OT: Anyone else misses watching games on TQS?

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I miss 110% a lot...

Here's a classic Bergy, not 110% though, but he was like this every night on 110%:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I got this from a VHS from the 2001-02 season:

Kind of nostalgic. I miss their intro.

Most exciting TQS game I ever saw, regular season, was in Spring 1987, a game in Quebec City, Brian Hayward in nets, a furious 3-3 game that the Habs finally won with a late third period goal on a 2-on-1 by Bobby Smith/Claude Lemieux..

I SOOOO wish I could find footage of that goal, and the minutes that preceded it.

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
Most exciting TQS game I ever saw, regular season, was in Spring 1987, a game in Quebec City, Brian Hayward in nets, a furious 3-3 game that the Habs finally won with a late third period goal on a 2-on-1 by Bobby Smith/Claude Lemieux..

I SOOOO wish I could find footage of that goal, and the minutes that preceded it.

I wonder if there's a way to get access to this kind of thing from television archives in some kind of library. I would assume everything that's ever aired on TV is archived somewhere, presumably even defunct channels. Might be expensive though

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
TQS was great, Andre Coté was the man too bad he's deadly afraid of flying,

110% was so much better than l'antichambre,Morissette and other copycats( what was the name of the show on SRC with Dany Dubé and gerard .....)

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
i miss semi humoristique shows like cest pas fini with michel beaudry

noted another as this one included yvon lambert, guy was I beast (hosted by jean claude gelinas, dont know what the show was tho)

RDS failed to do so hiring the goon with his guitar and the fat guy, that show opened a screen on players life, but the funny part was completely ********

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
Here's another one:

The sound really sucks on this one, because I recorded it with the TV volume at maximum but the cable volume at minimum, so the VHS recorded with minimal volume...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
TQS was great, Andre Coté was the man too bad he's deadly afraid of flying,

110% was so much better than l'antichambre,Morissette and other copycats( what was the name of the show on SRC with Dany Dubé and gerard .....)

110% was pure garbage. It was such a farce. It truly was one of the worse sports shows ever. It was entertaining however, people watched it because they would laugh at these idiots pretending to talk about hockey. I kept watching because I wanted to hear what was the next dumb crap they would say.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Wow! Thanks for the memories op! Now I understand why I'm less invested in hockey compared to before. Just look at that introduction by TQS, the dramatic music and storytelling. It just feels like it's a can't miss hockey game and that every game is game 7.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
I went to Brasserie Capri friday to watch the game and Beaudry was the MC there. :laugh:

Classic!

I know, I was there for Game 2 :rant: The Capri owner hired Beaudry after he lost the services of Yvon Lambert, who now does PR stuff for Les Canadiens during playoffs games, or so I've heard. Beaudry was sitting at the bar, about 10 feet away from me. You have no idea how many times I wanted to get up and smack that stupid fake smile off his ugly, wrinkled face :pullhair:

You know how it works at Le Capri, moitié-moitié and all... During the 1st period last week, during a commercial break,the owner tells him "it's time to give away a pitcher"; Beaudry replies "not yet". The owner looks at him and says "NOW", which looked and sounded more like "you're not gonna tell me how to run my business".

What a Tom-Kosto-****ing-poulos tool :laugh:

(but I don't care, I won a pitcher and my buddy wona Habs jersey)

Clippy

Sep 22, 2011
Does anyone remember when they would present the goalies with "'L'oeil du Tigre"? I remember it being so intense as a kid, it would be amazing to have someone post a video of it...

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
Does anyone remember when they would present the goalies with "'L'oeil du Tigre"? I remember it being so intense as a kid, it would be amazing to have someone post a video of it...

What season and what channel was it? If it's from the mid 90s I probably have a tape of it

Clippy

Sep 22, 2011
What season and what channel was it? If it's from the mid 90s I probably have a tape of it

It was in the Late 90s and probably early 2000s on Radio Canada.

That would be sweet! A little nostalgia is always good.

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
Hmm... I looked through some of them and I don't see any "oeil du tigre" reference. BTW the announcers were Claude Quenneville and Yvon Pednault on Radio Canada in those years... I would assume that the tiger thing were in games in which Michel Bergeron was involved

EDIT:
I looked through a tape of a 96 game against the Rangers on TQS with Alain Cote and Michel Bergeron, and when they present the goalies they simply call it "devant le filet" and show his picture with his stats, etc.

Are you sure the "oeil du tigre" was during the goalie presentation at the beginning of games and not some kind of inbetween the periods thing?

Last edited:

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
OK, I looked through a 2001-02 game on Radio-Canada, and the only thing is that between the periods there's a segment called "Le Commentaire du Tigre" and it's just Bergeron talking about the game.

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
Np, it looks like this is something that was done sometime after 98 and before 2001. I barely ever watched hockey during that time so I didn't record games. I sort of lost interest in hockey after 1997 because 1. Lemieux retired, and 2. the Canadiens sucked, and 3. I was getting older and busier

I think I have one game recorded somewhere from 1999-2000 but I have no idea what channel it was on, I would have to find that tape

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad