Anyone else getting a bad feeling about goaltending?

Aug 3, 2010
I'm surprised he needs to re-learn everything each year.

Is this common for all players, or just goaltenders, or just the Flames?
Well, as it's been pointed out, everyone has their default personalities and habits, which lead to good or bad decisions depending on the scenario.

As for 're-learning': IIRC, every year, in every school across the country, almost EVERY class has a brief review period of what was taught in the previous year/semester in order to refresh. What's the difference for an athlete?

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
He's definitely struggling. He's not seeing the puck well nor following the play well at all. He's flopping all over the place. His lateral movement isn't very good right now and he's giving up big rebounds. In other words, he's playing terribly. The Flames will only go as far as Kiprusoff takes them, and right now that's to the cellar.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Have I felt bad abut goaltending?
Sharks game: No
Ducks game: Nope.
Canucks game: No.
Oilers game: No.
Avalanche's game: Yes. Absolutely.

Aug 3, 2010
The one year out of the last 5 that the Flames finally get some offense going and Kiprusoff finds out he's getting old.

Product of the system :sarcasm:?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think I would give Kiprusoff one more start. If he sucks hard against Chicago, then make a change.

If Sven is ready to go Saturday I would sit Cammy and Kipper and let it be known if you suck you sit no more chances to get going we just wasted 4 homes games and got 2 points. Kipper has been terrible let Irving start honestly couldn't be any worse and unlike Kipper may have a fire under his ass with the fact he wants to prove himself.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
If Sven is ready to go Saturday I would sit Cammy and Kipper and let it be known if you suck you sit no more chances to get going we just wasted 4 homes games and got 2 points. Kipper has been terrible let Irving start honestly couldn't be any worse and unlike Kipper may have a fire under his ass with the fact he wants to prove himself.

I'm all for sitting Cammy. He's been absolutely useless on the ice.

I don't have a problem with playing Irving. I agree, he can't be much worse than Kipper.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'm all for sitting Cammy. He's been absolutely useless on the ice.

I don't have a problem with playing Irving. I agree, he can't be much worse than Kipper.

Cammy has been no worse than Kipper imo. I find it kind of Funny that Iginla doesn't start scoring and half this board thinks he sucks but Kipper starts like this and he is just a slow starter.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

Baertschi is listed as week-to-week, not day-to-day.

Anyways, I want to see Irving play Saturday. Please make it happen Hartley.

TylerSVT*

Irving playing against Chicago is the worst thing for his development.

Guy has barley played in the AHL, put up bad numbers when he did. Has not played an NHL game yet, and you guys want to throw him out against one of the top 3 teams in the NHL right now?

Put Kipper out there, if he sucks... no big deal. If he pulls his crap together, great.

Either way, you start Irving when you at least have a shot at winning. The Flames are already long shots to beat Chicago, why start a shaky backup?

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton

Guy has barley played in the AHL, put up bad numbers when he did. Has not played an NHL game yet, and you guys want to throw him out against one of the top 3 teams in the NHL right now?

Put Kipper out there, if he sucks... no big deal. If he pulls his crap together, great.

Either way, you start Irving when you at least have a shot at winning. The Flames are already long shots to beat Chicago, why start a shaky backup?

Do you know how much confidence he would have going into Chicago, knowing the coach trusts him in that game? I take you back to a young Irving playing against the future Presidents trophy winners, playing absolutely lights out. He was phenomenal, who's to say thats not the Irving we see saturday?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Irving was fantastic against the Canucks last season, the Hawks are going to be playing their 2nd game in as many nights, it could be a good situation to give him a chance.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

No worse for his development the sitting on the bench, give him a chance

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2