Anyone get the chills from this?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Brisebois was pretty decent. His terribleness was grossly exaggerated then and is still perpetuated by people like you.

Decent?? Lol, he was terrible. If you think he was decent, then you and I have different standards.
You do know that the guy battled severe depression because of how he was treated buy our fans, right? Ease up.

What does that have anything to do with being bad at defense??
Goes to show that you don't have to have superstars on every line to win.

Hmmm..unless I missed a part of history, we didn't win jack crap with that team.
But nobody ever said we need superstars on every line.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

I'm only 20, so I never grew up watching the Habs in a dynasty. I grew up with Koivu, Jose Theodore, etc, and the team struggled in these years, but games like this made me love my team as much as I do now.
I occasionally read our old rosters from the early 2000's and some of those names make me very nostalgic.

Anyone else?

Just where you never been involved in great team before. The years I started school until I graduated the Habs won 8 Stanley Cups

Davebo*

You do know that the guy battled severe depression because of how he was treated buy our fans, right? Ease up.

Where's the empathy for the long suffering fans, who watched that gong show night in and night out?

This fanbase needs a cup in the worst way. :help: The years between '93 and now have been mostly agonizing in my memory.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Chills??

Dackell
Brisebois
Rivet
Dykhuis
Kilger
Audette
Berezin
Quintal

Ya...gives me chills alright.

A chilled and frosty deception of forgettable fringemeisters. I wonder if Breezer was checking out their feet. :sarcasm:

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Where's the empathy for the long suffering fans, who watched that gong show night in and night out?

This fanbase needs a cup in the worst way. :help: The years between '93 and now have been mostly agonizing in my memory.
We're talking about thousands of people booing one guy night after night to the point where he battled severe depression which can destroy and even end a person's life.

Put in that light, I find your comment extremely disturbing.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
I did get a chance to see the 86 and 93 cups, but I remember this era well. I remember this particular game quite well as for me it defined Koivu as a player, we were underdogs during much of this period of hockey and guys like Markov, Koivu, Theodore gave us a chance to pull off some major upsets in the playoffs and to me that was as good as the cup because these teams really didn't have any business winning anything.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Brisebois was actually a very competent dman, many worse than him have played for the habs.

Come on buddy...he was terrible. He was a slightly better version of MAB. Bigger, but just as soft. He was so lost in his zone it was pathetic.
Yes, I would pick Breezer over other terrible Dmen that have played here. That hardly makes him competent.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Come on buddy...he was terrible. He was a slightly better version of MAB. Bigger, but just as soft. He was so lost in his zone it was pathetic.
Yes, I would pick Breezer over other terrible Dmen that have played here. That hardly makes him competent.

Breezer was the DD of his day.

His only saving grace -- he was lucky to be playing in the era of pre-social media.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal

I'm only 20, so I never grew up watching the Habs in a dynasty. I grew up with Koivu, Jose Theodore, etc, and the team struggled in these years, but games like this made me love my team as much as I do now.
I occasionally read our old rosters from the early 2000's and some of those names make me very nostalgic.

Anyone else?

Cool time capsule. GREAT audio.

... but bad memories.

10 - 15+ years of INSANELY brutal 1st round draft picks. :shakehead

Koivu is fine, of course.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
I'm 24 so I grew up watching these players too and I understand your nostalgia man, it's the same for me. Some great childhood memories are linked directly to these early 00's teams so even tho they were pretty bad I'll always remember them in a good way!

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Anyone else?

How can you not love this face?

2q3ofq0.png

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I was at that game with my dad... it was insane!!! The Koivu goal, I always remembered the play Markov made to keep the puck in the zone. I've been to other habs playoffs games, but this one is probably the best in terms of atmosphere and drama I've ever attended.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Anyone else?

That Koivu goal man... tear to my eye, that was somethin else

we're pretty privileged to have had some pretty decent playoffs even AFTER this 2002 one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad