OT: Anyone else misses watching games on TQS?

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
I remember that it was on TQS that Saku made his comeback. I think that was the last year. The season after was an underwhelming one, with Therrien getting fired. I think most games were in RDS starting 2002-2003 with the simultaneous diffusion on RadioCan for Saturday games. That was the Houde-Pedneault era.

I'm not 100% sure though.

Cue the obligatory

;)

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
All I remember is how bad 110% was :laugh:

It was like antichambre only worse. I guess you could maybe call it equivalent, both shows have had their moments. There was one 110% episode in particular, I vaguely remember one of the guys going bat **** crazy and I think being removed from the show.

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal

It was like antichambre only worse. I guess you could maybe call it equivalent, both shows have had their moments. There was one 110% episode in particular, I vaguely remember one of the guys going bat **** crazy and I think being removed from the show.

It was much much worst :laugh:. The format was

Host introduces topic
Man 1 starts screaming his opinion
Man 2 tells him he's he an idiot and his opinion is garbage
Everyone starts screaming at each other
Cut to commercial, comeback everyone is calm
Host introduces topic
**** goes down again :laugh:

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec

110.jpg

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I see your old TQS intro and I raise you...

Couldn't find the old TVA intro, I LOVED that song.

There's something about old school sports intros that is so bad-ass, the songs are usually awesome.

Gotta say the TVA Sports hockey theme hits that cord as well. There's kids that will have it imprinted in their minds.

Underrated hockey intro, that Senators' theme. Love the horns, hopefully we never ****ing hear it again after tonight.

Blades of Steel level :yo:

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl

That 10% de quotient by RBO was a pretty good parody.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbYnrKrnm6M

I remember how Jean Perron always looked drunk on 110%

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
I see your old TQS intro and I raise you...

Couldn't find the old TVA intro, I LOVED that song.

There's something about old school sports intros that is so bad-ass, the songs are usually awesome.

Gotta say the TVA Sports hockey theme hits that cord as well. There's kids that will have it imprinted in their minds.

Underrated hockey intro, that Senators' theme. Love the horns, hopefully we never ****ing hear it again after tonight.

The song at 1:10 of that video isn't just for TQS.. it was kind of the Nordiques tv song. I have a Nordiques game on VHS from 1988-89 from RDS and they're using that same tune in the intro

Last edited:

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
110%. Everything that's bad with l'antichambre and tva sport but 1000x worse

I remember that show on the day that Koivu came back from his cancer against the Senators and got a standing ovation. Obviously since it was his first game back he only played a few minutes.

Anyway, at 110% after the game they were saying "honestly, how would you grade Koivu tonight?"

And another one said "I would give him 2/10. He wasn't really good."

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
I remember that show on the day that Koivu came back from his cancer against the Senators and got a standing ovation. Obviously since it was his first game back he only played a few minutes.

Anyway, at 110% after the game they were saying "honestly, how would you grade Koivu tonight?"

And another one said "I would give him 2/10. He wasn't really good."

I'm surprised he didn't get interrupted enough to just say **** it and never have time to give his opinion :laugh:

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
YES !!! La question quiz Dirt Devil

how about

le bleuet d'or and le bleuet flétrie

OMG the memories

I have a bunch of these on VHS, I used to record literally every game on VHS in the mid 90s. I think I'm going to be posting a lot of those stuff over the summer

That little tune they played with the dirt devil question was kind of badasss

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
Man, the memories :)
That season just felt special for some reason. IIRC we started the year 4-0-1, then we went back to being a .500 team for most of the season, before Theodore turned it up and got virtually unbeatable.
IIRC, it was even that night that some Buffalo guy concussed Theo, and Gilmour ran him.

Here's the video of this incident:

I'm having trouble uploading this video (youtube is super slow) so I don't know if it'll work

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad