's going to be a long week. Going to Charleston Friday morning though so have that to look forward to at least.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
I really think the worst part of giving plasma is the finger ***** at the beginning. Lol I hate that stupid thing

Is that the little needle they jab on your fingerprint at the beginning to test your blood? Cause they use those when you're donating blood too and I had to get that stupid thing done on like three separate occasions before my iron level was high enough to donate. It hurt more than the actual needle did.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Is that the little needle they jab on your fingerprint at the beginning to test your blood? Cause they use those when you're donating blood too and I had to get that stupid thing done on like three separate occasions before my iron level was high enough to donate. It hurt more than the actual needle did.

Yup, they test the iron and something else in the blood. I guess now that you mention it, I remember them doing the same thing when I used to donate blood in high school. I really do think that is more painful then putting the needle in, which is kind of funny. Neither is that painful, just like a little swear word moment and move on lol.

The most painful thing I've done so far was when the person was putting the needle in and couldn't find my vein. Tried poking fives times and missed, then called another person over and they got it on the first try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad